Author Topic: Lambo Miura and 246 Ferrari Dino replicas for sale  (Read 2986 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: Lambo Miura and 246 Ferrari Dino replicas for sale
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 11:11:26 AM »
I remember the build diary on the Miura and that car is absolutely awesome.

Worth every cent of $100k if someone was looking for one.

Chris

Linlor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
Re: Lambo Miura and 246 Ferrari Dino replicas for sale
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:37:23 AM »
I received word back from Archie to post the details and asking price.

246 Dino
Probably around the $25k mark is a realistic number according to Archie. Details of his email reply to me below.

Miura
The owner had about $140k into the Miura build and Archie says the family will probably take around the $100k mark. I asked about maybe the Barrett-Jackson auction for the Miura as it might go for that much up on the block....

Cheers
Don

Details from Archie on the 246 Dino.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
We were building this car for Jim Buell out of San Antonio. We had built an Miura for him several years ago with an LS3 & a 6 speed. This car was going to be his "Track Car" That he was going to use as his hot rod locally. He was about 72 years old but was a car guy inside & out.

He wanted this car to be a little less initial torque & higher RPM than his LS3 car was. He found an article in Hot Rod Magazine about an engine that was making 1000+ HP with twin turbos.
Stock GM LS Engine - Big Bang Theory - Hot Rod Magazine
He had this engine built by a LSx performance shop in San Antonio & shipped to me from there. The engine had all new internals with a seasoned 5.3 block & was modeled after the engine in the Hot Rod article.

The plan was to put the engine in here & drive it enough that we knew the engine, cooling system etc. was ok. Then, when he got it home the engine shop was going to tune it to run N/A. Jim would then drive it a while & decide when (or if) he needed a Turbo or 2 put on the car. The shop that had built the engine was experienced with Turbos on LS engines.

So, you ask if it runs & drives..... yes it does. However, the ECM is throwing a few codes for items like surge relays & stuff like that. These codes were going to be tuned out or shut off as needed when the car went home to TX. So, I wouldn't be afraid to drive it around (which we have) But I'd rather see it go on a dyno & get tuned before someone takes it for a long drive.

We have driven this car about 15 miles & I never thought I'd say this but it feels more powerful than an LS3 & it sounds great.

Detail items........ Jim had sent us a steering wheel for the car & outside mirrors & front side marker lights, we just put all of those on today. I'm pretty sure that detail items yet to install. I did make a grill for the car but it's not installed yet. Also Jim had sent me all of the Dino emblems for the car & they are not installed.

The build for this car was going to be similar to what we did when we built the Miura for him. We were supposed to install the engine & the 6 speed (cyro treated) transmission. Suspension & brakes & get it all running & everything working. Then when Jim got it back in TX, he was going to get the interior upholstered & get it painted & buy the wheels he wanted to use.

As you can guess, that means that the wheels haven't been selected or purchased yet.

The interior is built in such a way that it can easily be disassembled for upholstery & the same with the body, it can easily be removed for painting.

Asking price is hard to say. His 2 daughters & their families are NOT car people & they have no interest in keeping his cars. On this car, between engine, transmission, powdercoating etc., Jim has over $45K invested. BUT I also told them that they will never get near that kind of money for it. BTW, this is a car that Jim wanted built so he could enjoy it, it wasn't built to be resold. Thus the difference between what he spent & what it could sell for. I think that a fair price would be in the $25K range.

Linlor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
Lambo Miura and 246 Ferrari Dino replicas for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:47:27 AM »
I saw over on Pennock's that the 246 Dino V8Archie was building for Jim Buell is now for sale.  Jim passed away in August 2013 and the family has asked Archie to sell the car for them.  Archie also built an incredible Lambo Miura replica for Jim over the past several years.

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090962-4.html

I also talked to Archie and got more info about the 246 from him and the price.  It is not a steal but very reasonably priced compared to what the owner had in it.  I have asked Archie if I can post his more detailed explanation of the 246 on these other replica sites so waiting for that approval before I post more info.

I don't know the price nor the Muira.

Lambo Muira build link. 
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000003.html

Get a coffee or beer as these are quite the builds and threads to read.

You can contact V8Archie directly for either or both of the cars and I will post more if approved.

Cheers
Don