Build Diaries > Murcielago

Murcialago Newbie Needs Help!

<< < (3/3)

MurciMan97:
 ::wave Hello everyone, I just found this forum today and I hope you guys can give me the guidance that I need. I have a Murcialago Replica built on a stretched Fiero Chassis that I bought about 15 years ago. I had no idea what I was getting into when I bought the car, and I have pourse tons of money in it over the years trying to make it into a functional, "normal" car that I can drive. Ive had good times in it and bad, and I eventually stopped driving it because it seemed like there was always a problem one way or another, batter drain, ac going out, leaks, just something and its a real pain when it stops on me somewhere because of course everyone is circling taking pictures. I put it in storage about 5 years ago and I havent had the desire to try to get the needed repairs/mods until now.

The main issues I have with the car are:
1. The Doors have door poppers, but the only way to lock the doors is to cut the power to the car completely. Last I checked the door poppers had gone completely out so I couldnt even open the doors..smh I just want to be able to lock and unlock the doors like a regular car
2. The windows are either in or out, they dont go up and down like regular car windows. I want regular windows that go up and down..lol
3. No power steering. I know Fieros didnt have it, but I am willing to do a complete engine swap and whatever else is necessary to get power steering
4. AC stopped working, it worked before, probably the compressor
5. Batter kept draining. I had an electrical guy do some repairs a long time ago and he told me that whoever built the car did a sloppy job with the wiring and he removed a lot of extra wiring but still did not find the cause of the battery drain
6. Interior could use a few upgrades. I changed out the dash with custom guages, but there are still a few Fiero components that I would like to make look more modern
7. Manual shift. I dont mind that but the gear is tough to move so I would like to fix that as well.

My biggest problem is that I dont have the skill to do any of the repairs myself, and I cant find anyone qualified that can take on the project and really get the work done. Do you all have any recommendations? In a perfect world, I could just ship the car to a qualified shop, we agree on the price of everything I am asking to get done, and they complete the work and receive payment for services. Thanks for reading, any comments and suggestions will be well received.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version