Author Topic: donor Diablo windshield?  (Read 15812 times)

CCIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
Re: donor Diablo windshield?
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 10:47:47 PM »
Drumseven....

I am in Central Ohio, I have a Top Gun Roadster with a after market windshield that almost fits. I also have the AGP glass which is few inches bigger, as well as IFG glass that I have not tried out yet. My roadster is getting an engine swapped (lol for the past 2 years now... Fracking mechanics). But if you are in Ohio and I get a few minutes off of work maybe we can connect and you can take all the measurements and try to figure out what the after market windshield is.

CCIE

drumseven

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • Heath Youmans
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 07:29:29 PM »
Thanx jim, yes got in touch with Ron, turns out that NAERC windshield which ron makes is correct dementions,down side is, im going to have to win the lottery to afford to have one shiped from Canada! LOL! thanx again for your help!

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 07:11:47 PM »
Nope!  Not yet.  My opening is not OEM so I am going to see if I can modify it to accept an OEM windshield.  Otherwise I will cut one to fit.  I have a AGP OEM Diablo Coupe windshield already.  Hope you find a connection for your windshield glass.  76mx may also have a connection for your needs.

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

drumseven

• Heath Youmans
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 12:24:42 PM »
Thanx Jim , have u address the windshield on your car yet?

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »
Found on KC.  Ron Dolling up in Canada.  $1350 for Roadster.  This might be OEM on the dimensions so still maybe questionable on fitment.
You can contact Ron at ronlambo@shaw.ca or 604-436-9571.   
Another post listed his phone at 604-436-9671 so don't know which is correct or both.

Jim
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:04:32 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

drumseven

• Heath Youmans
donor Diablo windshield?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 11:16:14 AM »
okay guys, I'm back on the subject that seems to bring out the full orchestra of crickets, i'm in search of a windshield for my Corey Davis Diablo roadster, does anyone of you incredibly resourceful builders know of a donor windshield that could be altered to fit or one that would fit directly on my car, basic dimensions are 35 tall by 60 wide AGP who to my last knowledge is no longer carrying windshields, measure 39 tall by 60 wide. I'm also wondering if anyone has seen on kit central a fellow named Ed Blake who  built a yellow Diablo roadster, that i believe is the same body as mine,that may have any insight on what windshield he used, his seem to have a wide trim piece at the bottom as a filler any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, thanx drum.