Author Topic: Off-the-Shelf Parts for the Murcielago  (Read 23108 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Off-the-Shelf Parts for the Murcielago
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2013, 06:27:24 PM »
I got those Hella ballasts today and they are genuine. :) I ended up getting the pair for $27.98 shipped. Not bad at all.

These 35 watt Hella Gen 3 ballasts appear to be exactly like the Murci ballasts with the exception of the connectors on the end. Instead of D2S connectors, these have what looks like KET connectors. So my plan is to swap the connectors out. I am investigating how to hook up the new connectors correctly. If anyone happens to know, I would appreciate any info.

Dustin, I don't mean to hound you but if you could find time to attach those detailed pictures of the large projector, that would be great. You don't happen to have that amber lens or the other small light do you? I'd love to see some detailed pics of those to try to find suitable replacements. I know you are busy doing more important things (like finishing your car). :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:41:39 PM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

BigPines

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2013, 01:24:08 AM »
Thanks Eddie. Sounds like that may be an off-the-shelf part for the Diablo but from what I can tell, it isn't the same as the Murci. Maybe someone should start a thread similar to this one but for the Diablo?

This may sound like a dumb question but why is there only one ballast per light on these units if there are two projectors? It seems the small projector doesn't use a ballast (halogen?) and hooks directly to a relay?

Looking forward to those pics Dustin. :)

Edit: Beware, those Hella ballasts I linked to earlier may in fact be knock-offs. The connectors don't look correct on them.

Edit 2: After doing a lot of research, I think the ballasts are probably genuine but have some funky overseas KET connectors on them. I will open the ballasts to verify they are authentic. If all I have to do is put the D2S connectors on, I am fine with that. I'll let everyone know when the ones I ordered come in and I figure it out. If they are genuine, at $10 a piece they are a steal! :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:24:11 AM by BigPines »

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2013, 06:42:00 PM »
 BP, the Hella fogs are # INL 00890 that are use on Beemer E32.
 lenz dia 1.3/4 with housing 2"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:44:01 PM by eddie »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2013, 02:04:18 PM »
Good find, I just messaged him about combining shipping   ::beers

BigPines

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2013, 01:18:37 PM »
Guys, if you want some cheap OEM spec ballasts, I found a killer deal for $10 each! Hella Ballast Looks like he has a bunch of them. :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:20:14 PM by BigPines »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2013, 09:50:15 AM »
Thanks for the confirmation and the detailed OEM pics. Updated the first post.

Do you have any of the other parts of the OEM headlight? The other projector or the other lenses? I'd like to see detailed pics of those!

Yes I have the big one as well. Ill take some detailed pictures tonight. That big light is really complex, he has some sort of electric aperture like a camera that some how opens and closes, its really cool how it works but super hard to duplicate.

BigPines

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2013, 01:07:36 AM »
The Hella Micro DEs are for the small projector (some are using P1 instead). The Hella 9DR 151 333-02 from a '02 - '06 Audi A6 or BMW 5 Series is for the large projector (some are using P6 instead). Good luck!

pkovgolf

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-2
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2013, 12:58:18 AM »
Just awesome. THANK YOU!
I was looking for the P6 lights.  Are these actually the real P6 size ?
I am ordering these!

BigPines

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2013, 12:08:53 AM »
Yep same as OEM, only difference is the bracket for the Murci Bucket... GOOD FIND Pines!!!

Thanks for the confirmation and the detailed OEM pics. Updated the first post.

Do you have any of the other parts of the OEM headlight? The other projector or the other lenses? I'd like to see detailed pics of those!

those fogs are use on Diablo too and BMW 750 .if you get it from aftermarket depot,they are like 65$.

Thanks eddie. I have looked at a ton of Diablo pics and it doesn't look like the Hellas (at least not the same ones) are in there. Do you have something that shows that for us? Also, although the BMW fog lights are similar and could certainly be used as replica parts, they don't look exactly the same either. They don't have the Hella logo on them as the OEM Murci lights clearly do. They also look smaller to me but it is tough to tell. They are also VERY expensive! Way more expensive than the Hella Micro DEs which we have confirmed are in fact OEM.

These can be had for $65 a pair??? Where? I have looked all over and the best price I could find on the Hella Micro DEs was just over $100 for a pair.

Thanks again.

I will do what I have on just headlamps , as that is the current theme. For the large projector the original fitment is [ BMW 5series E39   Hella 9DR 151 33302 ] , this has a flip down shield for dip and main beam. The small projector is indeed the Hella Micro DE , but if you are using P6 lights - do you not need a main beam lens? . For the sidelight I am using a Fiat side repeater lens on a long stepped tube to reach out of the rear to plug in a bulb holder.
For the indicator , a VW Golf mk3 front indicator - basically cut in half , the lens cut to shape to fit behind the upper plate aperture and the bulb socket holder bonded the rear of the case.

Thanks for chiming in String. You do not disappoint!

Yes, some of the BWM 5 Series projectors look like the large one we are looking for. The flip down shield only appears to be on some of them. Is it in fact on all of them? Is it on the Murci? The Audi A6 looks to be the same projector. Is it?

I am curious about your image of the OEM fog lights there. They look slightly different. Are both of these from an OEM headlight? One has the Hella logo and one doesn't.

Thanks for the other tips. I'll check them out.

Also, please post any other off-the-shelf OEM spec parts you are aware of - even if they are just something small like wiring connectors. It would be great to make the list as complete as possible.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:21:56 AM by BigPines »

eddie

• Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2013, 05:51:19 PM »
those fogs are use on Diablo too and BMW 750 .if you get it from aftermarket depot,they are like 65$.

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »
I continue to make updates to the first post. I found lots of new info.

I hope String chimes in on this eventually. He is the master of this sort of thing and probably know all kinds of stuff we have missed.
Sweet! I added these.

I heard rumors about the Ford Focus lights but at the time couldn't figure it out. It never dawned on me that they would only be on the European Focus. ::duh

Back to the projectors. I'm thinking there must be a drop-in part from an Audi or BMW or something. Has anyone explored that possibility?

Hi, thanks for your request... ::angel

I will do what I have on just headlamps , as that is the current theme. For the large projector the original fitment is [ BMW 5series E39   Hella 9DR 151 33302 ] , this has a flip down shield for dip and main beam. The small projector is indeed the Hella Micro DE , but if you are using P6 lights - do you not need a main beam lens? . For the sidelight I am using a Fiat side repeater lens on a long stepped tube to reach out of the rear to plug in a bulb holder.
For the indicator , a VW Golf mk3 front indicator - basically cut in half , the lens cut to shape to fit behind the upper plate aperture and the bulb socket holder bonded the rear of the case.
Oooh , Red leather.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2013, 08:29:32 AM »
Yep same as OEM, only difference is the bracket for the Murci Bucket... GOOD FIND Pines!!!

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2013, 07:06:11 AM »
Pines your correct those look exactly like them. I'll take some pictures of my Hella OEM ones to compare.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:27:04 AM by usmc_butler »

BigPines

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2013, 01:30:59 AM »
Guys, these look like the *EXACT* OEM small projector headlight. Tell me I'm wrong: Universal Hella Premium Micro DE Projector Fog Lamp Kit
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:36:36 AM by BigPines »

LP640

• MURCI MAFIA
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 36
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • LP640
    • Free Website
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2013, 09:02:43 PM »
darn wheres the thanks button when you need one. Admin? ;)
Siteupp.com