Author Topic: Project Chaos - Bat Wings  (Read 5088 times)

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Re: Project Chaos - Bat Wings
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 08:52:40 PM »
X2 add me to the list... I'm already getting enough stuff might as well add this to the list ;D

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 08:23:42 PM »
Mike I'd be interested in the side moulds I'm surprised no one else said anything but I didn't see the post until now for some reason.

Seems easy enough with the moulds, if the mould has the shape of the the top of the wing I would just need to set it on and add the glass underneath.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:33:23 PM by Tallon »

jb1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 01:47:02 AM »
personally I believe it would  sale better ( or at least I would  prefer to buy ) a complete  set of bat wings....   for the  probable cost difference  seems it would be better  to have  a  whole  set instead of  piecing them together..  what would you charge for a complete of bat wings vs. just the sides?

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 01:10:21 AM »
I can make moulds of my batwing sides if anybody wants them. The sides that Rob sells (and Joe) are actually moulded from my original sides, but the curvature is wrong, and so is the front profile.
I will post a video of my batwings working, so you guys can see how the side curve matches the pocket recess. When the wing is down, there is a 3/16" gap between the body and the wing. When the wing is up, there is a 3/16" gap between the side and body. The wing sides are 5" long.
I can either make moulds of the sides, or make a mould of each complete wing and just sell wing sets. Which would you guys want?
If I made a mould of the sides, they can be used by one member, then shipped to the next, then the next and so on. To make a good mould that would produce about 35 sides each would cost about $40ea. ($80/pair).

Tallon

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 05:00:28 PM »
Hm I have the supposedly low quality 'car kit inc' body and my batwing curvature is fine, and they have their bodies laying out in the sun to cure not supported by anything
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:58:15 PM by Tallon »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 12:27:02 PM »
I have not attempted the batwing yet, just gathering experiences from everyone else. But my question, are you in Arizona? Just curious because you said you borrowed Rob's mold, is Rob making them to sell? I have his number I guess I could just send him a text and ask. What body is everyone using?

powerslave

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 12:05:18 PM »
I'm in the middle of my bat wings now and I had a huge problem with the curvature of the wing not matching with the body and engine cover.  I made a metal frame work 3 times before finally getting it to match.  I also found out that you can sort of re-form the fiberglass by setting it out in the sun for a few hours.  Rob actually let me borrow the bat wing side mold, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it work because it doesnt seem to match my curvature, but I might be trying it this weekend.  I may end up attempting to make the sides from scratch.  Another thing I noticed is that there isnt very much depth for the bat wing side to tuck into the body.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Tallon

Re: Re: Project Chaos - Project Chaos - Bat Wings
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »
I'd definitely buy a mold :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:26:01 PM by No Bull »

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: Re: Project Chaos - Project Chaos - Bat Wings
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »
I don't know if he's selling them or not, but you might want to check with Rob to see if he's offering the Bat Wing side panels that Joe from Inland was making at one time.  I have a set and from what I can tell, they are really good parts that are going to work out nicely.  Many guys have the fiberglass skills to build them on their own however I'm not there yet so I try to find pre-made parts to help me move my project along.

Chris

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:26:18 PM by No Bull »

Tallon

Project Chaos - Bat Wings
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 03:44:40 PM »
USMC_Butler Wrote - This is what I was wanting to do with the batwing using Chevy uplander electric rear window motors, the plan is to tie the ducting into the rear radiators for better cooling.

Lamborghini Murcielago supercar replica Batwing video

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:56:57 PM by Tallon »