Author Topic: Looking to buy or build a Countach replica......and I'm a newbie......  (Read 5303 times)

dave4what

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 6
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Welcome Dave.  Not sure of the drama with that ebay car, had some others asking my opinion of it.  I think the key is if your really interested in it go see it and test drive it.  I looked at a couple before I bought mine.  You'll discover things that completely stop you from buying that you would have never of thought of.  ie the first one I drove I literally could not fit in being 6 feet tall.   Didn't ask the seller and the seller forgot to about that as well.  Some mechanical issues will always be apparent for fixing and improving and that needs to be something of interest to you and not a frustrating burden that it becomes for many.  Sounds like your skills are up to the task for a turnkey car.  Us enthusiast are very deserve just like the industry with so many great and not so great kits and turnkey cars.  I believe on 3% of the cars ever get completed so they are a tall task at finding them.  Hear are a couple links to video's I did, that may help.
https://youtu.be/9duoN4oSOjM
https://youtu.be/N-c7DyUFLEA
https://youtu.be/MMLAfyEEOjM

Good luck! ::salute

Thank you my friend, the advice and vids are so very much appreciated!

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
Welcome Dave.  Not sure of the drama with that ebay car, had some others asking my opinion of it.  I think the key is if your really interested in it go see it and test drive it.  I looked at a couple before I bought mine.  You'll discover things that completely stop you from buying that you would have never of thought of.  ie the first one I drove I literally could not fit in being 6 feet tall.   Didn't ask the seller and the seller forgot to about that as well.  Some mechanical issues will always be apparent for fixing and improving and that needs to be something of interest to you and not a frustrating burden that it becomes for many.  Sounds like your skills are up to the task for a turnkey car.  Us enthusiast are very deserve just like the industry with so many great and not so great kits and turnkey cars.  I believe on 3% of the cars ever get completed so they are a tall task at finding them.  Hear are a couple links to video's I did, that may help.
https://youtu.be/9duoN4oSOjM
https://youtu.be/N-c7DyUFLEA
https://youtu.be/MMLAfyEEOjM

Good luck! ::salute

dave4what

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies so far, and the warm welcome to your site. As I said in my first message, I was looking for a car that was for sale that may need some work, but I wasn't really looking to build one from scratch, (ie frame, suspension, etc.). I do have decent mechanical skills, and actually re-built my 1969 Corvette from the frame up, but I know Corvettes, not much of anything on replica Lambo's. The fact that the car offered for sale has Corvette parts underneath is a plus for me, as I know those quite well.

I saw the red Lambo on Ebay and the seller actually referred me to this site and said there were a lot of knowledgeable people here who knew a lot about these replicas and were very generous in offering info about replica Lambo's, and I have to agree with him, you've been great. I talked to Charley (76MX) yesterday for quite some time about perhaps having him make me a new car, but I was really looking for one I can get right now and work on this summer, as I'm in Michigan and would like to have a car ready for this years dream cruise on Woodward Avenue, an annual event that draws nearly 1 million people each year.

It seems there is some bad blood between that seller and some of you guys, and that's too bad, everyone has been so friendly, but I understand as in all things in life, problems do happen. Other than the personal issue, is there any reason I should not buy that particular car that you guys can offer, such as John Easton or KMC cars aren't good designs, or Porsche 915 transmissions aren't a good match for the car, etc. I'm really looking to buy a decent car, not marry the guy who is selling the car (I think he's married already anyway)  ::toothy .

Thanks again for your help, and any guidance you can offer me will be greatly appreciated.
Dave, The newbie guy
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:31:10 AM by dave4what »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Welcome to the forum Dave! Stay away from that Red Countach on eBay... guy listed it on here for a very short time. Long story, if you read his eBay add he doesn't much care for us on here  ::scratch
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:43:19 PM by usmc_butler »

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Dave,
   In addition to the references that I am providing regarding myself, please also ask this whole Forum for references on me. I have sold several members here everything from windshields to complete cars. 

Charley

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Scroll down on the "Home Page" to "Build Diaries" Countach.  Welcome to Lamboclone.com

01 Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

dave4what

Looking to buy or build a Countach replica......and I'm a newbie......
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 09:52:43 AM »
Hello,
My name is Dave, I live in Michigan, and I am preferably looking to buy a completed kit Countach that needs work, or is in great shape, either one is fine. I do have mechanical skills and can fix most problems, but doing an entire frame build is not something I want to try if possible. I have 2 real Lambo's, a 206 Huracan 610, and a 2008 Murcielago. I've always wanted a Countach since I was a small boy, like many others, but they were unreachable at that time to me.

With the prices of factory Countach's going through the roof in the past few years, and the fact that they were not really mechanically "friendly" from day one, I am very much interested in finding a replica I can tinker with. I would like to put about a 500-550hp Corvette engine in whatever car I do end up with, and I do know C3 and C4 Corvettes very well, I re-built my 1969 Stingray from the ground up, so I am familiar with them.

There is currently a 1988 replica on Ebay for $40,000 on a tube frame, looks pretty good, but I have no idea if it is a good buy or a goodbye.... Ebay auction #253627926045 being sold by Raflo2 in Washington state) Any help you guys can offer me on this car, or other alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a link on this site to replica builders, or are they all gone now?

Thanks in advance for your help, and good to be on the site!!