Author Topic: LamboJayso's OEM Murcielago Build!  (Read 71119 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: LamboJayso's OEM Murcielago Build!
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2013, 09:55:19 PM »
It's off to a great start Jay.. please continue posting pictures and updates

Chris

jamack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2013, 08:04:28 PM »
Murci I have a complete OEM interior PM me and I will be glad to share with you the price and what all is there, if your interested...

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2013, 07:56:08 PM »
For the $40K price, will the car include wide track suspension with big brakes? OEM wheels and taillights? Leather or vinyl interior? How much is it for the full interior pieces?
-$40k will include having custom wheels like mine built to fit. However, they can buy OEM wheels if they choose (they're about the same in cost anyhow). In the event, they opt for OEM wheels then they must as well anticipate either buying wheels spacers or wide track suspensions for their build.
-Taillights yes
-Vinyl, that's what I'll be using in my build.
-Interior pieces will cost $2500
-Jayso

Murci-Me

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2013, 07:36:22 PM »
For the $40K price, will the car include wide track suspension with big brakes? OEM wheels and taillights? Leather or vinyl interior? How much is it for the full interior pieces?

LamboJayso

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2013, 06:04:16 PM »
I've been receiving PM's on this site and the other site about every other day or so from random ppl inquiring about buying my build once it's done. I can say I have no intentions of selling this car. However, if you are as serious as you say you are about obtaining a Murcielago replica, I can help you in the build department. Below are prices for a body or doing a build.

Body:
-$7500
-ALL panel hinges are included

Build:
-$40k (wheels included)
-Price is the same for either a coupe or roadster

About two years ago, I wanted a turnkey Murcielago replica myself but after looking at horribly built ones in person and waiting and waiting for the right one to pop-up. I came to the realization I was going to have to build one myself. Buying a body from me and doing a build under my guidance will be a walk in the park. There's nothing to worry about. Interior panels are in progress
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:10:27 PM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso

LamboJayso

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2013, 05:35:22 PM »
Ok just to update everyone, the body is officially/permanently mounted. The first and second pics below may look similar to the ones I posted back in December but ALOT has been done since. Notice how there aren't any jacks holding up the rockers for starters. The doors are hinged and awaiting glass, regulators, & handles.

The batwings were suppose to have been mounted already but I had a minor setback. I spent all of last week redoing the stretch. It turned out my chassis wasn't totally squared. Which caused the body to sway in one direction. I came up with a simple but effective way to check for chassis squaredness. PM me if you have any questions in that regard.

Just a sidenote, the front wheels still need about a 3/8" wheel spacer. Plus, the car still needs to be lowered about an inch on all four corners. Due to the build, I delayed installing aftermarket suspensions just to keep things factory true. Now that the body is on for good, I can now install the suspensions. The drop and the wheel spacers in the front will make the front wheels fill the opening nicely.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:16:01 PM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso

acmw

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »
any updates  ::headbang ::rocker

LamboJayso

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2013, 09:12:32 PM »
There's a blizzard here in New Jersey so I decided to lock myself in my garage and go to work. The doors are all hinged up and ready for the glass, power window motors, and tracks. They open and close smoothly.

(Pic of my backyard)

(Passenger side hinge mounted w/metal tubing alongside to mount my fender liners)

(Driver side hinge w/some old glue on the fenders, can easily be sanded off)

(Passenger side striker reinforcement)

Btw, that's tape on the wheels to help keep the finish on the lips fresh. I'm going to take a break from the doors and focus on mounting the batwings next.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:15:35 PM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso

LamboJayso

« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »
Here's my first build, I loved the wheels so much I had to get them again  :)

Is that an unmodified G28?
Yea, why what's up?
-Jayso

LamboJayso

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »
Does not ship to Canada!!!! THE HORROR.

Why you guys hate us so much  :(
Lance I saw you received the door hinges yesterday. What do you think of them? Please leave a feedback. Thx

Didn't even know they had arrived. Thanks Jayso. I had to go to our mailbox, which had a key to go to another mailbox, which had inside it a box with a box. I'll do feedback now.

I read that the window track from a 98 Maxima works with 06 Scion Tc rubber trim, but have absolutely no clue as I'm far from getting to my doors. I don't even know if it'll be feasible for me to make working glass with the kit I bought. Still deciding.

Build is looking great Jayso. I am watching in a totally harmless stalker way.
That's cool, we're all here to help each other out.
-Jayso

lance345

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2013, 11:10:23 PM »
Does not ship to Canada!!!! THE HORROR.

Why you guys hate us so much  :(
Lance I saw you received the door hinges yesterday. What do you think of them? Please leave a feedback. Thx

Didn't even know they had arrived. Thanks Jayso. I had to go to our mailbox, which had a key to go to another mailbox, which had inside it a box with a box. I'll do feedback now.

I read that the window track from a 98 Maxima works with 06 Scion Tc rubber trim, but have absolutely no clue as I'm far from getting to my doors. I don't even know if it'll be feasible for me to make working glass with the kit I bought. Still deciding.

Build is looking great Jayso. I am watching in a totally harmless stalker way.

LamboJayso

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2013, 09:44:29 PM »
They're walking by the windows and kicking tires LOL!

Hahahahaha, it figures. Well they can also watch me go to work!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:46:50 PM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2013, 09:37:05 PM »
@Murci Me,  I wanted the look of orginal window channels.
My doors are super thin, copies of the oem diablo doors.  The Thunderbird tracks can be made to work but will require a lot of bending and I would have had to cut my doors because the Thunderbird tracks are about 1 1/2" wide I could be off be a 1/8 give or take.  The oem diablos have a 1/2" aluminum "L" metal bent and the metal door makes up the backside of the channel. 
Also I did not like the way the Thunderbird channels looked and would require me to do extra body work for them to flow into the door.

Murci-Me

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2013, 09:35:32 PM »
They're walking by the windows and kicking tires LOL!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:44:46 PM by Murci-Me »

LamboJayso

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »
Maybe this will help.   ::beers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-Flex-Flocked-Rubber-Glass-Run-Channel-for-Universal-for-Buses-RV-Windows-/180927514093?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a201ec5ed&vxp=mtr

Chris

Oh wow, thx No Bull.

Let me know how it turns out and if it works well, you might want to consider bending up some "window track kits" for the body you'll be selling and buy the molding in bulk.  You could use aluminum (preferred if you can weld it) or a light weight square steel tubing which will make it easy to bend and then remove the strip out of top.

Chris

Considered! I would love to see more Murcie builds on here too. It's starting to feel lonely being the center of attention. WHERE ARE THE KIT BUYERS/BUILDERS?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:36:18 PM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso