Author Topic: possible new instrument cluster for the anvetador  (Read 8764 times)

Xyberz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: possible new instrument cluster for the anvetador
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 06:25:42 PM »
Okay, I am going to ask this because no one else is, but i am sure they are curious.
Who are you? where did you come from? Whats your story?

Totally understandable.   I'm only new to this forum and my username has been the same everywhere I go for over 10 years.  I've been posting and interested in kit cars for over 5 years now and have only participated in posts but nothing physical as of yet.  I know skepticism in the kit car runs high from all of the people who have been ripped off by scam artists.   I've been here for a while and will continue to be so forever.

My LCD instrument panel idea didn't come from my interest in kit cars originally. Im just a car enthusiast.   If you search my username, you'll see posts probably as early as the day I started using it.  Also I believe there is no one else that's ever used my username before so it should be safe to say all posts related to my username is actually me    ;)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 06:23:36 PM »
Hahaha. Don't sugar-coat it Digibeam. You are very to-the-point. :D
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 05:24:00 PM »
Okay, I am going to ask this because no one else is, but i am sure they are curious.
Who are you? where did you come from? Whats your story?

Xyberz

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 04:21:53 PM »
Awesome news for anyone who's following this thread and/or actually interested in having a full LCD display for the instrument panel.

I found a hardware supplier for the required components to make this a reality and no longer just a dream.  I just need to source a LCD supplier to get the right sized LCD.  This will be a little trial and error here considering not everyone's requirements will be the same.  Keep tuned kiddies!  If all goes well, I'd like to start working on a video for the crowd funding project.    ::rocker

Xyberz

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 12:08:01 AM »
I'm currently in contact with both the hardware supplier and software programmer in order to bring to market a fully customizable TFT LCD instrument display as you may have seen in some of those YouTube videos.  It's been years since some of those videos have been out and yet nothing has been released to the public.

Depending on how quickly things can go, I'm looking to have a working prototype go on display at the upcoming SEMA show I believe in October.

There will be 2 models to start, one basic with all the required information with a little flair that's for the customer's brand vehicle and the second will be a high end unit that has all the bells and whistles for display and graphics.  We're looking to hopefully come up with some very easy to learn and design software that will allow almost anyone with average computer skills to design their own graphics and what not on their own system.

This should be a pretty big product considering how many people have tried to do this on their own and have somewhat succeeded but obviously it's for their own personal use.  The kit car market should be pretty decent but I believe that the custom/restoration market will be huge.  Analog meters are so outdated and there's no reason why all car's can't have a digital LCD display with full graphics.  If all goes well, we can all have the ability to install our own.

I saw the previous post above about the system costing well over $10k.  Our goal will be at about $1k or so.  The price would be exceptionally reasonable especially considering the type of vehicles that people are trying to reproduce here.

Eventually there will be a crowdfunding event once everything is confirmed and ready to start the prototype.  So keep your eyes peeled because this will become a reality finally!   ::headbang

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 01:36:26 AM »
Full Digital OLED clusters

OLED digital instrument cluster    OLED digital instrument cluster
These are super sweet!

Equipped with one 7 inch, and 2 x 4.3 inch TFT or OLED displays.
    Black tinted cluster glass.
    All functions and warning lights from the original cluster will still be available
    Unlimited amount off graphic designs (also custom made)
    KM/Mileage counter will not be interrupted. All cluster settings will be maintained.
    Digital cluster menu can be operated with the original boardcomputer switch (on the left side from the steering wheel)
    If the car has an original Navigation system, the navigation information can be displayed in the instrument cluster, on most graphic designs. (for this, the cluster is connected to the car’s MOST system)
    The cluster has two video input connectors, for connecting (rear view) camera, night vision system, dvd player, gamecomputer or TV.
    We offer an optional affordable rear view camera
    We offer an optional affordable night vision system.

ACtronics has developed a full digital (OLED) instrument cluster, for the aftermarket, that soon will go into production.
The first clusters we are working on, is for the BMW 5-serie (E60,E61,E62), 6-series(E63 , E64), X5 (E70), and X6(E71). The instrument cluster will be sold with expensive OLED displays, or with more cheaper TFT displays.

If you are interested in our digital instrument cluster, then please fill in your details here, and we will inform you as soon as the product has it’s final release.

ACtronics will also develop some digital instrument clusters for other car models soon. If you are interested in the full digital instrument cluster for a different application, please fill in your details here, so we can keep you informed about the progress for your car model, and use these request to decide which models to give a priority.

All functions and warning lights from the original cluster will still be available
    KM/Mileage counter will not be interrupted. All cluster settings will be maintained.
    Digital cluster menu can be operated with the original boardcomputer switch (on the left side from the steering wheel)
    If the car has an original Navigation system, the navigation information can be displayed in the instrument cluster, on most graphic designs. (for this, the cluster is connected to the car’s MOST system)
    The cluster has two video input connectors, for connecting (rear view) camera, night vision system, dvd player, gamecomputer or TV.

ACtronics has developed a full digital (OLED) instrument cluster, for the aftermarket, that soon will go into production.
The first clusters we are working on, is for the BMW 5-serie (E60,E61,E62), 6-series(E63 , E64), X5 (E70), and X6(E71). The instrument cluster will be sold with expensive OLED displays, or with more cheaper TFT displays.

If you are interested in our digital instrument cluster, then please fill in your details here, and we will inform you as soon as the product has it’s final release.

ACtronics will also develop some digital instrument clusters for other car models soon. If you are interested in the full digital instrument cluster for a different application, please fill in your details here, so we can keep you informed about the progress for your car model, and use these request to decide which models to give a priority.
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

gtxpi

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 10:33:11 AM »
any news or up dates on this ????????

mogoes49

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 12:42:59 AM »

mogoes49

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:03:05 PM »
well i did do some research with this cluster for our builds.i have good news and bad news :-[
good news is they can build it for us and make how ever you want it.
bad news is the price to have this done price starts at $15-150k depending on what you want the company that actually makes and does the programing for them is open synergy nvida only makes the comp for the cluster and head unit. im trying to go back and forth with him on the price to get the minimum on the cluster all i want is it to be digital i don't need all the extra crap oh tho it would be nice but im not rich and not for that price so ill see what he says but thought i would give you guys a update on that if you were ever interested in something like this. cost to be the boss playa if any thing changes or i find out any thing that i can help us with ill update it 

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 03:41:24 AM »
very nice i want one or two

mogoes49

possible new instrument cluster for the anvetador
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 12:52:07 AM »
hey thought this might help on the avent builds this is probably the closet we can get to a real avent cluster from nvida they are custom made and they have different skins. heres two demo vids enjoy

nVidia Automotive LCD Dash

CES 2013: NVIDIA Automotive

this one is by digital aria

Automotive Dashboard GUI Demo