Author Topic: 2009 Gallardo LP560 Project for sale  (Read 5635 times)

CCIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
Re: 2009 Gallardo LP560 Project for sale
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 03:01:51 PM »
Hi All,

The Gallard project has been sold.
And no there was no structural/suspension damage and it was on its wheels with all its suspension and breaks included, it just needed the drivetran to make it drive (of-course some other items as seen in the pic) ..... I am waiting for the full payment and if the deal does not fall through I will put it back up

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 04:05:19 PM »
CCIE, is the structural integrity 100% on the car, what I mean is the frame bent, any suspension out of alignment, wheels straight???  Is the electrical functioning?  Why was the car stripped down was it because of the damages??  Thxs J

mtmlambo

• Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 12:17:32 PM »
Now, with all that being said,

I just picked up an Audi V10 that I will be mounting up to a murci coupe.  This might be an option for those wanting to do gallardos that are missing engines

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 12:02:34 PM »
TNH, Jeff said the crank was commercially available and gave me the manufacturer they got it from. Even though a kit may not exist, the parts to make one can be purchased. It goes back to what you referred to on the Forums, that is way too much money to build a grenade. 

TNH

• Liked: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 11:37:35 AM »
Curious what something like this usually sells for..... I'd like to say I'm interested, but I have a feeling these things are still a ways out of my price range without a drivetrain.
5.3 with paddles would be cool, but I personally prefer an old school manual even in a supercar replica or kit car, its so hard to find true 6-speeds on the actual exotics these days (I read less than 1 percent of late model Lamborghini and Ferrari produced with manual trans now)...... I'd love a manual Porsche transaxle in this chassis with LS9 (or LS7 with a twin turbo kit). It would also be quite cool to build a higher revving naturally aspirated LSx motor with individual throttle bodies and either 180 degree headers or a Lingenfelter flat plane crank kit to try and capture that higher RPM, NA, snappy throttle response sound and feel that exotics and other F1 inspired cars tend to have. I know actual Lambo owners would find it horrifying, but I think it might be an overall better car than the original (would certainly be cheaper to maintain and get better mpg, haha!)

TNH, you got me all excited with the idea of a Lingenfelter flat plane crank kit so I called my buddy Jeff there to order one. He told me that they did make just one as a R&D project but it was way too fragile for any intended use, and there were no plans whatsoever to develop and/or market it.

I'm sorry, I hate spreading false info and I shouldn't have been repeating what I heard about these 'kits' without looking further into it. I just went back and re read a lot of the info I had on the LPE flat plane project after seeing your post here, and you are right, it looks like they were showing off more of a one off type project, although I am still a little confused about it because I have seen 'build threads' on LS swap type forums where people have mentioned the exact cost of these kits (or just the cranks) and some have even claimed to have them already in their possession....although I could be the victim of good old fashion internet lying on those ones. After re-reading I do see some people bringing up their flat plane crank projects made by other manufacturers but being discussed in the Lingenfelter threads which I mistakenly thought were parts bought directly from LPE. I also remember seeing (or thought I remember Lingenfelter talking about offering these to customers years ago on their own website. Here it is.....very short and vague, but they mention something about building it for customers and he sent him a PM regarding cost, back in 2011 too....
http://www.lingenfelter.com/LPEforumfiles/showthread.php?918-Even-More-Flat-Plane-ACTION!!!

I also saw a 'complaint thread' basically about a bunch of people saying the LPE setup was too expensive "just to get a little bit higher revving engine and a closer to exotic sound'. .....unless they were talking about the cost of the one off setup after hearing whatever that was from LPE and assumed they were talking about kits??  I was also assuming there was a kit in the works because I remember seeing them discussing and showing pics of a flat plane crank set up in motors that were being put in street cars, as well as multiple builds that they said (at least back then anyway) would all be getting dyno'd with the flat plane crank as if they were getting ready to run these things off an assembly line or something.

well darn, I'm sorry I was wrong about that. If you do really want a flat plane set up, you may want to google and read everything you can on the threads related to the LPE stuff because there is a lot of talk from people claiming to have the proper valve trains for this as well as custom cranks (and I'm hearing prices as ridiculous and probably BS as $750, others at $1,500-5,0000 and even a few people saying $12k. There was a thread on the SLC race car builder forum where someone was claiming to have some pretty serious components for an LSx based flat plane setup.
Now I'm really curious how real any of this is other than the one LPE put up videos of. There are vendors posting in the LPE threads I read claiming to have cranks for LSx's or claiming that they could easily make them for customers if anyone wanted one.... so it may be that some companies are offering this sort of thing publicly.

EDIT: I'm still trying to find some links to make me look less bad, haha....I just realized a true bone head mistake of mine, I kept seeing 'flat plane crank for real street car' headlines during google searches and mistakenly thought they were referring to 'real street carS', as in cars ran on the street by customers, not their one off car that runs the 'real street' class, lol.

Edit again: check out this thread....that guys first post makes it sound like not only does LPE offer a flat plane crank set up for the LSx, but everyone knows it and its way too overpriced. I just find it strange to see anyone talking about LPE in that way if they didn't offer that product or at least say they were going to offer it at some point.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/1776304-does-anyone-make-flat-cranks-ls-engines.html
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:50:10 AM by TNH »

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 11:25:18 AM »
I gotta agree with mtmlambo.  Sometimes the buying a ready to go Gallardo itself would put you way ahead.  Once you start buying Lambo parts, whether new or used, the prices are ridiculous.  That car would have to be a complete steal to  compensate for all the parts or even modification parts would cost, but what really sends you over the top is your investment time(work hours) you will have in it.  Would take a lot of research if you have a budget in mind.  Sweet looking project tho!

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »
Curious what something like this usually sells for..... I'd like to say I'm interested, but I have a feeling these things are still a ways out of my price range without a drivetrain.
5.3 with paddles would be cool, but I personally prefer an old school manual even in a supercar replica or kit car, its so hard to find true 6-speeds on the actual exotics these days (I read less than 1 percent of late model Lamborghini and Ferrari produced with manual trans now)...... I'd love a manual Porsche transaxle in this chassis with LS9 (or LS7 with a twin turbo kit). It would also be quite cool to build a higher revving naturally aspirated LSx motor with individual throttle bodies and either 180 degree headers or a Lingenfelter flat plane crank kit to try and capture that higher RPM, NA, snappy throttle response sound and feel that exotics and other F1 inspired cars tend to have. I know actual Lambo owners would find it horrifying, but I think it might be an overall better car than the original (would certainly be cheaper to maintain and get better mpg, haha!)

TNH, you got me all excited with the idea of a Lingenfelter flat plane crank kit so I called my buddy Jeff there to order one. He told me that they did make just one as a R&D project but it was way too fragile for any intended use, and there were no plans whatsoever to develop and/or market it. 

mtmlambo

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 10:18:07 AM »
even at 30K.  everything for the Gallardo is oem, meaning there isn't too much 3rd party support for panels and so forth.  my guess to get that lambo back to normal would be somewhere in the range of around 120k.  If you've never brought back to life a lambo before, I think your severely underestimating just how much money your going to spend to get her back up and perfect.   now, with that being said, it is a 560 so its a little more desirable than a standard Gallardo.  but you can easily get a running, non-salvaged Gallardo for under 85k and do a bad @ss body package on it and still have money left over for when this thing breaks.  just my opinion

That sounds cheap to me considering what these cars are worth in good condition. I really only have one thing to base it on though, which is the Ferrari 360..... I have gotten a few separate quotes for body shells that basically had the front ends knocked off of them and had damage to the subframe structure, but the body shell/tub itself was sound.....one for $35k, the other was $45k. These were plain old 360's, a 1999 and a 2001....... damaged ones with salvaged titles!  I thought that was ridiculous considering a running driving 360 can be had for $65k.
Because of that I thought the Lamborghini would be at least $65k, maybe $75k. I really am curious now, I might change the direction of my current project if they are so much cheaper than I thought.

TNH

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 09:48:15 AM »
That sounds cheap to me considering what these cars are worth in good condition. I really only have one thing to base it on though, which is the Ferrari 360..... I have gotten a few separate quotes for body shells that basically had the front ends knocked off of them and had damage to the subframe structure, but the body shell/tub itself was sound.....one for $35k, the other was $45k. These were plain old 360's, a 1999 and a 2001....... damaged ones with salvaged titles!  I thought that was ridiculous considering a running driving 360 can be had for $65k.
Because of that I thought the Lamborghini would be at least $65k, maybe $75k. I really am curious now, I might change the direction of my current project if they are so much cheaper than I thought.

mtmlambo

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 07:49:51 AM »
My guess is stuff similiar is most likely in the 25-40k range.  Especially since its a 560

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 03:53:34 PM »
You can also use the gm f40 six speed manual , which will bolt up to the 5.3 engine

TNH

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 03:16:25 PM »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 03:18:41 PM by TNH »

wayne

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »
I'm interested, what are you asking for it? Thanks

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 06:17:16 PM »
A gm 5.3 ls4 with tap shift automatic would be perfect !!

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
2009 Gallardo LP560 Project for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 04:50:51 PM »
All,

Got a 2009 LP560 with the following parts that are not included
   Engine and Transmission,
   Front and rear bumper
   Right side quarter is there but with some dents and easy repairable.
Almost every thing else is there though the car was getting ready to be parted out.
My thought was to put a LSx engine and a Porsche transaxle but lost interest. The best part is the LP560 has a clean title. Looking for Best Offer. Please email me with your offer if anyone has a true interest

Thanks
CCIE
Yusha_2000@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:32:39 PM by CCIE »