Author Topic: Car Cover  (Read 3986 times)

Ccemn1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Car Cover
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 06:37:34 PM »
PS. My car will have a rear wing on it, that I bought from Ron.
I mounted it temporarily, just to get the whole thing back to Ron, but 3" will be cut off the uprights and it will be painted to match the car, after Ron gets it. This will probably figure in to what ever cover I get.

Ccemn1

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 06:31:29 PM »
If you find your second cover and are interested in selling it, please let me know?
Some more Pics of my poor car. I'm going to send it back to Ron in Canada in a couple months. Probably cost me a fortune. Living here in Key West is nice, but I have had nothing but nightmare experiences, with those trying to pass themselves off as mechanics here.
I think part of the problem is, it's actually three different cars, an '85 Fiero, NAERC Roadster, and '07 Gran Prix 3.8 SC motor.
I figure no one knows the car like Ron, since he built it, and he's probably my only hope of ever getting it right again.
I've spoken to Ron at length and purchased many parts from him, so I know he knows what's going on, and is a great guy.
Anyway, here's my car.

Ccemn1

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 03:24:30 PM »
This was Ron's car #3. It was sold to a guy in Texas 12 years ago then stolen & trashed!
A guy in Louisiana bought it at the insurance auction & attempted to rebuild it.
I bought it from him 2 years ago & am attempting the same.
I'll post more Pics when I get to my computer.

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 02:01:48 PM »
I have 2 of them. let me see if I can find the extra one. They are not that expansive sometimes you can find them for under $300
keep an eye out on ebay

CCIE
PS love your Roadster please post more pictures. Was this the last Roadster Ron was working on few years back and was not painted?

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 12:04:43 AM »
I took a Gallardo indoor cover I bought from ebay for $100 bucks, The front up to behind the cabin fit like a glove! Even the mirror pockets fit!, Only when it came to the rear of course the diablo is a bit longer and wider, I made some cuts to the cover in the rear area, and found very similar fabric from a home hobby store cheap! and used a sewing machine and altered the rear to fit just right.

4 by

Ccemn1

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 07:59:13 AM »
Should I assume that the stretchy, factory, OEM, Diablo cover is a couple thousand bucks?
I'm just looking something that fits, instead of the tarp-like cover I have on it now in the garage, that isn't going to cost me a fortune.
I'm sure there's something somewhere from China, that's only a couple hundred bucks, that's as good as the OEM, just like China is doing with everything.

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 01:18:03 AM »
Just want to point this out that the NAERC Diablo roadster is not Dimensionally correct to a real Diablo roadster. But you can get the Factory/OEM stretchy Diablo Roadster car cover to fit it. I had an OEM roadster car cover that fit my Top Gun Roadster

CCIE

Ccemn1

Car Cover
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 04:14:51 PM »
I would like to find a reasonable, decent, fitted, indoor car cover for my Ron Dolling Diablo Roadster. Most probably know that it is dimensionally identical to the real car. I would like something fitted, don't want one of the cheap bags, but I don't consider $600.00 reasonable for an indoor cover.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?