Build Diaries > Murcielago

Murcialago Newbie Needs Help!

<< < (2/3) > >>

MurciMan97:

--- Quote from: AdrianBurton on November 26, 2021, 10:37:47 AM ---MurciMan97, welcome to the club. 
First, where are you located? There may be a few near you that might be able/ willing to help or provide guidance.
Second, I think a few of your needs are going to be rather expensive, for example the windows are going to require quire a bit of work ie expensive.  The AC shouldnt be hard to solve, I would replace the factory with aftermarket.
The battery drain can be found like this
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjR_83Xurb0AhXgnGoFHb6lAE4QtwJ6BAgJEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzdIKNnwEjIs&usg=AOvVaw20TtL1sjEtUN0WCYQu79FB

the power steering can be fixed by adding the prius steering column....

If it were me I would attack them in the order of importance/ need

--- End quote ---

Hi thanks for replying. I'm in Memphis, TN. I really dont have the time or skill to do the work myself, thats why I'm looking to outsource. I dont even have any idea of the associated costs, just off the top of your head, what do you think my list may cost? Of course I dont want to spend an arm and a leg, but I really really want to bring the car up to a level that i can drive it, and I think that will be cheaper than buying a new sports car, or at least I hope it will..lol Let me know what you think, thank you.

MurciMan97:

--- Quote from: Neils88 on November 25, 2021, 07:58:01 PM ---If you find someone to do ALL the work on the list it will likely cost...a lot...  If you don't mind learning to do work yourself then you might be able to make some progress. But it's your money/ budget and your comfort level.

I would suggest that you prioritize your list and then just tackle one problem at a time. Ignore cosmetic issues for now. Probably want to solve the battery drain problem first.... get it running properly first.

Let us know the first thing you want to tackle

--- End quote ---

Thank for your input. When I tell you I have NO skill I mean it..lol I also dont really have time to do it myself because i have to travel for my job so I'm literally only home 3-4 days at a time and I have other things i have to do. Before I traveled a friend and I worked on the car and did as much as we possibly could and when he ran out of ideas we got to a stand still. I will definetly priortize the list though and consensus is that battery drain is first on the list..lol

AdrianBurton:
MurciMan97, welcome to the club. 
First, where are you located? There may be a few near you that might be able/ willing to help or provide guidance.
Second, I think a few of your needs are going to be rather expensive, for example the windows are going to require quire a bit of work ie expensive.  The AC shouldnt be hard to solve, I would replace the factory with aftermarket.
The battery drain can be found like this
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjR_83Xurb0AhXgnGoFHb6lAE4QtwJ6BAgJEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzdIKNnwEjIs&usg=AOvVaw20TtL1sjEtUN0WCYQu79FB

the power steering can be fixed by adding the prius steering column....

If it were me I would attack them in the order of importance/ need

nickmkk:
I agree with Neil, it would cost more than it's worth to have someone do all of that for you.  Some of those items are big fabrication jobs that should have been done the right way when the car was built.  I'd just tackle the a/c, electrical, and door popper problems and enjoy the rest as is.

Neils88:
If you find someone to do ALL the work on the list it will likely cost...a lot...  If you don't mind learning to do work yourself then you might be able to make some progress. But it's your money/ budget and your comfort level.

I would suggest that you prioritize your list and then just tackle one problem at a time. Ignore cosmetic issues for now. Probably want to solve the battery drain problem first.... get it running properly first.

Let us know the first thing you want to tackle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version