Author Topic: Brake disc size and offset  (Read 1126 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: Brake disc size and offset
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 11:23:21 PM »
String,
   Wilwood Dynapro six piston calipers are a nice OEM looking piece with plenty of stop and a reasonable price. They require 3/4" from the outside diameter of the rotor to the outside edge of the caliper. The rotor width must be matched to the caliper and these are available for .81 or 1.10 thick rotors of various diameters, all of which are available slotted and drilled. The .81 and the 1.10 rotors have different hat patterns but Wilwood has about a hundred different hats to get your offset and bolt pattern correct. Sometimes the pattern available on the most suitable hat is the determining factor for the rotor thickness. You will need 1.64+" from the outside face of the rotor to the inside face of the wheel. 

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 01:16:30 PM »
Jim,

I am using the replica Hermera wheels , directly onto a hub , so what I am getting at before I buy discs and calipers is what the thinnest caliper distance anyone has come across between the outer edge of the disc and the outer edge of the caliper.
I know that these wheels do not fit a Murcielago with CCB's but these are a larger diameter disc, but is the caliper anything special in it's 'thin-ness' if you follow me.
Cheers.
Oooh , Red leather.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 10:17:06 AM »
What is the radius to the outside edge of the mounted caliper?
What is smallest inside diameter of the wheels that you will be using measured at the centerline of the mounted rotor?
Will you be using a spacer or adapter with your wheels?
Are your wheels OEM?

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
Brake disc size and offset
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:10:20 AM »
I would like to know of anyone's brake disc diameter and thickness that is usable . I am looking at 348mm x 30mm and a 73mm offset ,but since discovered that a 374mm x 36mm is available , has anyone used a disc this large and is the offset enough for a multipot caliper within an 18" wheel .
Thanks
Oooh , Red leather.