Author Topic: G28 LP 67-0 REPLICA GLASS-LEXAN ENGIE COVER  (Read 8520 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: G28 LP 67-0 REPLICA GLASS-LEXAN ENGIE COVER
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 04:38:10 PM »
I'm just wondering why a window set costs much less

Please work this with the seller in PM.

I think it's a valid question as a potential customer but might be taken the wrong way by others or if you have no intentions of buying one.

Thanks,

Chris

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 12:41:55 PM »
I'm just wondering why a window set costs much less
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:55:58 PM by Tallon »

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »
however they can be taken out of context or provide a basis for others to wage a comment war on that person or drive business in another direction which is wrong. 

::thumbup

we WILL SEE WHAT THEY THINK WHEN THEY GET THE CHEAPER PRICE AN ITS A STRAIGHT CUT AN SQUARE an fit an finish is not smooth an rounded off like real glass ,.....you get what you pay for ....~  ::help ::counfused ::duh :'( :(
Chris     

SHOULD ... I ... REMOVE THE POST ,PICTURES AN WHAT EVER ELSE IS STARTING PROBLEMS ..BY ME...ON YOUR FORUM ,

tired of people posting behind every thread i start with the same old BS , an look his loyal followers has to be negative to ...reason so he will sell parts to them ..part of the deal ,so watch guys if the Master post ,then the servant post right behind him ...just keep your eyes open >:(  i do not have a GOD like complex , i do not want all the credit in the entire KIT CAR world ,i am a hobbiest an make a few parts to sell to fund my other kit car projects ,just being HONEST , i do not want everyone looking up to me an or bragging on me ,i don,t need it  ::headbang  OPTIONS is what i want ,a secondary source for things !!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:31:56 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 09:11:10 AM »
I'm not fully understanding whats going on with in post. It seems like IKR is offering a set of Lexan engine covers for a certain price and some of you guys are putting down the shape and price? Is that whats going on? I was offered a set of side windows from Mercie-Me for a price and shipping cost which I agreed to. Then a set of glass engine covers which he was going to give me a price on which I am still waiting for. I have PM Merci-Me numerous times and have got no response. So I'm guessing he doesnt want to sell them to me? Which is fine, I'll survive. But then I see him dogging IKR on his Lexan and price. I don't feel IKR has to justify his parts of price. Its great to see another option and if you want to buy them great. If you are trying to criticism his parts and price go back to MM. I am so new to this Lambo building thing I don't understand the politics thats going on. But I have been building cars for a while. The more parts available the better. I'm just trying to build my car....batbuilder

Guys, let's keep this simple, when someone offers and quotes a price for a part that you believe is too expensive, you reserve the right to decline and not purchase it.  You can contact the seller over PM and if you can bring them down on the price privately and make a deal, awesome. 

I fundamentally believe that the comments made about the quality of a part are made to benefit other buyers, however they can be taken out of context or provide a basis for others to wage a comment war on that person or drive business in another direction which is wrong. 

We are all entitled to our opinions and please remember that there are those that can be just as sensitive about comments as there are those who can become ruthless and intend harm (I haven't seen either extreme on this site yet... THANK GOD!  ::toothy

We have the buyer / seller rating system in place so let's give it a try and let the opinions of buyers and sellers be based on actual transactions "weed out" anyone that is not delivering on what they are committing to.  I would expect that any negative comment on a part be backed by a purchase and personal experience with that part and any concerns with mistakes or misleading advertising sent to the seller first via PM (give them a chance to realize their mistake) and if not resolved, send them to me and I'll take this up with the seller and request for those corrections to be made or make them myself.

Everyone please remember that this is a builders site and the buying / selling aspect is only part of the hobby.  I've seen the buying and selling or parts. projects and services ruin other sites.  If it comes down to it, I'm prepared to remove all buying and selling content from this site which would be a shame since it is a important part of the hobby.  I think that this original post and comments are pretty minor and it was the perfect opportunity to get this on the table and address it openly.

Thanks,

Chris     

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 07:54:34 AM »
I'm not fully understanding whats going on with in post. It seems like IKR is offering a set of Lexan engine covers for a certain price and some of you guys are putting down the shape and price? Is that whats going on? I was offered a set of side windows from Mercie-Me for a price and shipping cost which I agreed to. Then a set of glass engine covers which he was going to give me a price on which I am still waiting for. I have PM Merci-Me numerous times and have got no response. So I'm guessing he doesnt want to sell them to me? Which is fine, I'll survive. But then I see him dogging IKR on his Lexan and price. I don't feel IKR has to justify his parts of price. Its great to see another option and if you want to buy them great. If you are trying to criticism his parts and price go back to MM. I am so new to this Lambo building thing I don't understand the politics thats going on. But I have been building cars for a while. The more parts available the better. I'm just trying to build my car....batbuilder

SchulzeA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 12:55:54 AM »
Here it's $80 an hour for CNC mill time. It would take about 10 minutes to set up and 30 minutes cut time. Of course they will charge you a full hour, so $80 total.

italianknightrider

• IKR
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 12:32:20 AM »
Oem grills are made from a mold, an molds cost alot of money, an it's from Lamborghini, an CNC time don,t cost that much to cut your parts, an your right, if people want them,they should pay the price you ask,

how much does it cost me to cut my parts  ::scratch    another loyal ...servent... posting with the Master

Buy the cheaper sh** an you will see why i charge what i do for my pieces.... good luck with what ever you get, its your money.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:28:28 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

SchulzeA

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 12:16:59 AM »
Oem grills are made from a mold, an molds cost alot of money, an it's from Lamborghini, an CNC time don,t cost that much to cut your parts, an your right, if people want them,they should pay the price you ask,

italianknightrider

• IKR
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »
no .....they are the wrong shape for your car , is your only goal in life to follow my threads an comment  ::scratch  i saw a set, cut with a hack saw blade ,some cut with a disc an grinding wheel , what place on ebay cnc cut them an maybe Mr Man will post some templates for you
my time ,good material, an their cnc machine cost money , when you got those grills from the lambo dealer did you tell them its just plastic they are only worth 20.00 in plastic , their time ,materials an boxing an shippping ....NO you paid them ,its not a gun to any ones head ,its just a way to save time an finish their engine cover in one day compaired to spending 2 days finding materials , taking measurements , double checking an then cutting them out an installing them ,this route just install them an on to the next project of the build

this member was very happy with the results an save a lot of time

we should all begg for your parts they are better that the OEM ,AN WORTH WHAT EVER PRICE set by WHO   
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:10:09 AM by italianknightrider »

Murci-Me

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 03:04:13 PM »
Aren't they the wrong shape though? 255 (ouch)?

italianknightrider

• IKR
G28 LP 67-0 REPLICA GLASS-LEXAN ENGIE COVER
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »

2 pc. Mar resistant 1/4" ..... not 3/16 or 1/8 ..reg. lower cost grade lexan ...you get what you pay for !!
CNC CUT ..bull nosed edges (rounded edged /not straight flat cuts ) $255.00 shipped
aluminum mounting braces
instructions on mounting glass an permanent fixing

paypal to : italianknightrider@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:23:20 PM by italianknightrider »