Author Topic: My lambo was stolen tuesdsay!! A guy came to test drive it and took off! 5000$  (Read 34614 times)

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
C'mon guys , bickering on this thread isn't going to help rob

If you guys want to help why not make some flyers he can print up and pass out ? Or get the list of local storage places so its easier for him?  We are about helping each other out and these little gestures can make the search easier on him

MercyLogic

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Easy guys.  8) 8)

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
I find that Tallon posts what I'm already thinking. I'd guess that's the case with many other people. It doesn't matter if the guy put the car on a truck or took to Mcdonalds for a hamburger, fact is the car is still gone. Ideas like fliers are great. Along with everyone watching eBay and your local Craigslist. Contemplating the ideas and plans of the thief does nothing but clutter up the thread. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 05:25:44 PM by No Bull »

robreezy

• Member Rating Points: +2/-2
Wow man that sucks, really sorry to hear that. I feel your pain as I'm sure you mine. It's a huge blow to take and accept. I believe in karma and wether or not this guy is caught, his karma will catch up. To have to steal someone's property, you have to be living in your own hell. I'm sure their lives are miserable, and at the end of the day, I still go home smiling. Highly doubt it's the same for him.
quote author=Spyder3000gtvr4 link=topic=1554.msg14277#msg14277 date=1385086659]
Hey rob that sucks. My red IFG vt with 3800sc 5 speed was stolen in 99/2000 by the guy IFG told me to send it to so it could be finished. Jim algers of north ridge California never saw my diablo again I was out 20k I feel your pain. Signed up just to relate and yea after all this time I'm still looking
[/quote]

robreezy

• Member Rating Points: +2/-2
Sorry guys I just now saw these posts. The car looks similar, but definitely not mine, very close. A few things to add, where the bat wings normally go mine were completely filled in, also there were no tops on the doors, had the removable top, and no windows. But I do appreciate all the Leads and advise! I'm for sure going to send fliers to every storage facility, great idea! Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Now this thread is getting somewhere :)

LP640

• MURCI MAFIA
  • Liked: 36
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • LP640
    • Free Website
Yea I would blanket the city with posters , with a big REWARD text. someone has seen that car. its no way they haven't.
Siteupp.com

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
I just got a msg from Vito.
He said the same car that is pictured was on sale there.
Now it does not mean the car is there  in Europe could be scam or we deliver if you buy it .
There is lot of stolen cars shipped to over seas specially to Africa.
Here in Toronto they just bust a thief ring with multi million $$ stock of cars ready to ship.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
If he was that prepared to steal the car, riding along may have turned out much worse once he got you away from the house.  A determined thief is a determined thief and you never know what his desperation / motivation level is or what they may be prepared to risk (including your life).

Cars can be replaced but you only get so many days above sod and it's simply not worth risking those days on something you're probably not going to be able to stop anyhow.  My car will have a GPS Nano hidden in it which I'll justify the annual subscription costs by not paying the premiums on full coverage insurance since theft would be my primary concern for anything over liability.  I use these for high dollar asset tracking at work and I'm very happy with how well they perform and how accurate they are. 

Chris

This is spot on. Thanks for the tip on the GPS Nano. I will definitely consider that.

That being said, taking the driver's license isn't fool proof but it may have helped. We have to be as careful as we can.

Mike
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Post wasn't directed to jay at all, any info helps.

I'm just saying if I had a g24 I wouldn't expect the police to be on me unless I at least had the car painted with a lot of the same parts. I think some people just think it's a rare body kit. Maybe around town but not across the country.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:23:27 PM by Tallon »

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Maybe theres more to the story we don' t know  ::policei

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Attention Lambo brothers.

Key Learning - Never let anyone take your baby for a test drive, with out you in the passenger side! Or, take their drivers license!

If he was that prepared to steal the car, riding along may have turned out much worse once he got you away from the house.  A determined thief is a determined thief and you never know what his desperation / motivation level is or what they may be prepared to risk (including your life).

Cars can be replaced but you only get so many days above sod and it's simply not worth risking those days on something you're probably not going to be able to stop anyhow.  My car will have a GPS Nano hidden in it which I'll justify the annual subscription costs by not paying the premiums on full coverage insurance since theft would be my primary concern for anything over liability.  I use these for high dollar asset tracking at work and I'm very happy with how well they perform and how accurate they are. 

Chris

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
That looks like the car !! The flat side scoops and all

Get the cops to get in contact with eBay - they will have to pretend to win this auction and pay the guy - I'm sure he will say shipping only , no in person pickups

They can track his IP address

Is it possible to easily take off the body and put it on a dodge chassis ?
so you want everyone with the same kit to be investigated? I guess he'll be happy you bought their car though...
I doubt they stripped the paint off down to the gelcoat and downgraded everything
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:22:07 PM by Tallon »

bierhanzel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 100
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
This vehicle was launched in advertisements in the Czech Republic-Europe. Were there photos that are on the first page! Sometime about a month ago. ::police

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
Attention Lambo brothers.

Key Learning - Never let anyone take your baby for a test drive, with out you in the passenger side! Or, take their drivers license!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:59:46 AM by No Bull »
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

lamborand

• Member Rating Points: +6/-10
 ::wave That car has the same G24 body but the engine is in the front and looks like its original to the chassis. also the engine from the stolen car was a supercharged 3800 series motor in the back. Good try though. The thief knows that he cant post it on EBAY hes smart enough to know everyone will be looking there, and i dont think he wants to sell it. i think he wants to keep it and combine it with another replica and drive it or just paint it and drive it. i think hes a petty thief with enough balls to take the car and thats all. Remember he stole a replica car and these cars arent meant to be driven long distances or on freeways. The guy drove it to a buddies house, then together they put it in a buddy's garage till the smoke clears then they going move it to a storage facility and lock it up till summer then he wont resist the urge to drive it around after putting a paint job on it. thats when he will get caught. post wanted posters in "the hood" and you may get lucky enough to find a nice kid who will squeal on him for cash. Remember money talks!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:19:15 AM by lamborand »