For Sale / Wanted > Original Parts Wanted

Bierhanzel's Murci headlight Glass

(1/9) > >>

BigPines:
Thanks bierhanzel. I understand we don't speak each other's language and the translators aren't very good. When you think about it, it is really amazing that we can communicate at all! Thank you for making the effort. I will be interested to hear what you are able to come up with on new lenses.

Last I heard you had two left lenses or something and were missing a right. Do you still have one extra lens you would like to sell? If so, I may be interested in it.

bierhanzel:
Hello. My problem is actually in the the translator. However, I expressed what I might like. English words are totally foreign to me. The Czech language has many words and expressions, or we have many words for the matter concerned :-) If anyone of you controls the Czech or German language can carry conversation in that direction :-D

Mentioned glass from Ebay-France are also purchased from me. :-) a small world

Price 21,000 usd is really ridiculous. We try to arrange the production of cheaper forms. It's not easy to make a say. Too big plane and must shiny. So it is a huge need for a two-part piece polished stainless steel molds! Therefore, we try to make a style lying down. But then again, nobody can guarantee you that the first attempt will be good. -)

BigPines:
Yes is very unfortunate.  :( What material were you using to mold them?

Your glass looks different than the glass in my pic three. I am starting to think the pics I found are in fact not glass sold by bierhanzel.

Tallon:
That sucks! I got blobs of epoxy on mine while making sides for my buckets but luckily it came off with some effort
Even pried with much force getting the buckets off, no break

Digibeam:
I bought one of the very first sets of headlight glass from bierhanzel, they are as real as i can find compared to any OEM lamp i have looked at.

they are a strange glass though, i am thinking they are not tempered in any way, as when i made moulds of the glass, areas that had exposure stuck to my material and when i separated them the glass flaked off...  so, not borosilicate and not tempered, they also have cold flow patterns in them suggesting temperature issues when pressed... as they also have seams along the edges...
i would suggest injection moulding of UV protected poly carbonate...  i have also been looking into this, but until i have a new part in my hand i will continue searching.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version