Author Topic: WTB fiero drop spindles and suspension kit , big brakes  (Read 3851 times)

Ixlr8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: WTB fiero drop spindles and suspension kit , big brakes
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2018, 11:57:58 AM »
Thanks to all those who responded and helped me find the parts I needed.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 11:20:51 AM »
From what I know understand up to a 11.25 rotor can be used on a 15 inch wheel. I have been on wilwoods site and can find rotors of those dimensions but its the hat offsets that are throwing me. And of course I would have to choose what calipers to use also, they have so many I'm pretty much confused. Then there is a problem as to if the stock fiero brake booster and master cylinder can be used with this brake combo. any thoughts on this?

I am pretty much confused as well. I offer you 10.75 rotors that I believe will fit, you yourself say in #18 that you believe anything less than 11.25 will fit, Eric at AEAuto, who knows exactly what he is talking about, gives a third independent verification they will fit, and yet in #12 you say they will not fit. 

Ixlr8

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 02:00:07 PM »
I look forward to hearing from you msaby

msaby

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 01:42:57 PM »
I think I might have a set of front fiero hubs cut down, I may even have a set of 11.25 rotors.

Thanks
Mike

Ixlr8

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 06:58:36 PM »
No aeauto they do not offer a full kit, wish they did. The problem I have is I live in a small town that does not have a machine shop worth anything.

aeauto

• Liked: 33
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 06:54:40 PM »
The Fiero master cylinder should work with the Wilwood calipers.  Do they offer a complete kit with mounting brackets for the calipers?  When I have done bigger brakes on Fiero spindles I cut the rotor off of the stock hub and use a hat with custom machined brackets to mount the calipers.  That way you can use whatever offset it takes to make the rotor fit.

Ixlr8

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 02:19:14 PM »
From what I know understand up to a 11.25 rotor can be used on a 15 inch wheel. I have been on wilwoods site and can find rotors of those dimensions but its the hat offsets that are throwing me. And of course I would have to choose what calipers to use also, they have so many I'm pretty much confused. Then there is a problem as to if the stock fiero brake booster and master cylinder can be used with this brake combo. any thoughts on this?

aeauto

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 01:47:16 PM »
If you go back to message 5, Charlie gave a rotor diameter of 10.75 for a 15 inch wheel kit.  That should fit.  I have fitted 11 inch rotors in 14 inch wheels with Dynalite calipers on Mustang II spindles.

76mx

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 12:06:14 PM »
No bad feelings here either. I have the components and knowledge to build a brake system, but there is no stock package, every build is different. Yours uses 15" wheels, we need to know the diameter of the caliper pocket and that dimension is going to be different on the next set of 15" wheels, maybe even different from front to back on yours. So far the conversation is about diameter of the caliper pocket, we never got to the depth of it in order to see which of the 100+ hat thickness options might work (all of which have separate part numbers). These are only a few of the reasons why I cannot provide specific part numbers now, but if you want to purchase a correctly done brake system, I still think it can be done. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:08:03 PM by 76mx »

Ixlr8

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 11:51:43 AM »
76mx I'm sorry you feel that way but I did not make you jump through hoops as you say, I feel if you are selling the product you should already know what you have in stock and not have to jump through hoops in order to find out what you have. Think about it a sale should take some effort on the side of the seller, how else do you expect to sell? I did put down these are to fit a 15 inch wheel and unfortunately your 13 in rotors are just too big. I was hoping that the seller ( you ) would have known that without having to go to great extremes, sorry if I put you out. I want no bad feelings here.....and I thought I did pm you saying I do not think they will fit my wheels, maybe I got you confused with another person, sorry

76mx

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 11:41:06 AM »
I did not get a PM, nor was I told they would not fit and you have turned down the offer. The only info I have is from your Post #7 stating "Sounds like that setup would work for me". That is the Post just before the silence, the one where you ask me to jump through the hoops and provide all of the part numbers for the brakes that will not work.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:46:23 AM by 76mx »

Ixlr8

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 10:14:24 AM »
I have had a few offers on the suspension arms however they have all been wide track ones, I use my wheels for the proper offset so I would need control arms for stock width. If anybody has those please contact me, thanks

Ixlr8

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 10:07:37 AM »
If you are referring to me I have been answering all responses through pm. I appreciate those who have parts for sale and have taken the time to respond to my requests. 76mx, The big brakes I'm looking for have got to fit into 15 inch wheels and that is why I had to turn down the offers for 13 inch brakes they just do not fit, sorry if that bummed you out. I'm working on a 84-87 fiero and need parts that fit those years I do not respond for 88 fiero parts,sorry again.....I would like to add I did find my drop spindles on this forum and add thanks to that gentleman.

aeauto

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 08:51:14 AM »
Happens to me all the time.  I will get an email requesting information about parts and then after I research and send the information I never hear from them again.

76mx

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 12:05:14 AM »
I realize that some of my posts seem to be cynical, and that is not intentional, but let us review the undisputed facts. The Newbie comes here "Wishing to buy soon" a brake system. I offer them that brake system with the engineering needed to make it work and at a price lower than they will find it anywhere else...and then...silence. Good thing I did not waste my time with "Also looking for high performance sway bars", which I also have.