Author Topic: Murci 3rd Brake light?  (Read 14590 times)

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: Murci 3rd Brake light?
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 02:13:04 AM »
Hahah thanks Chris I do my work on the kitchen island sometimes too - thank god I'm single x_O okay buddy sauder me a complete prong-2 wires setup and Paypal me ASAP (: I want to drive this thing next month already. I appreciate it

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2013, 10:55:09 PM »
Hey chief I reached a stage where I need one of those  ::wave you gonna share the wealth lol?

Ok.. I pulled out my boxes of electrical stuff and set up everything on the kitchen table so I can solder the connections and take some pictures to share.  My wife has given me a deadline for reclaiming her table so I will work on this over the next couple of days.  I'm buying four connectors from String and it's first come first serve at $20 for the plastic connector and the two metal contact inserts and shipping in the 48 states.  Note that these are for the roadster third brake lights which are different from the third brake light on the coupes.

I've posted a complete write up for the LP640 OEM tail lights, the rear OEM side markers, the roadster OEM third brake light and OEM horns. 

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=1252.0

Chris
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:31:00 AM by No Bull »

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2013, 06:05:24 PM »
Hey chief I reached a stage where I need one of those  ::wave you gonna share the wealth lol?

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2013, 09:22:15 PM »
I received the part and yes it's a perfect fit. 

I will try to take some pictures over the next couple of days and post a topic on it for future reference. 

String is one heck of a nice guy and a big thanks goes out to him.  ::beers

Chris

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »
chris. did this thing arrive? what's the verdict! show us a fitment pic (:

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2013, 02:24:26 AM »
you are a gentelman and a schollar  ::headbang I am almost at that stage and you find this!!!  ::beers plz report once you get it  :drool

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2013, 03:47:49 PM »
I think that's a winner and I'll give it a try once it arrives and post something in the electrical section so others have a future reference.

Thanks String

Chris

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »
Ok , here are dimension pictures ,also has a metal tab to lock into the notch in the light body. ::salute
Oooh , Red leather.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 04:44:47 PM »
I do believe I have found it , I will order one and measure it - then I will send your way. ::thumbup

That looks like the right one.   ::thumbup

Please PM me when it comes in and let me know how much it cost and I'll send you my address and we'll figure out how to get a payment to you. 

I appreciate the effort String and personally I think it'll be nice to have this information out there for others who are building Murci roadsters once they get to the point of laying out their electrical systems (they can decide to use it or something else).

Thanks again,

Chris 

String

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »
I do believe I have found it , I will order one and measure it - then I will send your way. ::thumbup
Oooh , Red leather.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
Quit biting your fingernails.  A simple brake light plug isn't worth it! ::headbang ::LAMBO
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 04:25:08 PM »
That is a total bummer , I am having trouble finding a connector that small - here is a pic of one that I have next to each other - but even that one is 9mm x 5mm.
Smallest I have found is these 2 on a parts pic, don't have one to measure.
One more idea is to ask our 'roadster owning member' jonv8944s if he would undertake the task of inspecting his plug connector for a part number...

String,

I think that's the trick to solving this and getting someone with a roadster to find a part number and cross reference it.  I've contacted Jon and I might post something out there on one of the Lamborghini owner forums.

Thanks,

Chris

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 04:12:45 PM »
I don't know which is worst, your phone pics or your descriptions.  Give me the width of the hole that the needed plug goes into and the max height of the same plug.  Now the tricky part: Correct me if I have been misinformed but the pins on the brake light are round?  What is the spacing on the two pins?  And the pins are lower than the horizontal centerline?  If the pin spacing is the same as for example: a Speedo cluster plug or an radio plug, could you just grind it down to fit into the light?  or are the pins larger than the type on a radio.  Thanks guys. ;-)  Jim

Thanks for the offer Jim but I want to keep looking for the elusive connector a while longer and make one as suggested if all else fails.  My goal is to locate the factory connector that I hope is an interchangeable part and can be sourced inexpensively.  The connector not only has to fit in there and align with the connectors but also lock in place on the outside and be easily separated  in the future.  I'm still hopeful of locating this part number and documenting here on the site for future reference and complete another piece of the puzzle.   

The pictures were a bit of a challenge given how small the part is but I think they give the general idea of the differences that I was trying to point out.  The pictures of the brake light bars that I added previously are all stock photos borrowed from other websites. 

Thanks,

Chris

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 01:15:00 PM »
I don't know which is worst, your phone pics or your descriptions.  Give me the width of the hole that the needed plug goes into and the max height of the same plug.  Now the tricky part: Correct me if I have been misinformed but the pins on the brake light are round?  What is the spacing on the two pins?  And the pins are lower than the horizontal centerline?  If the pin spacing is the same as for example: a Speedo cluster plug or an radio plug, could you just grind it down to fit into the light?  or are the pins larger than the type on a radio.  Thanks guys. ;-)  Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

String

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 01:06:31 PM »
That is a total bummer , I am having trouble finding a connector that small - here is a pic of one that I have next to each other - but even that one is 9mm x 5mm.
Smallest I have found is these 2 on a parts pic, don't have one to measure.
One more idea is to ask our 'roadster owning member' jonv8944s if he would undertake the task of inspecting his plug connector for a part number...
Oooh , Red leather.