Author Topic: My lambo was stolen tuesdsay!! A guy came to test drive it and took off! 5000$  (Read 34543 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Congratulations robreezy!

LamboJayso, my guess is the post that led to the recovery was removed to keep the sting operation valid. Yes, let's here the story. :)
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
Well guys my car was recovered in dallas last night. I used one of his own friends to set him up. lol!  Thanks for all the help! If it wouldnt have been for whoever posted that link, none of this would have been possible! This site was the key to finding my car. Huge thanks to everybody on here!!!!!

Congratulations on finding the car! I went back through this whole thread and the only link I saw posted was the link I posted. Now, fair is fair. You did say you would pay $5k to anyone who lead to the recovery of your car.
-Jayso

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Awesome news and great to see that this community of guys with the same interests were able to work together and find a positive.

Lamborghinimurci was the member who posted the original lead for the eventual recovery of your car. Any rewards that you are following thru with should rightfully go to him and it's between you guys to work this out.

Please share the whole story of the recovery piece if you are able to legally tell it.

Chris
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:39:44 PM by No Bull »

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Glad you found it!
Well now we know it wasn't being kept down the street ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:27:59 AM by Tallon »

casper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 8
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
So what happened? Lets hear the whole story now that we know it had a happy ending.

robreezy

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-2
Dream come true! And thanks to you as well! Couldnt have done it w/o you guys.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
This is the best news I've heard in a long time!!!! Congrats man, glad everyone pulled together for this!!!

robreezy

Well guys my car was recovered in dallas last night. I used one of his own friends to set him up. lol!  Thanks for all the help! If it wouldnt have been for whoever posted that link, none of this would have been possible! This site was the key to finding my car. Huge thanks to everybody on here!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:31:54 AM by robreezy »

robreezy

Man that would be awesome!! I'm following a few leads and looking promising! I just wanna say I really appreciate all your guys help! Thanks :)

Hi Rob, any good news? Ive got a G24 body thats in good shape that your welcome to have if you want to start another build, you got wheels so you got a good start. Just pm me if you want it its yours.  ::wave

lamborand

• Member Rating Points: +6/-10
Hi Rob, any good news? Ive got a G24 body thats in good shape that your welcome to have if you want to start another build, you got wheels so you got a good start. Just pm me if you want it its yours.  ::wave

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
Awesome  ::usa 

robreezy

Thank all you guys! This is huge! Big thanks to the guy who posted that info :))

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Rob, keep us updated on any new information that you can share.  I've cleaned up the thread so you can pursue any new leads you found here today.

Chris

Robslp640

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 2
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
I agree

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
   Personally i dont think the thief ditched the car at least not yet because he likes the car, he cant drive it now because he knows everyones looking for it and also cause its freezing outside and the car has no windows. So more than likely its in a buddy's garage somewhere just waiting for summer to come and hoping for the "heat" over the stolen car to be minimal or gone. At that time he may try to paint it and drive it to impress his friends then maybe ditch the car on an old country road. I think the car will show up abandoned this summer.

so the car was not complete ? why would anybody want that? hmm, it's in re mod stage maybe and finish later in months.  well I'm sure the local police force knows all the tricks about auto theft.

National Auto Theft Statistics

There were an estimated 721,053 motor vehicle thefts nationwide in 2012. The estimated number of motor vehicle thefts increased 0.6% in 2012 when compared with the 2011 estimates, but declined 24.8% when compared to the 2008 estimates, and 42.8% when compared to the 2003 estimates, according to the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports. Of all motor vehicles stolen, 73.9% were automobiles.  Auto Theft Prevention Tips

In 2012 only 11.9 percent of thefts were cleared, either by arrests or by exceptional means, compared with 20.4 percent for arson and 19.0 percent for all property crimes. (Insurance Information Institute).

According to the FBI, a motor vehicle is stolen in the United States every 44 seconds.

Auto theft is covered by the optional "comprehensive" coverage on your auto policy. The average comprehensive insurance premium in the U.S. rose slightly (0.51 percent) from $132.38 in 2009 to $133.06 in 2010 (the most recent data available), according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.

A survey of American drivers conducted in April 2007 on behalf of the National Insurance Crime Bureau and LoJack, a manufacturer of an electronic vehicle tracking and recovery system, found:
• 79% always lock their vehicles.
• 93% never leave spare keys in their vehicle.

However, the survey also found:
• One-third admit they have left their car while it was running, which makes the vehicle an easy target for theft.
• 47% don’t always park in a well-lit area.
• 40% don’t hide their valuables. In fact, nearly half leave mail in their vehicle, a quarter have left a purse or wallet, and almost a third have left bank statements, all of which can put them at risk for identity theft.

Although 75% of respondents know that there are costs associated with vehicle theft in addition to paying the insurance deductible and the cost of replacing the vehicle that are not covered by insurance, virtually none knew that there are additional costs such as insurance premium increases, the cost of time spent dealing with police, vehicle rental costs, and the cost of time off from work. The survey was conducted by Opinion Research Corporation.

Does It Matter Where I Live?

Living in urban and higher crime areas has an impact on your risk of being a victim of auto theft. Port and border cities continue to be boomtowns for the auto theft business.  Of the top 25 metro areas in the nation for vehicle theft, nearly half are ports or communities with easy access to borders (*National Insurance Crime Bureau, or NICB). The NICB study compares the auto theft rates per 100,000 population in 380 metro areas.