Author Topic: Countach Air Con Controller  (Read 19405 times)

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
Re: Countach Air Con Controller
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 06:35:03 PM »
they seem to be in Ohio... lots of interesting parts but the only price list is suggested retail...

Graeme Stebbing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 30
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 06:16:15 PM »
I have been digging and came up with this, probably have to sell my first born to afford it, no price wonder how much they are, anyone overseas that can contact them and find the price, http://www.exoticwholesaleparts.com/partview.php?id=365 they also have heaps of other lambo oem  parts even Countach bits and pieces.

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 06:01:42 PM »
String if you can come up with a file for me, i would  be more than happy to print it out and create a mold, then cast the parts.

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 05:08:48 PM »
Looking at the countach controller picture above , the top row centre button looks a lot like ..
the button I have outlined below, this is the company that makes most of lambo's switches , I will contact the agent and get specifications tomorrow ( it's late here now..), he's usually very quick with info but perilously close to the weekend - well in Italy anyway.
Oooh , Red leather.

Graeme Stebbing

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 04:36:39 PM »
Hi Don, So what your saying is you had a senior moment lol , I know at nearly 60 I get them all the time, yep the 25th console width would do, brilliant the measurement does not have to be perfect so long as its close, if I made mine with the gto display it will not be original, but hey in NZ how many people have ever seen a real Countach, I have only ever seen two real cars here and one was the Alpine display car in 87 that's when I started building (cant rush these things you know) , so don't care if its not dead accurate just so long as it does look close.
Good news on the switch info thanks for that String.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 04:40:06 PM by lambo »

Linlor

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 04:33:17 PM »
Outstanding String.

I just checked Lambostuff and they are available.......  Even relatively cheap given it is Lambo.  $32. Let's see what shipping ends up costing..... and I will order one for reference

Thanks very much
Don

Linlor

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 04:29:25 PM »
Forgot to say that Riceburner did an HVAC for the Diablos so a different face.  He originally made one for the 355 Ferraris (I helped him by taking his first unit and fitting it into the centre console of my project). His main circuitry was for a Fiero as well but I think he redid the programming for other units as well.  He did great work but I think he is out of it now.

Cheers
Don

String

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 04:28:27 PM »
As another angle - the diablo circa 1998 uses the same controller and for whatever reason , the buttons are available separately , eg . 006027080 , one button purchase would give dimensions and exactly what you get ie. switch and button , then would seem better value. ::pirate
Oooh , Red leather.

Linlor

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 04:19:45 PM »
Graeme;

Duh....  I can get access to an oem 25th Anniversary centre console piece.  The 25th, I believe is the same centre console shape, just different equipment in the locations.....  I had Cliff Miller build me a full interior (which I then sold before getting this latest proejct..... ::duh) The guy that bought the project is local to me so i can go to his place and take measurements and pictures so we can work backwards from there....

Even if we are close but it looks good and fits in the right place, I am OK with that.

More to come.

Thanks
Don

Graeme Stebbing

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »
Thanks Guys, So I guess its between all of us to try and come up with something, I am looking hard at the controller in my mitzi gto tt and have a spare which I disassembled, this unit is a colour display and measures 75 wide and 55 high and very nice looking only problem is buttons are in the wrong place but they just are contacts on a pcb  and could be changed to remote switches but its two wide, bigger than a standard din,  but it could with  some work be grafted into another front panel and the buttons rearranged, but without the dimensions  cant go there. Even the heater unit is a good size to fit under the dash and as its a two door coup will have enough air to demist a countach screen. So if some one has the measurements that would be great, I did also hear of a guy called riceburner who made one, I don't know if it looked original, but have not been able to track him down I think he was on KC
Does anyone have the dimensions of the console ie the space that the controller sits in between the bolsters each side of the centre console if I had that measurement I could scale it backwards from photos. also found a better pic I had salted away.

Linlor

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 02:10:27 PM »
Graeme;

I have been looking for the same thing for a while now.  I asked Theo over on Lamboreplica a while ago if he would be willing to send me his CAD but I never heard back.

I have been looking at how I can make one of these myself with either milled plastic or maybe even a 3d print as String suggests.  I have even been searching out plastic molding supplies local to me to see I can make a buck and then mold the top panel and switch plugs. 

If you can get the measurements, I think between us, we can get something made up.  Please keep me posted on your progress.

Thanks
Don

String

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 05:30:47 AM »
I would suggest contacting this guy , http://www.siennacountach.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=129&Itemid=59
His name is Theo and he is an administrator on the uk forum 'lamboreplica.co.uk'
If you can get measurements I can draw it up for you , and maybe a 3d print can be made..
 :)
Oooh , Red leather.

Graeme Stebbing

Countach Air Con Controller
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »
Hi Guys, Would anyone have any dimensions of this unit, or even better a CAD drawing,and a possible supplier of the switches, as I have not won the lotto I figure I'm going to have to make one from scratch , but without some idea of its size, I don't know how wide to make my console, I had thought of going with a single din width, but that looks too wide, any help much appreciated.
Graeme