Author Topic: 1980 Diablo Roadster Replica, 22000 miles for $54,900 for sale currently on eBay  (Read 13540 times)

AsantiLP

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
maybe that was my mistake because yes i can have a set made for about 100, i cant say the quality is nearly as good as what is being sold on here, but why pay a guy 400. if we continue the cost at that rate, we will spend 100k to complete a replica.

So, yes, those replicas you saw going for 55k and 95k were probably built with the high quality expensive parts, so you can't expect that person to sell it for 20k after he spent twice that much just for parts to build it, right? And what about labor cost, wheels, paint, interior etc? You said it yourself, it would cost us $100k if we are using those high quality parts. Trust me if someone is asking 95k for a replica it will most likely not be built on a fiero and it will be a very high quality custom chassis build. That still doesn't mean he will get 95k but I bet that must be a very nice car :)....Now, if you want to buy a complete replica for $20k then you are getting what you paid for, which is a replica built with those cheap parts that are made in "45" minutes, so then when you drive your "affordable" lambo replica, don't be surprised when that hinge breaks and your door falls off the car when you open it in front of people lol

I do understand your frustration though...I saw many replicas for sale where buyer wants a crazy amount for a car that is just a joke, but trust me an intelligent person will never buy that car. Seller has a right to post whatever price he wants but if what he is selling is "crap" then nobody will buy it and sooner than later seller will realize they are way off on the price and will most likely lower it. If someone does buy it, then let them, because they were stupid enough to do so. Why should you care, right? It's their money and they can do whatever they want with it.

Personally, I would never buy a replica without seeing it in person and test driving it first. If you are spending more than 20k on a car, why not spend $500 more for an airplane ticket to make sure you don't waste your money on garbage. Just my 2 cents :)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:56:34 AM by AsantiLP »

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
More wrong information. I never said that anyone was going to be sued by anybody.

faker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 26
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
btw sorry, spelling and punctuation is horrible, i am useing one of the first smart phones at the moment with a really small screen. anyway im out of here fellas im gone ill delete the thread, good luck on your builds and again if i hurt feelings its just from my experience and believe it or not i have been creeping around here for different information for years so only my opinion. anyway seeya guys around good luck.

faker

• Liked: 26
wait, seems i may have offended some people, yes sorry but 45 minutes is correct, ill try and get the video from him so you can see them being made, thats the problem, its only this group that i really see it, you cant expect that price tag and actually think your gonna sell your car, im sure somebody stupid will do it of course, but then again just saying, look around, its only with the people linked here, literally you guys, 76 mx im not even gonna get started lol your the same guy i believe who thought the sky was falling and we would all be sued by Lamborghini lol so i will pass on arguing with you. second purple  i respect your build and quality you bring to the table is hands down amazing, again the moral of my post is you will consistently see people selling replicas online for 95k or 55k lets get real fellas yes purple your build has a full dairy backing it up and quality work, but people are selling 1980 feiros lol with yes thousands into them for an extremely large amount with zero history, nothing verifying that the car was built with quality, they take a quick video of the car rolling.

again this was not a way of hijacking a post, i will move forward, its just an opinion, you guys must remember its not only "your way" of doing things, door hinges are made a couple different ways, maybe that was my mistake because yes i can have a set made for about 100, i cant say the quality is nearly as good as what is being sold on here, but why pay a guy 400. if we continue the cost at that rate, we will spend 100k to ccomplete a replica. my last post was very strong, i appologise for expressing my self the way i did on this thread. PurpleLP and notnilc20 if im correct you both where extremely supportive to me so please i don't want to ruffle your feathers because i am very thankful for your support when i bought my build, lets continue on with this thread and ignore any further comments, i shouldn't have opened my mouth. I also appologise for posting this on the wrong thread it was never intended for this thread it was for the Diablo that was posted on ebay that had all the secret issues and bad storys behind it. Sorry lets move on.

mhotmarkx1

• Liked: 9
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
No i did not buy the car because i did not want to invest 50K and then not be able to be roadworthy. I have done more research and the builder has also notified the Canadian police as to this mess. So i am a little reluctant to purchase this car.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
And the funny part is if I were to make a set for someone I would have to charge $600 plus just to make it worth my time. And I'd love to see a set that was made in 45 min! Either that guy is the greatest Machinist that ever was, or has a plethora of CNC's programmed and ready to rock! Minus a CNC it would take me close to 45min to make a pair of worthy pins for the hinges! I PROMISE you that! And no I am not slow, and yes custom made machined parts are very expensive, and for a reason! I consider it a slap in the face to what I do when people consider the prices associated with the work being done atrocious!

Stay Classy!!!  ::tongue
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

76mx

Here is an odd thing. Lambo hinges are an outrageous $300, and yet when I make a quick check of street rod catalogs, the cheapest generic hinge that I can find is $349.95.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
Make hinges for $60-$100? lol! You really need to open your eyes bud, I just bought a set for $300 myself because it was such a ridiculous steal of a deal! To put it into perspective I am a Toolmaker by trade and when I was offered a set of hinges for $300 I jumped at the deal because I knew it was well worth the money! I can barely buy that material and machine those parts for that cost paying myself nothing. If anyone thinks I or anyone else overcharges for parts being made simply do not buy from that person, it's that easy!  ;)  Fact of the matter is we are all building cars and even when parts seem excessively overpriced try to put yourself in that persons shoes and think of the time they have taken away from there dream car to help you make your dream car a reality!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

76mx

Faker,
   Please do expose me. Have I ever sold a replica for less than $55,000? How about $65,000? Was the one that was two cars ago $106,000? There is a world outside of this Forum.

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
I got some fine ocean front in Nebraska but only As soon as i see a new oem set of LP640 tail lights for $1300. Not the 6.2 style and not just one of them. Plus that one was still $500 more than what was said so basically he just proved my point. Also sorry to the OP that his thread got hijacked.

minihawn

• Liked: 84
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Fate has no choice

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
You get all these fly by night guys with opinions that doesn't really matter.  What matters is what someone is willing to pay and if they believe they are truly getting a good deal then so be it.  Now a few years back a real Diablo could've been had for around 65-70k....them days are long gone and if you do find a lambo that cheap be prepared to spend big on up keep and actually enjoying the car. 

I think a lot of people haven't researched what's happened to lambo prices in the past few years . Real Diablo were selling at $65-70k, now today they are $300-350k.  You just can't get a real one anymore for anything near the cost of a replica

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
You get all these fly by night guys with opinions that doesn't really matter.  What matters is what someone is willing to pay and if they believe they are truly getting a good deal then so be it.  Now a few years back a real Diablo could've been had for around 65-70k....them days are long gone and if you do find a lambo that cheap be prepared to spend big on up keep and actually enjoying the car. 

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
I will probably get booted off here for this but im tired of holding back. 1 i been on this for a little while now, my best friend built a lp640 coupe completely from the ground up, and yes do to the fact he did have the knawladge and skill it cost him a boat load less. but first i want to say you have alot of great great builders on here so this is not knocking your work.

number 1, im tired of seeing replicas for 95k and 55k, a set of door hinges my friend could replicate in 45 minutes going for 400 bucks when the price to build a good set it like 60 maybe 100 and please don't bother to argue this with me i know, i promise.

small fiberglass parts going for 800 or 900 i actually had a guy quote me like 1300 bucjs for a set of replica tail lights, give me a break i can buy a actual set of lp640 lights for that.
You cant expect to get 60 or 70k or 95k for a replica, sorry but if your buying into that you have built your self up way way too much, yup its a shocker right lol seriously guys come on get real.

you can almost buy a used one for that price, and if i dont't get banned for this post, im.gonna start exposing people when i see people post a replica at that price.

let me give you an example, i buy a lets just say a Audi and i fix it up swap a new motor etc, its old though, has some miles but even though i dropped 10k in it, im not getting anymore than blue book.

im sick at the fact people are doing this, and just saying, you might as well kick me off now. ok so i spoke my mind, now im gone.

There is no blue book for these cars. A well done build is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If someone puts years and years and thousands of dollars into one build then naturally they will price it accordingly. If then someone buys it, what difference does it make to you? You don't have to buy it.  Your Audi engine swap example is not even remotely relevant. Also, if you can find good condition oem lamborghini LP640 tail lights for $1,300 a set, then i've got some ocean front property in Nebraska i'll sell you really cheap.