Author Topic: SoundRacer Information  (Read 1812 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
SoundRacer Information
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:19:33 PM »
I didn't want to clog up Dustin's thread any more than I already have with this silly stuff. I should have just started a new thread from the beginning. Sorry Dustin.

Before I get flamed, I want to make it clear that I don't think this product will make a car sound or feel like a real Lamborghini V12. It is just an interesting product and a bit of fun as far as I am concerned.

The unit I am most interested in is the new EV model EVSM-2: http://eveess.com/ It would be a cool parlor trick to use if anyone ever does an electric replica (Electro_boy) plus it looks like it is flexible enough to tap into a tach on a standard vehicle via the CAN bus (some assembly required). It accepts custom sounds (I wanted to insert a wicked smiling devil icon here but the forum doesn't have one) and has a line output to hook up to a standard amplifier. Add an outdoor speaker with sufficient power handling and low frequency (bass) response and you may have a very interesting novelty indeed.

There are no prices for the EVSM-2 posted on their web site. I contacted them by e-mail and got the following response:

------------------------------------

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your interest in SoundRacer  EVEESS Electric Vehicle Electronic Engine Sound modules

We have these EV sound modules to offer:
EVSM-2 with line output for connection to external amplifier.
EVSMA-1 with 2x20W amplifier for direct connection to one or two speakers.

The modules have three different inputs for vehicle speed or rpm:
- Analog 0-5 Volt.
- Pulsed frequency input. Pulses can be generated by a vehicle controller or a sensor like the Hall sensor and magnets that we can supply.
- CAN bus input. This input requires software development to meet the actual vehicles specifications.

Standard sounds currently shipped with each order are Shelby V8, Lamborghini V10, Lexus LFA V10, Ferrari V12, Suzuki GSX and Harley V-Twin. The vehicle manufacturer or user can add new sounds.

There is a revving function that can be used to alert persons in front of the vehicle. A simulated gear change function can be selected by the driver. Sound shutoff over a certain speed can be set.

Prices in single quantity:

Product                                                     Price
EVSM-2                                                     $164,00
EVSMA-1                                                   $239,00
Connector and wire set for EVSMA-1           $20,00
Connector and terminal set  for EVSMA-1    $4,00
Hall effect sensor with 4 magnets               $39,00
EVSP31 Speaker square, 3", 25W               $98,00
EVSP30 Speaker round, 3", 25W                $57,00

The speakers are weather protected. EVSP31 has a larger volume and can give a better low frequency response. see http://www.eveess.com for more information

The modules are sold by us directly.

Best Regards

Kenneth PalmestÄl
CEO

SoundRacer AB  Blodboksgatan 24, 42674 VĂ€stra Frölunda, Sweden. Phone +46706906090

SoundRacer AB is a world leading manufacturer of electronic engine sound devices. With 100 000 units sold and four years of constant development we are a competent supplier of sound technology for improved driving experience and safety in ICE as well as electric vehicles.

------------------------------------

SoundRacer for electric vehicles, RC car sound demo

SoundRacer V10 - sunet de Lamborghini Gallardo

SoundRacer V12 Ferrari sound
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:41:58 PM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?