Poll

Does anyone still need an HVAC controller?

I do!
13 (76.5%)
Already have one, thanks!
3 (17.6%)
Too Expensive ye bastard!  ;)
0 (0%)
Going with something else...
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Modified OEM HVAC controller - Murcielago / Diablo  (Read 3645 times)

MidlifeCrisis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Modified OEM HVAC controller - Murcielago / Diablo
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 08:14:09 PM »
I need one for a '87 Fiero HVAC. Hey, Riceburner...do you have any of those? How much are they? I'm not in a big hurry, but need to plan if you no longer make them. By the way, Hello everyone ::wave. Just joined the site! I'm building a 99 Diablo VT, but...turn the roadster into a coupe, modding the rear bumper, rear lights, changing the roof. Going for a full-on custom. Its too cold in Colo. + the afternoon rainstorms in summer for the roadster. I love the look of your controller...even if is a bit 6.0 .. Murcie-like! :)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 12:52:51 PM »
I need one for a Vintage Air installation. 

Waiting for Riceburner to write back.   ::toothy

Chris

pkovgolf

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-2
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »
How much would you sell you adaptor  (cables/etc) set up for (for those that have the hvac controller already? (or did you have to.mod.the.original.unit itself?)
Thank you!

jb1

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 01:52:34 AM »
keep up great work,  post pics  of new model and  differences...

Riceburner98

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »
LOL!   We spent around $1,000 on an "organic foam" bed last year (I really wanted the Tempurpedic for that $$$, but the wife hates anything that outgasses noxious fumes as much as they do... Wonder why she keeps me!  :D ), can't say I've slept very well on it...    Her parents actually bought a sleep number bed, unfortunately they hate the thing...  I think the air bladders have given out or flattened or something on it..  They're not small people though, that might have something to do with it. 

Thanks for the good words guys!   I'm definitely not discontinuing them, as I've replied to a few guys who sent me messages - if anything I'll probably just order smaller amounts of things..   I just don't want to get stuck with 50 or 60 units, ya know..?   The Hot Rod market is something I was going to look at, though I'd probably need to re-shape the panel for them..  Maybe not though?  Considering they usually use a bunch of billet and have a different look than Lambo interiors.. Maybe I'm just used to seeing these in Lambos, and they might look fine in a different dash as-is.. 

Vintage Air as far as I've seen only offers controls with levers or knobs, but Dakota Digital actually makes an electronic controller for the systems.  It even does "auto" climate control and is cheaper than mine too! (they probably build 100's or 1000's at a time, instead of 10's..)   Unfortunately I (personally) think it looks like polished cow droppings.   ( http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=475/prd475.htm )

I'm a fan of their digital gauges, and I guess this would match if you had them, but eek.. Something about it I just don't like.

Hoping to power up the first of the "new" units today, can't wait. :)

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »
Yea I wanted a replica unit too but I'm no where near doing the interior so I was going to wait.

Im no where needing one either but if he is contemplating on discontinuing production youll never find a nicer unit for the money...

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 11:13:53 AM »
Yea I wanted a replica unit too but I'm no where near doing the interior so I was going to wait.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:47:48 AM »
I'm not interested in the OE unit... As stated above your work is top notch and I will be purchasing from you prob the beginning or middle of next month hopefully you will still be making the units! I beleive your unit is better then the OEM unit and the best part is "you make it" so if there is a problem, replacement parts can be purchased from you. You have a great track record with all of the replica builders, I beleive builds are just slowing down may be a reason for slow sales and the push for more OEM parts and big motors...

jb1

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 09:40:14 PM »
 You work is top notch, and hope you continue to make these....  maybe you could market towards the  hot rod builders as well  that are running vintage air.. Not really looked into Vintage air products but what type of  controllers do they offer  over the simple  chrome 3 knob  controller ( only one I have seen)   do they offer a   lcd  climate control?

Riceburner98

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 01:56:49 PM »
No takers in all of eBay or the forums..  150+ views and 12 people "watching" the auction..  Color me surprised...

I figured it would go for at least the $650; less than I paid for it not even counting the modifications..     

Has the building pool become saturated now; is it worth building any more of the replica panels?   The new ones are going to have to go for $600 due to the new parts / upgrades / needing to make more than $2 an hour on them; if an OEM one doesn't even fetch $650 I don't see much point making the replicas..   :-[   I've got enough parts to make 10 of these "new" ones, along with the 4 "current" ones I have left, after that I have to sink a considerable amount of $$ into buying more housings to continue.   

Is anyone still waiting for one of these things?  I have a lot of people that needed "a few more weeks" to get the $$ together, but I haven't heard from most of them in over a year.   I admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to keeping up / in touch with folks though, so I hope I didn't lose anyone for that reason..  I really wish I could do them cheaper (for lots of reasons, including selling to Fiero owners who don't like to spend $$, myself included!) but they just cost too much $ and time to make in low volume..

Anyway... Back to soldering.  :)

Riceburner98

Modified OEM HVAC controller - Murcielago / Diablo
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 01:43:05 PM »
I had this for sale before, but got no bites..  Finally decided to throw it up on eBay and figured I'd see if anyone here wanted it too..   For anyone here or on the other forums, as long as nobody's bid I'll end the auction for $1,000...  :)  Expensive, I know..  But they are $1,600+ new, without the Vintage Air board..   Trying to raise some $$ so I can buy more parts to make the replica panels.. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150810681013?item=150810681013&viewitem=&vxp=mtr
\