Author Topic: Help Completing Watson LP640 Kit  (Read 2213 times)

Bartman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 23
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Help Completing Watson LP640 Kit
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 10:18:41 AM »
I guess the question is: what are they worth?  I have molds and OE qtrs.  I just have another very profitable business that does not give me much time to pull away and make things.  For me to pull away and make two full qtrs would probably be in the 1500 buck range maybe higher.  I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the reason I don't try and sell parts is because it is a hobby and not profitable.  That's why no one stays in the kit car/replica business very long.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 12:52:11 PM »
Darkness,
    I have Murcie molds, they are the same as Watson's, but apparently some have been lost, misplaced, or mixed with other molds in their trip from Georgia to Texas, in particular the rear quarter panels. I am going to the fiberglass shop a week from today to pick up a Countach body, but have also blocked out the entire day to sort these molds. I am certain I have molds for most of what you need, maybe all of it, but if you can wait one week I can tell you exactly. I think I know the rest of this story. If you are wondering where another set of Watson molds came from, they are the set that was used to keep your chassis builder out of prison. 

darkness eternal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 04:41:38 AM »
Thanks. I am in Georgia, just a couple of hours from where John was working out of actually.

I checked and I do have an inner. It is mostly buried under other parts and I can only see a small bit of it, so I can't tell if it is a rear or front inner.

I fully understand your hesitation about selling it. I am plagued with the "what-ifs" too and can understand the appeal of having a spare, especially front bumper. If you do feel comfortable selling it, please let me know.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 07:48:22 PM »
Where abouts are you located? I do have a Watson front bumper I'm willing to part with but it is missing the inner.
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

darkness eternal

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 11:20:19 AM »
Thanks for the reply Purple LP670 SV. 

This has been a VERY long struggle (since 2010). I had a full body, but had commissioned a fabricated chassis, and that fabricator stole most of my body. Then I went to buy another from John and then his health fails halfway through. Needless to say, I'm tired and frustrated and certainly appreciative of any assistance.

I apologize, I don't any good pictures of progress because well, there is none. My parts are getting dusty in my stuffed basement and the Lamborghini frame is at a friend's storage an hour and half away.

This is what I've been using to track progress/lack-of-progress/retreat-of-progress. The parts coloured in blue I have.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 06:46:34 PM »
Any pics of what you all have? I believe the molds John had are long gone, I know who purchased them but highly doubt you will be able to get anything made from him. I also know a gentleman who has intentions of molding his OEM quarters, when finished these will be far better than those which Watson offered. Post some pics, show some progress and I will get you his info. Good luck on your build!  ::wave
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

darkness eternal

Help Completing Watson LP640 Kit
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 03:13:59 PM »
Greetings,

I have a partial LP640 kit made by John Watson, which unfortunately he will never be able to complete for me. I need some help finding the remaining parts, which include the two rear quarter panels.

Does anyone have any contact information for someone reputable that I may source some quarter panels from?

Hopefully someone knows who has John's molds. Other parts are needed, but I really need these quarters.

Roadster or Hardtop, doesn't matter to me. I have a salvage Lamborghini frame to put it on so exact replicas are preferred. U.S. sellers strongly preferred as I want to pick them up in person.

Thanks in advance for the help.