Author Topic: !!! Murcielago Door And Quarter Glass!!!  (Read 17534 times)

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
Re: !!! Murcielago Door And Quarter Glass!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »
Talked with USMC Butler and he said the main difference between the OEM glass and the G28 would be up toward the front of the door where the mirror is! If you alter the mirror mounting area to fit an OEM size mirror, such as what AutoPro makes, or just enlarge it, the OEM glass should work well with your G28! Hope this helps!

That is a hiccup indeed, I'm glad you figured this out for me, thanks much for that.  On the plus side, if I went with Autopro's mirrors I could have folding mirrors.  Also, did USMC say anything about the height of the window?  I know some guys have talked about not being able to roll the window all the way down, just curious if that is also a problem with the OEM glass?  Thanks again for the info

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 07:46:10 PM »
Nickmkk, are you building on an OEM body? I don't want to stick someone with something that won't work for them! If you are doing a G28 I'm not positive how this glass will fit! Maybe someone can verify if OEM glass will fit a G28!

My body isn't exact OEM, I imagine it's still better to use OEM glass though?

Talked with USMC Butler and he said the main difference between the OEM glass and the G28 would be up toward the front of the door where the mirror is! If you alter the mirror mounting area to fit an OEM size mirror, such as what AutoPro makes, or just enlarge it, the OEM glass should work well with your G28! Hope this helps!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 10:15:59 AM »
That is more than fair. I just know we are all in different places with our builds and some of us are more in a hurry than others.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 10:12:43 AM »
I can stretch it out a few weeks if that helps people get there funds together, I just don't want this to drag on forever! I want to first get a list of people so they know how many are needed, then I will give everyone say 2-3 weeks tops to collect enough cash! If this sounds fair let me know!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

BigPines

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 10:05:44 AM »
This is a really good deal but two weeks after Christmas is a bit tough for me. I'd love to get both but I think I can only afford the door glass now. If I had another few weeks, I could do both. Oh well, timing doesn't always work out. Thanks again for getting this going. Hopefully, everyone interested will jump in and get this while it is available.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 09:11:59 AM »
I think I will leave this open through the end of the week to obtain interested people within the states! After that I will proceed to collect funds and that way we can get the ball rolling on this! I don't want to leave anyone out but also don't want to drag this out forever! I am willing to give people interested a chance to gather there funds for a little while but after that I gotta get this ordered as soon as possible!!!

Thanks Everyone!!!  ::wave

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 09:05:10 AM »
Nickmkk, are you building on an OEM body? I don't want to stick someone with something that won't work for them! If you are doing a G28 I'm not positive how this glass will fit! Maybe someone can verify if OEM glass will fit a G28!

The fact that the curvature of your quarter glass and door glass will match by going this route will definitely be an advantage. If I remember correctly USMC Butler has compared his G28 glass to an OEM door and they are very close! Hopefully he will chime in and verify this!

BigPines

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 06:08:45 PM »
It depends. I would think the quarter glass would be OK but the door glass may be too large. You definitely want to find out from someone in the know if this will work for your application. Maybe someone can jump in and let us know? I know Dustin and Chris have a good idea of the differences between the G28 and OEM doors.

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 10:46:40 AM »
Purple you make me so happy i wanna cry  :'( this is a great opportunity as i have been working hard to find a donor glass like mike and come close but it requires alot of work and still can open the window only about halfway this is beautiful. can i give you the payment in about a week? i want all 4 pieces thanks!  ::thumbup
Yes, no problem hope there are more people interested. I will possibly leave this open for a little while as I only want to do this once and am very nervous about shipping glass lol! I am only doing this so I can get my glass and figured we could drive the price down by buying several pieces! I would like to do 10 sets if possible, hope we can get that many!

Thanks Fellas!!!

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 10:33:33 AM »
Purple you make me so happy i wanna cry  :'( this is a great opportunity as i have been working hard to find a donor glass like mike and come close but it requires alot of work and still can open the window only about halfway this is beautiful. can i give you the payment in about a week? i want all 4 pieces thanks!  ::thumbup
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:38:16 AM by Fatboyslim »

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 07:50:35 AM »
Thanks again for all the info. Im in for a set of door and quarter glass.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:52:06 AM by nickmkk »

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 12:00:52 AM »
Also remember that is including shipping from over seas to myself and then repackaged and shipped to you!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 11:57:27 PM »
My theory is if the quarter glass doesn't have the correct curve neither will the door! Anything can be made to work but if you are overly anal about details like this (I am) you will want OEM! I do not believe they are available in roadster, just so it is known these are not actual OEM they are copies of OEM! The price appears steep, but I would love to see a cheaper alternative! The cheapest used door glass I can find at the moment is $800 for one side! And that is a good price! The quarters are definitely not cheap and somewhat hard to find! Thanks again!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 11:56:55 PM »
We have all looked for alternatives but none fit 100% like OEM does and his price is about half of what it usually costs.
Pedro