Author Topic: Help with OEM roof placement  (Read 7922 times)

minuteman3282

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Help with OEM roof placement
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 11:54:43 AM »
I am missing the wing and uprights for the wing, the lower panels for the rear fenders, the scoops that go in front of the rear wheels, the third break light piece that goes on the roof, dash and center console. All was paid for but I will never get them from him. What's the worst part about it all, is that I paid for a 670 body and got a 640.

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 282
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »
Sorry to hear that things worked out that way for you bud.
I also had a similar experience with Cliff.  What panels do you need still?

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 11:49:42 AM »
Wow that's too bad that it had to come to that, if you need any help sourcing your missing panels let us know and we can help.  What exactly are you missing?
Pedro

minuteman3282

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 11:45:05 AM »
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the great info. I will work with the fenders and see where that will get me as far as where the roof should be setting and go from there.

I'm still missing several panels of the body and wing that I have paid for. The last convo I had with Cliff pretty much ended with him telling me to go F&*K myself and I would not be getting anything else from him. I hate it ended that way with him because his work is really outstanding. Things just got out of hand in his life and I paid for it I guess. That's what happens when you rob Peter to pay Paul and that's what happened to him. He's a great guy but a very poor business man, my opinion only.

I will start a build diary soon as I got enough to post about.

Again, thanks guys for all the helpful input.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 10:19:16 AM »
Cut the upper corners off of the firewall.

Cut off the top of the front dash and heater/defroster unit.

Install a 2" wide track coil-over suspension kit.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 10:25:20 AM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 09:18:29 AM »
You can use small pieces of fiberglass or sheet metal with self tappers to bridget across panels. You will have a hole to fill later from screw but I really don't know any other way to get the whole body mocked up. Paint sticks work well as panel spacers.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 09:05:22 AM »
I agree with what Mike and Adrian said above, mount your fenders and then adjust from there.  Glad to see that you got your kit, will sure love to see more of your build!
Pedro

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 08:58:23 AM »
Here are some pictures that might help you locate the firewall, although I do not think it will line up with the Fiero.  I wish I could help you with the other measurements but I am also working with a kit and don't know if mine are the same as the OEM.  Assemble the whole body and see how it fits over the wheels, from there you can adjust it front to back and up and down to get it to sit right.  It's a lot of work and it will take you several times to get it right.  Let me know if there is anything else that you need.
Pedro

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 08:41:30 AM »
Hi there,

Glad to see you finally got your parts. I think I remember you going through some trouble getting all of your body panels.
AB is right.Try and get your front fenders and bumper and hood temporarily mounted and center the front wheels in the wheel well.  This will give you a pretty close idea as far as front to back placement.  As far as the height in the front of the roof I am not really sure. Maybe you could try and message cliff and ask him. I didn't know that the back of the roof was supposed to be 43.25" so you helped me out there! thanks ::thumbup I am at this stage now as well. I have had my body on and off a dozen times to trim metal and then mock it up again.  I am building on an MR2 so I can't really help with dimensional info.

Good luck and try to start a build thread if you haven't already. We love following the builds!

Mike

AdrianBurton

• Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 08:22:40 AM »
I think that if you temp mount the front fenders you will see how far fwd you have to mount the body

minuteman3282

Help with OEM roof placement
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 07:57:57 AM »
Having some trouble getting the roof set like it should be. I need some advice on what to do or what I'm doing wrong or missing. Do the smaller passenger windows set before or after the firewall? I have been told the firewall is suppose to be moved forward, more straight up than the original Fiero firewall is set at. What are the dimensions between kick plates (?) front and back? (the width of the body between the doors from one side to the other) I have a height of 43.25" that was given to me by Cliff Miller for the rear of the roof. I have rubbed of the front height I had marked on the roof from moving it around, so I need help on what it is suppose to be. Any help at all would be great right now. If I can get the roof set where it is suppose to be I think I can set the rest of the panels on correctly. Thanks in advance for any help with my roof.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I am working with a '88 Fiero frame with a 10.5" stretch per Cliff Miller.