Author Topic: Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals - May 18 - 20, 2012  (Read 3742 times)

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals - May 18 - 20, 2012
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 10:03:46 PM »
Just a short video.  How many of you guys can stand up in your build???  Here is "EX jr. (Weston)"   I guess he's the next gen Lambo builder!!!  Sign him up and get him a forum nickname.  I'm glad that EX brought his family to the show.  It makes the day complete.  Thanks Jason.

Jim

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 11:23:24 AM »
It looked like a great time Jim and I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.  :)

I'll get there eventually and hopefully it'll be with my car.  Thanks for sharing the pictures and information and let's try to increase the attendance numbers for next year.

Chris

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 09:56:17 AM »
        Carlisle 2012.  Buckle your seat belts.  Here we go!  A really great show this year.  The weather was awesome!!!  I can't thank God enough.  We had two Replicas at the show.  Jimbo drove his Diablo Coupe to the show (he lives in PA).  His car is AWESOME with its knee-deep custom purple paint job.  It is one beautiful car.  EX trailered his Diablo Roadster to the show from Ohio.  His car is also AWESOME with a deep dark purple paint finish.  It looks black at a distance but it isn't.  Excellent work has been accomplished on both of these top of the line builds.  When they both opened up their doors, the people literally flocked around both cars.  Hundreds of questions followed.  Many thought that the cars were OEM.  Following is some pictures of "the forum guys", Jimbo's car, and EX's car.  RT and Seafoodlover have both of their cars near completion but they will both be at Carlisle next year we hope.  I hope to see more of you members next year if you can make the trip.  Enjoy the pics for now. 
Jim

Jimbo, Jay, RT, 01Lambiero, (gotta be Seafoodlover's brother ???), Seafoodlover, and EX (EX missed the group picture as he was viewing the show with his family).  EX appears in the following photos.  Others were not available at picture time (forum names only).  Please reply with your forum name so that I can id everyone in the picture, thanks.

Here is Jimbo's beautiful Diablo Coupe.  (IFG body)  I can't say enough about this build.  I think I heard a birdy say something about a supercharged 3800 for next year.  Can't wait!

Here is EX's beautiful Diablo Roadster.  (DnR body) Just gorgeous.  Corvette LT-1 powerplant.

Here is EX (on the left) Looking at Wayne's pictures on his phone along with Seth.  Wayne & Seth should have their builds here next year.

Additional Pictures from Carlisle can be viewed at this link.
http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab295/lambeiro/Carlisle%20Show%202012/

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:01:48 PM by 01Lambiero »
Retired

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »
Hurry up RT.  I just turned 68 and my doctor says I've only got 34 more years at best.  ;-)

Jim

;D

Chris

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
Hurry up RT.  I just turned 68 and my doctor says I've only got 34 more years at best.  ;-)

Jim
Retired

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 10:20:57 PM »
While I will be at this year's Carlisle show on Saturday, my car will not.  It is presently in lots of pieces as I work on finishing all the little parts and sub-assemblies and get the body ready for paint.
The body work and paint will take a lot longer than anticipated with delays along the way.  Anyway, now is not the time to rush anything.  So I am back to my standard response to when my car will be done: "Only one year left to go!"
I hope to see everyone there and look forward to a group picture.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 09:10:35 PM »
Here are my "OLD" pictures of just a few of the kit cars and Replica Clones that attended the Carlisle, Pa. Kit Car Show in 2011.

http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab295/lambeiro/Carlisle%202011/

Jim
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:57:17 AM by 01Lambiero »
Retired

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:34:21 PM »
Carlisle Kit Car Show is coming up fast.  May 18, 19, & 20th, 2012.  I don't feel that the "3-day discount" is worth it as there is practically nothing to see there on Sunday.  Come up to "OUR" area, introduce yourself and get acquainted with fellow builders.  Make some new friends and ask questions that you need to know to help with your build.  We will try to get a group picture on Friday, the 18th @ 3:00pm and on Sat., the 19th @ 3:00pm.   01Lambiero "Jim"

Retired

No Bull

• Administrator
Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals - May 18 - 20, 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 03:10:05 PM »
The Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals showcases euro-classics to import sports cars and attracts all genres of attendees. Coupled with the largest kit car gathering in the nation, this event provides spectators with a multitude of activities for car clubs and families alike. You don't want to miss the 2012 Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals, May 18-20. Aside from a showfield filled with a great mix of imported marques, this event has become the top U.S. showcase for kit and replicar manufacturers and dealers.

Gate-N-Go: Your Green Light to the Showfield
Don’t forget, to save time, money and hassle, you must pre-register before April 16th, 2012. By doing so, we’ll mail you your entry window sticker and all the information you need to know once you’re parked, like where to get your goody bag, dash card, etc. Pre-registration discount ends April 16th and all registration fees will increase by $10.

No "For Sale" signs on showfield. If you would like to sell your vehicle, please call 717-243-7855 to reserve a corral space.

Limited Availability: If you require trailer parking or are planning to camp, be sure to reserve your spaces early! Pre-registration for camping and trailer parking is offered to only pre-registered participants of the showfield.

http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=23
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:05:45 PM by No Bull »