Author Topic: WTB fiero drop spindles and suspension kit , big brakes  (Read 3853 times)

Simple Man

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: WTB fiero drop spindles and suspension kit , big brakes
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 02:27:32 PM »
As stated in header looking to complete my stretched fiero countach, looking for drop axles and custom suspension arms such as the ones Held motorsports and Ryan motorsports use to sell, also looking for a big brake system to fit with 15 inch countach wheels. If you are selling high performance fiero braking or suspension parts please contact me wishing to buy soon! also looking for high performance sway bars.

What year Fiero? 

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 01:34:29 PM »
They are definitely bigger than Fiero, and much better looking. I do not have individual part numbers because each kit has to be tailored. The four corner Wilwood brake set up is $3,400 this way: Six piston Dynapro calipers powdercoated red or your choice, pads, drilled and slotted directional rotors with black elecrtro coat, hats with black electro coat, 2 mechanical parking brake calipers powdercoated red or your choice, pedal assembly forward or reverse slung, and 2 master cylinders choice of bore. 

Ixlr8

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 12:35:46 PM »
To me big brakes is anything bigger then the fiero and vented.......76mx do you happen to have any part numbers for the parts you have mentioned?...sounds like that setup would work for me. any help would be appreciated, thanks

76mx

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 11:34:57 AM »
Ixlr, In Wilwood, the smallest big brake setup that gives the necessary rotor width and hat offset is a 10.75" diameter rotor. With Dynapro or Dynalite calipers, the O.D. of your caliper is 12.86", a pretty tight to fit into a 15" wheel. Depending on the caliper pocket design of your wheels, this may or may not work, and I do not know if 10.5" is considered big brakes, but this is the smallest of your options and it may be too big. Also, that rotor uses the small and rare 6x6.25" bolt circle so your only hat option comes undrilled. There are smaller diameter rotors, but their .75 width is incorrect for any decent type of caliper, you loose any possibility of a parking brake, and the hats are non-existent.   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 11:42:50 AM by 76mx »

Ixlr8

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 11:01:04 AM »
thanks for the info, always appreciated. But I'm going to stay with the 15 countach replica wheels I already have them and the tires, now the brakes that another story it seems

76mx

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 09:15:06 PM »
Ilxr, with these 17" wheels you can fit a decent brakes and use $150 tires instead of $600 Countach sized tires. The newer style is in the third picture. I sell the brakes and wheels. The pics show a non-slotted and drilled rotors without black electroplating, I have no idea why they were on that car.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:18:55 PM by 76mx »

Ixlr8

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »
thanks for your reply, yes I noticed that a 15 inch rim limits big brakes, but that what countach come with. I was thinking of buying some 17inch ones though , but I would like to stay countach tires

Neils88

• Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 01:07:47 PM »
Held (latest was called Arraut) shut down when Richard retired. Check WestCoast Fiero. Brake sizes are limited when using 15" rims

Ixlr8

WTB fiero drop spindles and suspension kit , big brakes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 12:36:15 PM »
As stated in header looking to complete my stretched fiero countach, looking for drop axles and custom suspension arms such as the ones Held motorsports and Ryan motorsports use to sell, also looking for a big brake system to fit with 15 inch countach wheels. If you are selling high performance fiero braking or suspension parts please contact me wishing to buy soon! also looking for high performance sway bars.