Author Topic: mercie SV parts.  (Read 21412 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: mercie SV parts.
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 10:09:44 AM »
Yes, I'm sure he is looking to sell a conversion kit exactly as you describe.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 09:45:26 AM »
I don't want to put words in his mouth but I believe his intent is to sell a lp670 conversion kit, which is smart beings there are already so many 640's out there with people wanting the missing pieces! For him to do the entire car wouldn't make a whole lot of sense beings people are starting and will lean towards the Aventador in the near future! On the other hand I'm curious to see how well this fits up to an existing OEM or G28 body! If you've comisioned this for an existing build maybe you could talk the person you are building it for to take some pics for you so you can show the fit! The rear hatch looks excellent keep up the great work!!!  ::headbang
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

BigPines

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 09:24:09 AM »
INSPIREcomposite, nice work man. I am a big fan of what you have been able to accomplish. You are definitely one of my heroes! I would like to talk CNC with you some time. I am definitely heading down that road at some point. I'd like to know about your new machine.

As far as the kit goes, it is funny but I have recently learned first-hand, people don't really want/need kits. It is a nice and clean idea but it doesn't really work. They usually only need individual parts. It is totally understandable that some people already have acquired some parts and others just don't want them for some reason. For instance, I am probably only going to use a front LP670 bumper and possibly a rear LP670 bumper on my build.

If you don't mind saying where your original 3D model came from, I would be very interested. The thing is, I'm not sure if it will even fit a G28 without some modifications unless it was designed for that kit that from the ground up.

Again, nice work!

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 08:25:55 AM »
The G28 rear engine hatch is a few inches longer than OEM.  So unless it is cut down it will only fit a G28 and not an OEM

INSPIREcomposite (BANNED)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 108
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 06:23:12 AM »
The part looks good! Did you make these from a model to CNC'd foam like your Aventador body? If so, what did you use for a model? Will these parts fit OEM body? What are your prices?

That's all for now. ;) I'd love to see pictures of the bumpers when they are done!

Mike
rear bumper should be done in 2 weeks. What would you pay for a kit like this? it will include the rear hatch, rear trunk face, wing and legs, rear bumper assembly, front bumper.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 06:21:15 AM »
The part looks good! Did you make these from a model to CNC'd foam like your Aventador body? If so, what did you use for a model? Will these parts fit OEM body? What are your prices?

That's all for now. ;) I'd love to see pictures of the bumpers when they are done!

Mike

Does this fit g28 or OEM (or are they both the same dimension ?)

yes, i used the same process. This time around im using a better machine, and doing a better job on part glassing. I dont know if it will fit an oem body. The kit im making this for fits a common mercy kit car, i dont know the name of it, ill have to ask him and let you guys know.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:14:33 AM by INSPIREcomposite »

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 01:09:56 AM »
Does this fit g28 or OEM (or are they both the same dimension ?)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 11:17:55 PM »
I'm liking the hatch!

mdiablo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 11:01:07 PM »
Does look good.  How much for that rear hatch?  Also, how long before you have the rear bumper ready?

BigPines

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »

Mike

mercie SV parts.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:08:22 PM »
a local commissioned me to do the SV parts for the mercy. Im still in the process of creating the rear and front bumper. I have the rear hatch done so far. Ill sell parts if anyone is interested since ill have the molds.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:12:26 PM by INSPIREcomposite »