Author Topic: porsche build lp640 batwings  (Read 2483 times)

madmods

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: porsche build lp640 batwings
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 01:30:47 PM »
One lessoned learned- Don't use the 529T DEI controller. Use the 530T instead. The 529T does not stop the motors when they are at the end of their travel. The 530 does. The 529 does not offer one touch control. The 530 does.

Out went the 529
Keep dreaming-I'm sweating, glassing, welding and building every night!
Gagliardi Vendetta
Vetter Carrera Gt
Vetter Lp 640

Texas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
  • Lambo Mafia
Re: porsche build lp640 batwings
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 08:30:05 AM »
Good info.  ::study

madmods

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
porsche build lp640 batwings
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 12:06:55 AM »
My batwings are run from the Porsche oem wing motor and go up at 75mph, so they work backwards. The stock lambo oem batwings are made to vent hot air out at idle and low mph and go down at speed. My batwings are also non-functional as they don't vent air into the engine compartment, it's solid under them (at least for now, I'll mess with it later). My switch is in the footwell ( stock porsche position) and hard to activate. Some guys on the Porsche forum rigged this with an extra switch to the console tying into and extending the wires from the footwell which is basically a 5 wire window switch. I did this mod myself but unhappy with it. The ecm somehow limits the amount of times I can manually raise or lower the wing.

I recently wired a DEI 530T window controller to my windows. It's advantages are, it's a one touch botton (don't have to hold it down), when you arm your alarm it rows your windows up (or down if you want), it automatically shuts the motor down when your window stops moving and you can control your window with your remote. It was also very easy to wire and a great how to video on youtube.

So I thought this would be the way to go with the batwings. I will use a DEI 529T window controller. It automatically shuts the motor off when it senses the motor has stopped so need of any limit switch. When I arm the alarm I will wire it to go down, but you guys can do the opposite. I will also be able to raise or lower the wings with my remote control. Which will be cool because I have a long range alarm and if I'm having lunch and got people around my car I can mess with them. My motor is a 2 wire motor just like my windows.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:09:26 AM by madmods »
Keep dreaming-I'm sweating, glassing, welding and building every night!
Gagliardi Vendetta
Vetter Carrera Gt
Vetter Lp 640