Author Topic: MERCI PROJECT FOR SALE  (Read 8158 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: MERCI PROJECT FOR SALE
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 10:53:57 PM »
SOLD!

76mx

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2015, 06:43:04 PM »
TNH,
   I have some answers but I wanted to post here instead of a PM because I wanted to publicly say that this was an astute and thoughtful catch by you. For the rest of the Forum, he pointed out that the front Vette wheels were about the same offset as Merci wheels but the rear Vette wheels have about 2-3 inches less offset that the Merci ones. Since the Vette wheels currently line up good with the fenderwell, changing to Merci wheels would stick them out the same 2-3 inches. I said that Vette wheels did not have spacers but this is stock geometry NAERC and it should be designed for the Merci wheel, that something was wrong and I would research it further.
   I looked this car over very closely before I became involved with it and never saw the 2-3 inch spacers in the rear, but they are there. The good news is that the Merci wheels will fit properly. I suppose it is also good news that I never saw the spacers to begin with or I would have thought it to be incorrect and not gotten involved with it. The bad news is that the existing Vette wheels have spacers on the back axle. 

TNH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2015, 02:44:46 AM »
PM sent about wheel fitment

76mx

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 09:53:22 PM »
   Obviously this car did not sell in North Carolina. I have just re-read some of this and my first clue should have been when they wanted to disgust the payment.

76mx

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 09:45:25 PM »
   It does not have spacers behind the Vette wheels. This is an NAERC chassis whose dimensions and geometry have not been changed. I am totally unfamiliar with the Vette offset as opposed to the Merci wheels, but I have to think that they are very similar. Do you have numbers that say differently? The hubface on that chassis has not changed. 

TNH

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 05:18:43 PM »
Does the car currently have large spacers on the wheels?
Just curious because it looks like OEM Murcielago wheels wouldn't fit on there if those Vette wheels are sitting flush to the body without spacers.

76mx

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 09:55:43 AM »
Call me 940-781-5455. I am in Mooresville, N.C. often.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 10:13:35 AM by 76mx »

angelhallo1

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2015, 09:33:26 AM »
Ok great! I would definitely like it to be complete once I get it home. I live in North Carolina. I would like the interior crispy white as well as the exterior. White on white!!! What about rims? Is there any other way we can talk? We need to disgust the payment process!

76mx

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
AH1,
   My shop schedule is booked solid well into next year but paint and interior are the two things that I do not do in-house so those things I could do for you. By coordinating my schedule with both of them only a few weeks ago, I know that they both are not backed up right now so are available.
   Depending on your state (or Country) and whether they are one of almost all that have adapted the SEMA Model Legislation, it will be titled as a Replica, body style Mercilago.
   Speed and sound is up to you and your budget for the engine/transaxle drivetrain. Remember the words of the late Mickey Thompson "Speed is expensive, how fast do you want to go?". Fortunately that is not quite as true with a relatively lightweight car. The simple power to weight calculation will tell you everything you need to know about how fast, 400HP-500HP is all you need.   

angelhallo1

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 12:03:05 AM »
I'm interested in buying this project from you. I have a few questions. Will you do the interior as well as paint the car? Also what will the title read as? How fast will it go? How will it sound compared to the original car?

s.pearcy

• Liked: 3
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 09:56:49 PM »
@rob James I'm hoping to put the body on my fiero but if things change I will certainly let you know.              Stephen
Selective exitation transfer due to possible saturation exposure.

76mx

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 12:41:55 PM »
I can get it to the L.A. area in November after the Phoenix race if that will help.

Rob James

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 12:05:05 PM »
S.Pearcy I may be interested in buying your stretched Fiero, if that assists you in your decision to buy the G-28 from 76 mx? How much are you asking, and can you post pictures? Or better yet, send them via PM or email. I'm on the West Coast too, so we aren't too far apart. Let me know your thoughts?

Rob,  ::beers

76mx

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 11:35:17 AM »
Spearcy,
   Glad to answer. From the looks, I am going to say that it is a G-28. It does not have the odd features of the G-24 but my info on this car is scarce. It is mounted in a few places but that only means that there are a few bolt holes in it, easily repairable and removable with no damage. Shipping is going to be $500-$1,000 based on past experience but I will not crate it for free, that may run another $500.

s.pearcy

• Liked: 3
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 12:10:03 AM »
Excuse my inexperience, but is your body the g24 or g28? Is it already mounted on your frame? Can it be removed from your frame without too much damage? Can you post more pics of the body at different angles and How much would it cost approx to ship it to portland or.? tnx
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:11:42 AM by s.pearcy »
Selective exitation transfer due to possible saturation exposure.