Author Topic: wheel spacers/adapters  (Read 1167 times)

AsantiLP

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: wheel spacers/adapters
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 11:38:38 PM »
Thanks for reply...Well the company that I bought the adapter from sells adapters that are 7in in diameter so I think that might be why it would  hit the caliper...I will call the company from your link tomorrow and see what they say...thanks again I really appreciate it...still if anyone has examples of their fiero OEM brake set up with adapters and what you did to make it work please let me know...thanks

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »
Here is a pic of my front adapters but I upgraded to C-4 Corvette rotors & calipers.  If you are running the oem Fiero rotors then what you see will not apply.  I can't imagine an adapter that would hit the caliper though.  Maybe you could email these folks and ask the diameter of the adapter that you require.    http://adaptitusa.com/5x115to5x112wheeladapter.aspx
Sorry that I can't help more than that.

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

AsantiLP

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 04:23:35 PM »
It's for adapters.I only measured front of the car not the back.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 03:35:57 PM »
We are going to need more info.  Are you talking "Spacers" or "Adapters"?  Spacers have holes in them and adapters have holes and studs.  Are you going from the Fiero bolt pattern to the same bolt pattern?  Is your problem with the front or rear calipers?

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

AsantiLP

wheel spacers/adapters
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 02:58:41 PM »
Hello guys..I bought some spacers from ebay for my fiero thinking they will fit for sure when the owner messaged me asking if from the center of axle to brqke caliper is bigger than 3.5in and if not wheel adapters won't fit.I measured and it's less than 3.5 so i had to cancel my order.I guess the issue is wheel adapter would hit the brake caliper so i don't know what do to?Where did you guys order your adapters?These are 7inch in diameter so maybe that's why they won't fit.Do you know a place where i can buy the ones that fit or what is the solution to this problem?Thanks guys