Author Topic: HELP! Diablo replica seats  (Read 4852 times)

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: HELP! Diablo replica seats
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 09:05:46 PM »
Cool & thanks for getting back with me.  Send me a pic or two when u get them done or get a chance.  :D

bluefiero88

• Paul G / former founding member of D&R replicar.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 15
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • Hi fellow car fabricators
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 07:03:40 PM »
The seat came out great just working on the details of mounting them in the car. Im using the fiero seat tracks and making them adjustable. Im sorry but got busy with work so had to put the project aside for 2 weeks. I should be back to it by next week.  :)
Paul G

JJS SE30

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 07:24:00 PM »
Hey just seeing how your replica seat molds are coming along.  Keep keeping me posted on the progress and pic's too if you got them.  Thanks J

JJS SE30

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 09:01:50 PM »
 ::thumbup Nice!

bluefiero88

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 07:36:41 PM »
I poped out the mold for the seats. i should be making my first seat in the next few days. Here is the mold.
Paul G

JJS SE30

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 07:41:14 PM »
 Hey Thanks!  Looking good so far, keep me updated.  Thxs J

bluefiero88

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »
Here are some pics of the form piece used to make the mold. The seats will be exactly like this piece without  the wood and bond. The seat will be nice finished with gelcoat. The top is not cut out for the headrest yet. the head rest can extend up about 1 or 2 inches depending on the fit of your car. I have not made the headrest piece yet.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:13:44 PM by bluefiero88 »
Paul G

JJS SE30

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 07:45:19 AM »
I actually got a hood close to the dimension's you gave me and was thinking about cutting it down and adding to it.  Yes please keep me posted and send me a pic of the seats progress as you go.  Been looking at a lot of seats lately, lol, not many meeting the measurement requirements I need let alone I'm 6' and need a seat that's gonna curly me back. Thxs and talk to you later!  J

bluefiero88

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 09:38:11 PM »
You may be able to cut the flat hood down to size to fit. Also i finished making the seat mold today and will be popping out the plug tomorrow. i should have my first seat by next weekend. i will get some pics up tomorrow of the seat mold.
Paul G

bluefiero88

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 08:50:18 PM »
Here is the dimensions for the hood. The top horizontal measurement is 34" 1/8 And the vertical side measurement is 30" 1/8 across the bottom is 28" 1/2.  I also have a flat hood with these same dimensions.
Paul G

JJS SE30

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
Hey are you able to send a pic of the Jota hood with the indent, I'm not sure on the style.  Is it like the Diablo GT style?  I got some measurements of my open hood area and hope you understand how I'm about to describe them.  LOL!  Ok from the top corner to top corner, near the windshield, is approximately 33" and 3/4" of an inch across.  From the bottom of the open hood area, near the bumper, from corner to corner is approximately 24" and 1/2" across.  Lastly from the top center(near windshield) of where the hood would be down to the bottom center(near hood latch area) of the hood is approximately 31" and 1/2".  Let me know what you got.  Thxs Again!

bluefiero88

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 08:49:13 PM »
I did see your post on the IFG hood your looking for. I only have a mold for the rear of the car below the tail lights across where the vents are and the bumper backs up to. this mold is only a piece needed to make the diabolic kit into the real rear end. Thus removing the molded in bumper part of this kit and splicing in the IFG rear end. I do have a two piece mold for the IFG rear bumper.
I have a diablo hood mold but it is for the D&R kit . The IFG hood is different and in not sure if you could modify the D&R hood to work. I also have the jolta hood that has the dropped cut out center in it. Im not sure if it is a IFG or not . I many could be modified. If you have any interest it it i could take some measurements of it. I don't have the center console, i just made mine out of panel board and glassed it together. If you can't find one i may be able to make a mold for it since i will be building another car and i will need one also. If your handy you may be able to make the dash piece yourself by overlaying fiberglass on your dash and pulling a skin off of it.
Paul G

JJS SE30

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 08:27:03 PM »
HEY, Got another quick question I see you have a IFG Diablo and molds.  I'm looking for a front hood/bonnet for mine.  Its an IFG SE30 replica body that has the hood/bonnet that is not as wide from side to side and a little longer from top to bottom and has the Bull emblem on the front bumper.  Are you familiar with it?  I can get you some measurements?  Also trying to find the piece of the dash that is the hump above the steering wheel that contains the gauges/instrument cluster.  Lastly was looking for the center console piece that goes from the shifter to the back of the seats.  Thxs Again and any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JJS SE30

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 08:15:38 PM »
OK, Sounds good and Thank You!

bluefiero88

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 07:52:33 PM »
Yes I'm designing the seats with the separate head rest like the ones in the original car.
the other seats that you talked about sounds like a good price. With fiberglass resin prices at $40 or more a gallon and matt at a $100 bucks or more a roll. And gel coat is at $100 bucks a gallon. Its pretty easy to be into a set of seats for the cost of $300 bucks in material. and a guys labor the do work with this nasty stuff . Thats not a bad price $300 for the set. You only want to do this once so getting the right look for you car is important. I started on the forms for the mold today and i pretty pleased with how it looks so far. Keep in touch and i will keep you updated with the progress.
Paul G