Author Topic: Aventador Build  (Read 19664 times)

apsara

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-1
Re: Aventador Build
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 10:00:02 PM »
Finally got some time to work on the Aventador body, was cutting out the door today I'll post a pic of it tomorrow when I finish the top portion of it.  It's been section into 3 blocks for machining, will have it together tomorrow night :)   Been so busy building other projects didn't have time to work on this but now I do

Site Admin

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »
Ok.. to protect the original topic of "What to build", I split the thread into two parts and placed all the front engine lambo discussion in a thread of it's own.  This should allow both discussions to continue and keep everything from mixing together like it was.

Chris

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 04:31:30 AM »
I agree with Mike and if I was doing all of this again, I would've started with a AD body and located a good original or custom frame.  There is a point of diminishing return related with trying to use a donor platform and the more you modify it, the less it makes sense financially and lost time.

Chris
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:26:46 PM by No Bull »

Murci-Me

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 12:02:45 AM »
The steel welding line is what carries the voltage through the whip though, if you change it to teflon you would also have to create a new path for the voltage.
The spool gun works because its a short distance between the Alum wire spool and the welding point, the wire doesnt have to be pushed very far through the tube, which remains straight and doesnt allow the Alum wire to bend causing kinks and jams. Most whips are 6+ feet long though, and are able to bend and flex like a water hose. Pushing Alum wire from behind through 6 feet of bent and twisting teflon tubing is a recipe for disaster though, the wire is not rigid enough to hold straight for that distance without jamming. I hope for your sake it works though, put a video up on YouTube when you get the thing going. You are not the first person to try this though, and I think if it were possible welder manufacturers would offer an Aluminum ready whip to fit in place of the steel one.
Kinda makes you wonder why they went through all that work designing the spool gun when all they had to do is replace the guide tube on their existing steel whips LOL!

apsara

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 06:11:29 PM »
its a very simple and cheap step to change it over.  all you have too do is replace your steal welding line from your whip with a teflon line.  it has to be bigger than your wire is, so the teflon line is 1mm and your wire is 0.8.  the wire will expand when welding and make sure you butt up the teflon right up against the wire rollers so that it gives it no room to twist and bunch up.  switch your gas too 100% argon and your ready to weld.  If you have always been wanting to weld aluminum but couldn't afford a tig or a spool gun, this is the cheapest way to weld aluminum.  hope you find this info useful.

I was planning on doing the Huayra first but that build is going to take longer too do, plus Im going to wait till I can find a cheaper supplier for carbon fiber.  Want to make the chassis carbon fiber, and at $3,000 a roll its going to get very expensive too do.  going to need at least $18k-$20 to build just the chassis, so going to wait a bit for that or just sell off a few avent bodies to fund the huayra.

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »
had too it was a must, and I just learned how to convert my mig to weld aluminum with out using a spoolgun awesome!
I was going to vote Pagani Huayra, but after seeing the line sketches I have to admit that it looks sick!!!!

What did you have to do to the welder to weld al and not need a spool gun????

apsara

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 05:55:33 PM »
had too it was a must, and I just learned how to convert my mig to weld aluminum with out using a spoolgun awesome!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:59:30 PM by apsara »

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 08:13:16 AM »
good call on the ugly aventador mirrors lol

apsara

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 12:40:14 AM »
I looked at it again and the mirrors are just too ugly to me, so I switched them out for f430 mirrors looks much better.  I'll work on the doors tomorrow, need some sleep

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 12:25:34 AM »
Loving it!   ::thumbup

Chris

apsara

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 11:46:14 PM »
so ya......

I decided what I want to do now, going to build two bodies at once.  making a Zonda R and a aventador body.  Here's the catch this is no regular aventador body.  After coming home from my shop, I sat around and got really really bored!! so started looking at some picture of the Aventador, and well it just lacks a few things, me personally I kinda like the wild look no mild stuff for me.  So what I did was mash up a few model styles.  Took the slenderness of the Avent J, roof line of the regular Aventador, and doors of the Murcie.  Well not the doors just yet but will work on it later.  I hate the way the aventador doors open up, sooo honda civic like.  What I plan on doing is making them open up true to lambo style like the Murcie.  The front door line will be moved forward up the fender a few more inches to meet up with the A pillar.

So ya, love it or hate it guys this is my rendition, here's some shots of it.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 06:18:17 PM »
I would seriously consider buying any Zonda body once my LP640 roadster is completed.  ::thumbup

I would even set up a new website called ZondaClone.com    ::toothy

Chris

apsara

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 10:01:19 AM »
I do like the roadster, but can't find any good 3d model to work with.  I do have an excellent modeler person who design anything, but rather just purchase one that's already made so all I have to do is just explode the parts ready for machining. 

Well i would like to the this oven you have  ::thumbup I need one of this! I've looked before and couldn't ever find something like this and x4 on the Aventador Roadster. What windshield would you use? If you could solve that puzzle you would make a few members really happy ::toothy. Also if you do a Lamborghini you cold post a build on here ::beers

As for the oven, can't release any photos of it yet its still patent pending.  Once ready I will offer the ovens for sale.  whatever car I choose to build I will post up a painted plug for you guys to gander at.

Im from the land of maple syrup and bacon :)

DiabloRoadsterJC

• Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »
In what part of the country are you located ???

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 09:26:48 AM »
Lp670 SV is the nicest car ever and I've not seen anyone build one
we see aventadors being made

How could you say no?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:32:49 AM by Tallon »