Author Topic: Made some progress on my TT reverse rotation LS1 drivetrain  (Read 2043 times)

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Re: Made some progress on my TT reverse rotation LS1 drivetrain
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 06:55:09 PM »
Coming along nicely TP.  Do you plan on installing rubber/neoprene mounts for the trans/engine?   Jim

The engine/trans will be solid mounted, the differential will be neoprene mounted....

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: Made some progress on my TT reverse rotation LS1 drivetrain
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 10:03:39 PM »
Coming along nicely TP.  Do you plan on installing rubber/neoprene mounts for the trans/engine?   Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Made some progress on my TT reverse rotation LS1 drivetrain
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 09:28:04 PM »
My Fiero trans lasted  2500 miles behind the my sbc then decided to pop on me 2 weeks ago. I did some soul searching and decided to go forth with the th425 reverse rotation, twin turbo LS drivetrain setup. I just purchased another used Fiero trans to replace the broken one and while the motor/trans was out I thought I would take of advantage of the empty engine compartment in the Diablo.

I got the LS mockup and the TH425 set in place and started building a new cradle to hold it all. I got the basic lay out of the cradle cut, bent, and tack welded together. I set in a couple of the different differentials of the four I have up in there to get some ideas on how to mount them and which one may be better than the other.

This coming week I will be replacing the SBC/Fiero trans back in the Diablo to get going again, it sucks not being able to drive it! As well on finishing up the welds, adding some more bracing on the cradle. And hopefully finalizing what differential I going to use or try to find something else. The diffs I have now all each have something good about them but each also have something I dont like. So I still dont have the "perfect" differential yet, but since I was able to put the drivetrain in the car and see how it fit (great btw) I now have a good idea what I need.
Hopefully a pic will post:

If not you can check out a bunch of pics on my flickr page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31604886@N08/