Author Topic: G28 LP 67-0 REPLICA GLASS-LEXAN ENGIE COVER  (Read 8510 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: G28 LP 67-0 REPLICA GLASS-LEXAN ENGIE COVER
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2014, 07:58:31 PM »
Tallon,
   I do not think you need to apologize to anyone. The only thing you are guilty of is asking a fair question.  It was "Taken that way" by me as a very credible question and I used it to add credibility to my questions along the same lines. I did this only after seeing that our Moderator had also deemed it a "Valid question". Thought about sending this in a PM, but decided hat I wanted the Forum to see this. 

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2014, 06:21:01 PM »
no problem , my only point is the LAST POST OF THE AVENTADOR engine bay in the video, had it been shatter proof Margard lexan would not have broke ,everything is O K ,i like cnc cut lexan ,other like glass ,everyone have their own opinions and i respect that.
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 06:09:20 PM »
No worries man. I don't think anyone is upset. :)
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 05:53:06 PM »
Well I could hardly remember that but I think I would ask a question like that for education purposes not to put anyone down? Thought it was very odd that it would be taken that way especially years later lol

Since then I have purchased lexan louvers AND windows for very fair prices, not to say that I will use them after all but I have them.

I don't normally ask about something I'm not interested in buying but obviously when there are multiple people doing this it pays to shop around. I am aware now there are times when pming is appropriate however I had a lot of problems getting responses that way so it wasn't really a method of communication that was on my mind. I do apologize.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:00:58 PM by Tallon »

adifferentlook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 8
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 05:01:27 PM »
very well said, No Bull.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 02:11:13 PM »
The original post was nearly two years ago. That small tift is over. Water under the bridge.

That being said, I think IKR (and anyone else for that matter) should charge whatever they want. If we don't like it, we have other options. I personally don't think it sounds like he is gouging. I have seen replica parts that cost more than the same OEM part. We all have to buy what makes sense to us. It is really no big deal.

Could not agree more.  You either want it and are willing to pay the asking price or you should message the seller and try to work out a deal.  Complaining about the costs in a post can be taken as disrespectful.  Asking for someone to clarify what is included etc is fine and could be helpful to everyone when done respectively. 

You always have the option of buying from another seller, making it yourself or paying 100X more for an original part.   ;)

Chris

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 02:03:01 PM »
The original post was nearly two years ago. That small tift is over. Water under the bridge.

That being said, I think IKR (and anyone else for that matter) should charge whatever they want. If we don't like it, we have other options. I personally don't think it sounds like he is gouging. I have seen replica parts that cost more than the same OEM part. We all have to buy what makes sense to us. It is really no big deal.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 01:40:35 PM »
I absolutely refuse to comment in a thread where they couldn't even be bothered to spell the heading correctly............
...... oh ****
 ::tongue
Oooh , Red leather.

Digibeam

• Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 12:25:04 PM »
I don't know the price of lexan down there but up here it is far from cheap.
A 4x8 sheet 1/8"runs about $120.   Thicker just doubles the price.
The shape of the rear deck lens does not really allow for nesting so there will be a lot of waste material.
Cutting lexan beats a blade to death so a few may be needed, the edges will need to be dressed or sanded down then flamed.
If a contour is part of the design there will need to be a large surface arc made as we'll heat the entire lens in something large enough to contain the lexan and form it to said arc.
Package it up and ship.    Seems like a few hundred is hardly covering costs to me.

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 11:51:39 AM »
   My dog ain't in this fight, and I am not trying to fan the flames, but if a question of why they are priced higher than a window set is valid, then I feel that I have two more legit questions. If $255 including shipping is way too high, what should they be priced at and how was this new figure arrived at?

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 07:53:40 PM »
I'm integrating a small gun safe in my center console.  My Springfield XD will fit in there nicely and be at arms reach.   W:)

Chris

Digibeam

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »
It is fun, but its also a real world out there... you may be the safest driver in the world with the safest car... it does not mean joe blow crappy driver isn't going to play Murphys law on your tuesday afternoon.... all scenarios need to be thought about, even the ones we don't like to think about... that is the only way one can attempt to be prepared.
and the DOT make those rules for that reason.

adifferentlook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 8
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 06:36:40 PM »
all of this makes you want to stop building, this is suppose to be fun!

Digibeam

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »
I didnt understand a word they said... but someone broke the engine bonnet glass and the car had to be towed away because that made it stall in the middle of the road....
and then the police came and arrested the car for obstruction?
no idea... but for sure that would not happen with lexan...
problem is getting DOT to approve poly carbonate in vehicles, it isnt about breaking its the toxicity if the car goes on fire and as well if someone is trapped good luck getting them out by breaking the window.  presently the Gallardo rear quarter windows are polycarbonate but that was approved only after it was shown a person could not be rescued through that quarter window...  just posting some info... :)

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 12:54:05 PM »
This is the reason i like Mar Resistant Lexan over glass .... plus its  lite weight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjLcILDDpis

MarGard   ...extra cost ,cut on a cnc machine ,not a jigsaw/hacksaw & or blade .then the edges was bull nosed = rounded off smooth by hand ...this explain my cost ,last its shatter proof
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:23:28 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.