Author Topic: Uh-oh Murci-Me, Looks Like You Have Some Competition...  (Read 6043 times)

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
Re: Uh-oh Murci-Me, Looks Like You Have Some Competition...
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 08:38:25 PM »
I guess part of the problem too is turning what's suppose to be a hobby your profession. This is probably why Jackie from Car Kit Inc does all of these other side business dealings along with making & selling kits. The problem with making parts the way John does, it's soooooo time consuming. It would be nearly impossible to make & sell parts while holding a real job. One would have to choose between either or.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:41:56 PM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso

LamboJayso

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 08:16:06 PM »
Yes, his health, age, and also the lack of income generated from making parts. Hence, mainly dealing with time wasters/tire kickers/window shoppers. It's disheartening to field phone calls & emails like a telemarketer over & over only for nothing to come from it. These were the 3 main reasons he told me directly from his mouth when I spent time with him back in November.

Now, if the money were sweet from making parts and selling it. I would bet you my bottom dollar John wouldn't be leaving the kit car world even considering his health and age. John's not retiring completely, he just going to focus his attention in another field that generates more income.

Chris, thanks for your business advice but I feel I can make business decisions on my own.
-Jayso

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 07:43:30 PM »
Lol too bad Johns not making bodies anymore. I guess he's had enough of the kit car groupies always disappointing him and I don't blame him.

It funny that you keep saying this Jay when I've never heard John say another about "kit car groupies" bothering him.  John has clearly stated that his health and age is the reason he's considering giving up making the larger parts and he's been at this industry longer than anyone I know. 

If the groupies and "window shoppers" bother you so much, now might be the time for you to reconsider getting too involved in this industry.  In any business, you'll always have a small percentage of those who inquire about items actually commit to a purchase and this always differs on what you are selling (simple demand) and the cost.  Because fraud occurs so often in this hobby, if you don't have inventory, references or actual possession of molds to make parts, it's only natural that potential buyers would be weary of trusting anyone with thousands of dollars even if you have the best intentions of being an honest supplier, which I'm sure you do.  8)

Chris

LamboJayso

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 12:58:22 AM »
Lol too bad Johns not making bodies anymore. I guess he's had enough of the kit car groupies always disappointing him and I don't blame him.
-Jayso

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 11:55:50 PM »
Maybe Jayso gets a small commission for the customers he gets to buy a body from John (?)
Theres nothing wrong with that, and more power to him! 

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 10:37:30 PM »
Wonder if my replica will pull this
You will definitely have the ponies to do it, all you need to do is add a hitch :P

LamboJayso

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 06:55:46 PM »
not a g28 but still the best I've seen..

Oh wow that interior is super nice and probably the best example I've seen too.
-Jayso

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »
not a g28 but still the best I've seen..

on a custom chassis too
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 04:10:10 PM by Tᴀʟʟᴏɴ »

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 06:51:06 AM »
::scratch so are you bashing Murci-Me, G28's, the car builder or is this just a poor sales pitch for Watson's bodies? Or all of the above?

I disagree that the video represents a car "as good as it gets", but it looks pretty darn good to me.

Agreed the orange car looks great and any of us would be proud to own it (except Murcie me, his is still better )

As far as the sales pitch , jayso you don't even own Watsons bodies to sell and you dance around the issue . Watson has the molds and still owes many people parts before he is going to sell the molds , and he has not even committed to selling them to you

So right now you Are simply a reseller of the Watson body and you have never delivered a body to anyone who has posted here, so if a customer wanted a Watson body I don't understand why they would t just go to Watson. He still has the molds , not you

Exactly.

LamboJayso

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 06:18:16 AM »
I wonder what kind of door gaskets are used on the orange car at 7:23 in the video.
Does it have side windows or outer door handles?
Good observation, the door gaskets aren't complete that's why you can see through to the outside next to the windshield. Plus, the missing door windows. Which means you can never drive the car in the rain or ever get caught one. I guess his strategy was to not put any door glass so you could just reach in and open it from the inside handle.
-Jayso

jdinner

• Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 06:09:22 AM »
I wonder what kind of door gaskets are used on the orange car at 7:23 in the video.
Does it have side windows or outer door handles?

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 01:51:54 AM »
::scratch so are you bashing Murci-Me, G28's, the car builder or is this just a poor sales pitch for Watson's bodies? Or all of the above?

I disagree that the video represents a car "as good as it gets", but it looks pretty darn good to me.

Agreed the orange car looks great and any of us would be proud to own it (except Murcie me, his is still better )

As far as the sales pitch , jayso you don't even own Watsons bodies to sell and you dance around the issue . Watson has the molds and still owes many people parts before he is going to sell the molds , and he has not even committed to selling them to you

So right now you Are simply a reseller of the Watson body and you have never delivered a body to anyone who has posted here, so if a customer wanted a Watson body I don't understand why they would t just go to Watson. He still has the molds , not you

jamack

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 11:45:11 PM »
What's a 182? just curious...

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 11:25:26 PM »
Has a little hp

And I just lost my ranking as the only convertible between the four of us.   ::counfused

I'll settle for second place.

Chris

jamack

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 11:22:08 PM »
Has a little hp