Author Topic: Experts and fabricators plz help new user bought driving muci project. NEW PICS  (Read 3487 times)

lamboflow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Havent forgot about my post agreeing to post pictures, I've just been sick as heeeeelllllll hoping to fell better by beginning of week. Youngest daughter sneezed in my face and ever since then Its been downhill.

lamboflow

Ok ill pull car out either tonight or tomorrow still trying to source wiring diagrams for aftermarket alarm system bc orange fuel pump wire on ecm was dissconnected

Onewickedsvt

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Pics of the car please!?!!?

lamboflow

I agree didnt have a way to test relay so I ordered another if that didnt work I was going to straight wire a prime feature that supplies 12v to pump for a few sec then start car and disconnect 12v source. I also dont know if thpse snipped ecm wires invole cc any critical functions. I dont see other ends to any of the top ecm plug bottom right green wire is snipped. Ther lower plug white wire with black stripe is snipped also on lower ecm plug has orange wire that is snipped. Base is 88 fiero, 2.5 44cylinder 5speed.

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
I think that murcie-mes post on the other forum was spot on for your starting issue and door latches.  I had forgotten about the relay that supplies preliminary voltage to the fuel pump until oil pressure comes up.  Look there first.

lamboflow

Ok, will do I guess thats the fire wall they meant I get so confused with the mid enginesetups. I think fire wall means rear but its still the front as in anyother car. Thanks again. Look forward to solving the other solutions

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
I am not sure what is installed to ure radio but that is for antenna.  A piece of metal attaches to that and u have the antenna.
As far as fuel relay goes. It is in the front right next to the ac relays. It's in the front under the hood compartment. U should google fiero fuel pump relay and look at the schematics .

lamboflow

Lol yeah that was a "pause" moment.. sorry abt that. But is it the radio antenna that sends signal out because when purchased it had pioneer double din installed and it has radio plug in rear of pioneer deck already. So im guessing that is the opposite end that catches the frequencies out of the air. Looked up relay and im seeing back engine bay on bottom and check center fuse in box. I'll be checking that in the mourning. Anyway that if its related to 1 of those ecu wires that are snipped, I could straight wirepump to cut on by switch like manual prime then ddisconnect after I start that way circuit wont have double voltage. Seeing as it works once car is on.

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
The thing in ure pants.. lol sound weird.. but yea. its for radio antenna i believe..
the starting part is something to do with ure fuel pump relay. it is not prime'ming.. the fiero fuel pump is a hassle.. cus it runs off oil pressure and other sensors.

lamboflow

http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/lamboflow/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1

Okay I have a link to the photobucket account showing issuesnin description of each photo also tell a lil of my issue. First off only starts with ether (starting fluid) runs fine once on even drives. Only loaded on it on trailer but I dont kno if its just from sitting bc when I let of clutch early while I was loading it fired right back up with no ether, but hasnt done that since ive been running it back home so maybe that or the wires that are snipped.... 3 off ecu harnesses. If not where do they go and is this somethat that needs to be hooked up bc the snipes dont look factory.

2nd issue windows were framed manual crank style which I thought was odd, would just put crank on and call it a day but its no way it can operate that close to the door. Any automatic gears I can put on crank teeth to operate with switch without having to undo all that. Door skins are already on and it is painted so id hate to have to cut into body work and paint to install an entirely new system

3rd my door doesnt latch bc its too farr away. Anyone know a good resource to get those small spacer tabs for the latch. Dont want to drive with doors loos already ruined one set of shocks towing home like that and had to replace them.

4th my ac/heat controller was under dash when I pulld up anyone know of an easy way to make vent routes so I can pop out on dash and defrost. All function I just need a. Head start on ideas for material to use that will act like ducts to route pushed air through

5th found oe speedo I dont know year or model cluster came from but upon hooking it up idle calmed down noticeably. But speed stays at 10mph at idle and rpm maxes out. Oil pressure reads fine and gas and temp seem to as well as long I dont tilt cluster. Upon tilt all guages except speed and oil pressure read max, upon lvl height everything looks realistic. Also I never notice check engine light even at pre start with key in on positon.

Last what is that leaf looking metal tap with prong on end? Seems to have a cable connected and leads under dash. Its the metal thing in pics on my jeans.Thanks for any help or input anyone can offer. It bought almost complet just going through horrors of figuring out previous build. Much appreciation to all

To be upfront i posted on mm board aswell bc a lot of builder are on both but this board has alot of vets that dont deal with mm.  Also murci me suggested fuel pump relay is the culprit for only starting with ether issue im looking into that now. Googling its location. Thanks and I hope you all can provide some insight