Author Topic: door seal  (Read 2334 times)

drumseven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • Heath Youmans
Re: door seal
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 02:48:58 AM »
Hey sam how's thing's going buddy, hope that Beauty you built is treating you good ,so yeah frustrating,that's a good word for it ,well  nature of the Beast right,na it's all good ,i know all to well the  trial and error deal ,just kinda putting out feelers see if guys were tending to use a particular size,i have a CD body so if ya know much about them ,you know the doors would fit better on a chevy pick-up truck !lol just trying to get my doors finished up the last big hurdle before final Body work  and Paint,but always appreciate the top shelf advice, will keep pushin on and get to my unveiling party thanx again, and Patrick thank you I'll hit ya up, Drum

Sybersonix

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 12:25:39 AM »
i have the rubbers and seals for roadster, contact me if interested. let me kno what your wanting?
Patrick

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 04:12:07 PM »
Hey Drum, I hate to say it but there is really no specific size for you to use, mainly because there are so many variables to consider, it depends on what maker body you have, and door gap positioning, fiberglassed channel thickness and after Paint and body work will all play a factor,  What works for others may not work for you, It’s just going be a trial by error, I have went through countless of sizes, and it became a bit frustrating, I ended up using a 3/8 I believe (smaller than oem) and on the bottom area I had to cut some of the bulb off, I bought like 1 foot sample pieces of different sizes from my local interior supply shop and tried them in different areas of the door.... What a pain!...lol, I thought I had it dialed in but after paint and body work that played a major role... just my .02
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:32:17 PM by lambo_sam »

drumseven

• Liked: 3
  • Heath Youmans
door seal
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »
Hey guys, what size bulb seal or weather striping are you using on your Diablo's ,i have 5/8"from jc but it seams a bit large so i just got 3/8 or there calling it 9/32 from mcmaster carr and it seams a bit small, just wondering what will work best on the roadster and were you may have purchased from .  Drum,