Author Topic: Long time researcher  (Read 7308 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: Long time researcher
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2017, 09:46:14 PM »
Vanorin,
   Actually yes there is much news. I have known for several weeks that the first body was at least another four months off, not necessarily the fault of Carlos. I have just learned in the last few days that the first body is not coming, again not necessarily the fault of Carlos. All of the Aventador stuff that has been accumulating here is leaving soon, and I am not sad to see it go. When it appeared that I would be contracted to build several of them, I was looking forward to that project in spite of the fact that it would take away time and effort from my Chupacabra project. Still, I would have greatly enjoyed the challenge of that project. Now that the decision not to proceed has been made for me, I readily admit that my time and effort for the near future can be more sensibly spent on the Chupacabra. 

Vanorin287

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »
76mx --
Any update on the bodies from Carlos? I am curious to see where the situation stands now, from last we spoke.

76mx

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 08:48:24 PM »
Thank you Vanorin, and your twenty bucks is on the way.

Vanorin287

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 10:04:03 AM »
Just an update for anyone interested in builds -- Charley is the man. He is very detailed, thorough, and provides his honest opinion. We talked on the phone for a great deal of time, and he was clear and concise. Wish there were more people like him in this niche.

Hopefully the slow-down of the Aventador Kit clears up and we can see some truly amazing builds happen. It's really awesome to browse these forums and see all the great builds. Since I can't really offer much advice on build/mechanical issues, I feel like a total leecher  ???

If any of you guys need assistance with anything electrical (need pcb designs/boards), or software (mobile/web/applications) let me know -- will provide guidance or code something up  ;D

Looking forward to seeing some new builds!

aventcar

• Liked: 214
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 10:28:33 AM »
Tusabes --
Understood. Really like your idea of driving a replica and seeing how it goes. Would anyone here be cool with letting me drive theirs?
::beers

aventcar --
Nice to meet you. If you require some assistance with electronics / software, let me know. I might be able to assist.

76mx --
Let me know when you have a few mins to chat, I can give you a quick call.

Even if I can't contribute in regards to mechanical help, more than happy to help anyone here on the forums with electrical/software issues; not just limited to cars. If there is some funky behavior on the dash, I can reverse engineer the firmware and prob. get close to original functionality.
thanks Vanorin287 i will let you know if i require guidance from you , i have a lot of draws and diagrams focused on the interiors especially on the dashboard and instrument panels to give more realisms to my proyect. :)

76mx

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 09:25:59 AM »
I answer 24/7 but will be occupied most of Friday making the final body plans and most of the weekend with a client picking up a GT40.

Charley Strickland
940-781-5455

Vanorin287

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 09:04:22 AM »
Tusabes --
Understood. Really like your idea of driving a replica and seeing how it goes. Would anyone here be cool with letting me drive theirs?
::beers

aventcar --
Nice to meet you. If you require some assistance with electronics / software, let me know. I might be able to assist.

76mx --
Let me know when you have a few mins to chat, I can give you a quick call.

Even if I can't contribute in regards to mechanical help, more than happy to help anyone here on the forums with electrical/software issues; not just limited to cars. If there is some funky behavior on the dash, I can reverse engineer the firmware and prob. get close to original functionality.

aventcar

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2017, 10:42:06 AM »
Soon i go put new pictures of my best parts and  my buid dairy on my  turnkey car
 :)
ZF
how much for the head lights?
i sellingfor $ 1,500 us dlls only for my kits customers and $ 2,600 us dlls others ,i go to prepare a new pack for my kit abouth interiors the console buttons panel and the universal instrument panel replica based on the new models ( centenario and new 2017 aventador ) with the big rpm gauge digital light replica  if will be a cost of  $1,400 us dlls.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:44:14 AM by aventcar »

ncrazyballa

• Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 07:25:44 AM »
Soon i go put new pictures of my best parts and  my buid dairy on my  turnkey car

how much for the head lights?

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 11:37:23 PM »
Aventcar is Carlos .

he has had a terrible Time delivering an actual product . I think there was only one body he managed to deliver to Europe .

In the kit car world , no one wants to answer hours of questions without a deposit in hand . All the companies you mentioned (super replica , roblp640, carkitinc) are either scanners or long gone .

76mx and aventcar are not scammers . But they will want a deposit and also don't have a product ready to buy and take home today . They will also cost you way more then $50k to finish if hiring someone to do the work .

I don't think you fully recognize that 97% of builds , even ones where tons of progress have been made , are eventually abandoned and it becomes a nightmare rather than a dream . Even this sites founder abandoned his build . For these reasons I recommend you buy a running /driving replica you can test drive and inspect . You can enjoy it today and make small improvements to personalize it , since no kit car is ever "done ". They are all projects .  You won't find a completed aventador but can find running and driving replica diablos and murcielago in the $30-40k range . Check eBay motors kit car subcategory

aventcar

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 11:22:21 PM »

aventcar

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 11:15:22 PM »
It was a some time with 2 complete kits on stock here in mexico, finally with my  permanent resident resolved and almost all clue  parts of the Aventador kit that give this proyect the correct look on the interiors and exteriors ,lights, dash board buttons ,the correct and exact electronic instrument panel (rpm,speed,gas battery ,oil presure,wather temp).
I apologhize with all customers waiting for my kit ,im was resolving this last 11 monts mentioned problems ,and if my customers  can see the better form ( i have your main problems resolved " lights dash board and instrumen panels" im not only a fiberglass worker how the most members who put a simple fiberglass kit  ,im designer and a person focused on resolve the main on this Aventador proyect: finally the visual quality .

ncrazyballa

• Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 05:53:53 PM »
carlos still hasnt gotten bodies in the US? I think carl/duraflex has the first body that i ever made, its been fixed up some. I also machined a few pieces for him. If so essentially youre getting my kit thats been refurbished. poor carlos.

Vanorin287

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 12:47:44 PM »
76mx --

Ok, got it - 6/30/2017 is the deadline to let you know regarding the Aventador from Carlos. If Carlos is unable to give a firm delivery date, does that mean Duraflex will be providing the Aventador mold? If so, can we change it to a different model that Duraflex has produced before, at least gives us some known quality and not an experiment. Let me know your recommendation.

In the next few days, I'll start cleaning up my research and will send some questions your way. If things seem like they are going well, let's schedule some time to meet. I'd love to come check out all the stuff you've got going; if an NDA is required I'll be more than happy to sign it. :)

AdrianBurton --

Thanks. You're absolutely right. I have an excel sheet, divided into categories of pretty much what you described. It's only a rough draft from researching, the prices are ball park. We did something similar for the hybrid-electric car build, but that like I said was a team effort.

Everything people have said here makes a lot of sense, which is good. Gives me faith that people aren't out there to just get the cash and run.

I sent a few messages to other "builders" found on Google, and their responses were kind of like "eh go away" type, or CASH CASH CASH NOW, NO TALK ONLY CASH… Like for real?Joker:) Who's stupid enough to wire $30,000 without knowing anything about them.

76mx

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 09:41:20 AM »
Vanorin,
   Next Friday, a week from today, is when we intend to have the final head count for Carlos. After that, it is time for him to give a firm delivery date and put up or shut up. I still have my FIA (Formula One) and Nascar Mexico licenses and professional sports is not tariffed at the border, so I can bring my racecar hauler into Mexico and get his bodies without the fiasco of his last sale.
   What there is of the Chupacabra is on YouTube. I have allowed that advertisement and a few media stories, but have not pursued other publicity until I have the fourth and final prototype done, and can show the exact model for sale.

Charley