Author Topic: Off-the-Shelf Parts for the Aventador  (Read 1551 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Off-the-Shelf Parts for the Aventador
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 01:22:29 PM »
Looks like they are in the BMW X5, E46 & E55 as well.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

BigPines

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 12:58:51 PM »
The first part I recognized was what I believe is an Audi A4 / S4 headlight projector. If anyone can confirm this and what ballast is used, that would be very helpful.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 01:00:53 PM by BigPines »

BigPines

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:43:01 PM »
My brother and I were able to check out an Aventador up close and personal last weekend. He is helping me with my Murcielago LP670 replica and was toying with the idea of building one himself. After seeing the Aventador in person, he was hooked. He will be building one for sure. With that in mind, I am going to begin this parts thread to start to gather information.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:50:36 PM by BigPines »

BigPines

Off-the-Shelf Parts for the Aventador
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »
This post is an attempt to document as fully as possible any off-the-shelf parts and make it easier for us to find what we need. It is likely that the Aventador has less common parts than the other Lamborghini models do but I think this thread could prove valuable nonetheless. I really need everyone's help with this. Ideally, it would be a wiki and if someone wants to set one up, that would be great. I just figured instead of mentioning these parts in one thread here and one thread there, I would try to keep them all in one place. Other lists that may be of interest:

Off-the-Shelf Parts for the Countach
Off-the-Shelf Parts for the Diablo
Off-the-Shelf Parts for the Murcielago

Again, feel free to post any information you have to this thread. I will continue to update this first post as we get additional details.

OEM-compatible replacement parts:

Lamborghini Part Description                          Source Part Description
--------------------------------------------------   -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Headlight Xenon Projector                               '07 Audi A4, S4, B7 - Hella
                                                                    '10 BMW X5, E46, E55
Xenon Headlight Ballast                                  '04 - '09 E66 BMW 7 Series, '08 - '12 X6 (E71),
                                                                     '02 - '12 E60 E61 E65 5 Series - Hella 5DV 009 000-00
                                                                     '07 -'11 Cadillac Escalade
                                                                     '07 - '08 Land Rover Range Rover
                                                                     '07 - '08 Jaguar Xk8
                                                                     '06 - '08 Lincoln Zephyr
                                                                     Mercedes
                                                                     Volkswagon

DISCLAIMER: All information is to the best of my knowledge. I have relied on information from others in this post. While I have made an attempt to validate the information, I have not personally verified exact fit and function of every part. Please respond to this thread to notify me of corrections/omissions.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:42:45 PM by BigPines »