Author Topic: Aluminum Headlight Rings - Any Interest?  (Read 9263 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Aluminum Headlight Rings - Any Interest?
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2014, 11:00:49 AM »
SchulzeA may have a 3D model of the Reventon cap.

Also, I got my rings from Chris and let me tell you, they are awesome and a perfect fit! So glad I was able to snag these. They will set my headlights apart as something special.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2014, 10:32:07 AM »
The small rings where cut yesterday and I have some pictures to share.  There are several tool changes involved and he had to make a couple fixtures to hold the parts in the multi-stage machining process.  We stayed up to about 1:00 AM this morning getting them to the stage before an angle can be cut into the lugs and the back side of the ring is carved out.  The longer 3rd lug will become a tab that slides into a slot cut in the buckets (just like OEM). 

The price is still $250 plus shipping (full set - 2 Large & 2 Small) for anyone that's still seriously interested. 

I'm not selling these parts and I'm actually the first customer.  In order to make the project as attractive as possible for Jeff (his time and material plus a little profit) I'm trying to help build some orders for him.  He's making five sets to start with of which three are already sold. 

Next project could be a machined Reventon gas cap and filler system (with filler tube).

Chris
A Reventon gas cap and filler system (with filler tube) would be awesome. Where could I find dimensional drawings/ CAD files?
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 06:08:48 AM »
Got a set on order , totally looking forward to them - in Cincinatti at the moment ! , so a transatlantic crossing yet  :drool
Oooh , Red leather.

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »
I got my rings today.  I was trying to decide between another set of plastic ones or these aluminum ones.  They weren't cheap, but boy are they nice!  They might actually be cheap when taking into account the labor and the machining.  If they are ever offered again I can give my full satisfaction for anyone considering them.

Dratts, I second that!  I tried to work with my original set.  Didn't go well.  I bought another set and made those look OK.  But I still didn't like them.  I just got my set in as well.   They really are amazing pieces.  If they should ever produce some more....I would highly recommend them to anyone.  The detail is so crisp and the lines are sharp.  I am 100% satisfied with them.  Really great work Jeff.  Thank you so much!

Mitch
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

dratts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »
I got my rings today.  I was trying to decide between another set of plastic ones or these aluminum ones.  They weren't cheap, but boy are they nice!  They might actually be cheap when taking into account the labor and the machining.  If they are ever offered again I can give my full satisfaction for anyone considering them.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 05:31:25 PM »
Yep.. I smashed my thumb with a hammer the week before.  It's back to normal now and I'm using softer hammers.   ::counfused

Chris

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 08:20:27 AM »
This is on my list of things to get in the next month  ::beers they look great... As stated above the thumb could use a little help  ::counfused

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 03:40:09 AM »
The tab idea worked out nice. Though the thumb is looking a little rough in the last pic  ::counfused lol

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 08:37:16 PM »
http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=637.msg6859;topicseen#msg6859

The small rings are done and now it's onto the larger rings.

Chris

Murci-Me

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 08:40:47 PM »
Hey brother. I need help with buckets.  I need to locate me a pair. Please help.

I have the one set here for my car but I don't have the fiber glass skills needed to pull a set.  We have a place in town that specializes in Carbon Fiber and I thought about taking them to him and asking what a set would cost (wouldn't that look awesome?). 

I would post something on the parts wanted section and see if someone can pull some for you.

Chris
Send them to me, i'll make moulds for you N/C.

Murci-Me

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 08:39:15 PM »
You need to ask him if he would be interested in milling AR15 lower recievers. Its totally legal, as long as he only mills them to 80%. Right now (if you can find them) they are going for around $160 each, with waiting lists till September 2013!

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 08:36:38 PM »
Hey brother. I need help with buckets.  I need to locate me a pair. Please help.

I have the one set here for my car but I don't have the fiber glass skills needed to pull a set.  We have a place in town that specializes in Carbon Fiber and I thought about taking them to him and asking what a set would cost (wouldn't that look awesome?). 

I would post something on the parts wanted section and see if someone can pull some for you.

Chris

Onewickedsvt

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 08:30:58 PM »

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »
"I see" said the blind man, as he picked up a hammer and saw........!
OK, Just making sure  ::wave

Yep.. for the five hours that I watched him set up and start these (he had several other hours invested in the program) I sat there with my head tilted to one side and had a glazed look on my face.  I've learned just how much thought and planning that goes into a part like this and was a bit surprised by the number of steps, tool changes and fixture work that has gone into them.  I'm sure he'll have some totally done soon and we can compare the originals to his. 

He's using my buckets which fit your lenses so everything should be about the same for everyone wanting to use them.  He also measured my projectors but left a little bit of tolerance for other sized projectors or light sets. 

My goal at the end of all this is to publish a parts list for everything needed to build a nice quality set of headlights.

Chris

Murci-Me

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 08:09:19 PM »
"I see" said the blind man, as he picked up a hammer and saw........!
OK, Just making sure  ::wave