Author Topic: Countach Air Con Controller  (Read 19404 times)

Graeme Stebbing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 30
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: Countach Air Con Controller
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2014, 10:31:13 PM »
Thanks Digi, I am sitting here trying to unravel Rhino its slow progress, i'm trying to use the scale function even on another drawing but it wont do as commanded lol

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 10:25:17 PM »
@ Lambo,
i got your email, thank you, i have been looking at the original file and each time i try to correct the formats it seems to give me a hang, so i suspect that there are locked areas possibly from the original designer, i will keep trying some options to get it as open and usable as possible.

Digibeam

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 10:19:27 PM »
and here are the buttons added in,  i made them as a collection rather than individual,  just easier for validation.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:22:21 PM by Digibeam »

Graeme Stebbing

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2014, 10:13:04 PM »
Hi Don . I hope you have recovered from new year and had a good one, what size are the buttons you have and what size is the display hole. Im trying to see if my mitzi display is an option I have dead unit disassembled and so can measure the actual display size
Regards
Graeme

Linlor

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2014, 10:06:47 PM »
Looks great Digibeam.  Thanks very much for running a prototype for us.  I will refine the model a bit with some additional button insets and size the display holes for items we can get.  I will also draw up the button to put the light hole and image insets in place etch.

Thanks again as this looks great.

Cheers
Don

Digibeam

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 06:06:57 PM »
i guess i should have posted this here first?  well its on my build log also...
but here is a printed version of Strings file for the controller...
not high quality, but for sure shows what it looks like or could look like...

Linlor

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2013, 09:05:44 PM »
I received my Countach HVAC button today.  Pretty complex really.  I think we will simple it up a bit...

I will get pics up tomorrow probably.  Just heading out to celebrate another year gone.

Graeme;
You have a pm.

Happy New Year everyone

Graeme Stebbing

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2013, 06:29:30 PM »
hi you have an email

Digibeam

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2013, 06:16:15 PM »
well, i am happy to try it if you want me to... :)

Graeme Stebbing

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2013, 05:51:25 PM »
hi I found it in a torrent a few years ago and I just salted it away for a rainy day, I'm sorry don't remember where it came from, the problem is I don't have the skill to know if its locked in some way, each tube appears to have its own layer identity, when you look at the properties of each piece. The move functions seems to group various parts together and move them as a block. You can explode it through to deal to the parts separately.
i downloaded SU8 a few months ago and would have bought it if it would import a dwg format, and that was the only format of file I had but the demo would not import the drawing, version 7 with the old ms add on would work.

Digibeam

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2013, 05:36:03 PM »
with SU8 I can import:skp,dwg,dxf,3ds,dem,ddf,kmz,dae,jpg,png,psd,tif,tga,bmp.
without any other add ons.
i am wondering if you have something locked on your drawing? or perhaps a limit has been set on the part itself?
where is that file from?

Graeme Stebbing

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2013, 04:52:37 PM »
hi Digi, I am only using the old version so I can see if it will do what I am trying to do, and that is edit a chassis to suit my suspension components from my donor, I did have a play with version 8 but if I remember right it will not import a dwg is that correct, I found that once I saved in ver 8, it would not open in 7.1, the original plan I have is in dwg format  so I can only import it into ver 7.1 with the patch add on.
I am very much a beginner in cad, if I can draw some lines its a plus lol, I am trying to use section plane to cut the top off the vertical tube with the 2 dots above it on my chassis, I am trying to bring it down to the horizontal main part of the chassis, I am using the section plane tool, is that the right tool to use, i can get it to shorten the tube down, but the area the cut covers is too big and it then starts to erase the top off the horizontal tube that runs across above the rear suspension, do you have any idea how I can restrict the size of the cut, I  just don't seem to be able to work out how to do that.
The other thing I am trying to do is move the bottom rails closer together, at some point I was able to move the bottom rails and all the other verticals that came off the rails either got longer or shorter automatically to suit the repositioned bottom rails,  I was able to move the bottom frame separate to the rest of the drawings as it appears to be in a different layer,I think it depended weather I was saving my template, in architectural or engineering mode , but it only did that once,what I am trying to get is the dimensions that I apply to the rail width to also stretch and grow as I move the rails so I know where to position them, in relation to the centre of the chassis  Any Help Much appreciated.
regards
Graeme
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:32:01 PM by lambo »

Digibeam

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2013, 04:30:36 PM »
i dont use skype at all, sorry about that. but i do use SU though i have the paid version 8+ i believe so it would be based on that.

Graeme Stebbing

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »
Don, Good news at least you are also making some progress.I have been playing in the last hour or so and can now draw a chassis tube in SU and make it hollow yaaaa .
Do you or digibeam have skype .I have some questions about SU that can only be explained by seeing what I'm trying to do, I'm using ver 7.1 so no pay, and have a patch that allows import of dwg format drawings something you cant do in the latest version of SU, if its any help I can send over for you.
Graeme

Digibeam

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 03:54:01 PM »
Sure , if string will share with me his version so far, i can turn it into a printable unit and then we can see what the physical unit will look like.