Author Topic: Back up cameras  (Read 915 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: Back up cameras
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »
Like Mike I bought a set of the cameras off Ebay for around $20 each.  I'm seriously considering running one in the rear of the car (I have the rear grille that is set up for a back up camera) one up front and integrating two small cameras in the rear view mirror that point to the sides of the car.  I've seen a couple DVR's that are in the $300 range and when combined with a 250GB solid state hard drive would be some awesome protection for the idiots that want to mess with your car on the road and in the parking lot.  It would also be cool to play back the video and see / listen to the different reactions in the parking lot (could make for some fun YouTube videos).  I could also set up the DVR up with a 4G / 802.11 wireless connection and monitor my car from my smart phone.  My rear and front cameras would be ran to my stereo in my console that has a LCD touch screen.

Just some things to ponder.

Chris

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Back up cameras
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »
"Ebay" I bought both of mine for $22 each (one in back and one in front, with a selector switch in the glove box  ;))

norcaldiablo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Back up cameras
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 10:14:22 PM »
What are you guys using for back up cameras? I have heard of guys using 360 cameras as well as full recording???

Suggestions?