The Forum > Other Topics

How many Murcielago Replicas are there in the US?

<< < (2/4) > >>

am33r:
I wanted to put the number on my license plate but I guess you're right lol this thread was worth posting though

notnilc20:

--- Quote from: am33r on May 07, 2013, 11:56:49 PM ---I will research again regarding the number of kits but from what I knew from the IE days, and the info from Rob (whom i bought my kit from), and now that I know Tri-G sold 11 I'll think my G28 is #49 of the west coast mold set

--- End quote ---

Just wondering but what does it matter how many replicas have been completed? Are you just curious? Not trying to be fesicious or anything but there's really no telling how many b/c most bodies that are sold are probably still in someones backyard with a tarp loosely draped over it and tall grass growing in and around it.

am33r:
The timeline of five years of work on the kits assumes 1 completed car per year and 3 partial kit releases. Not an impossible task Murci-me!

I started work on my car 10 days ago and in a few days I can have it driving and soft mounted. With some sanding and paint I CAN have my car on the road within a month and I now have a simple formula for a special kind of an MR2 build.

You have an immaculate build, but it seems that in his case they have gotten a partial build down to a formula too - as inconvenient and incomplete the BASIC Fiero partial build may be - it qualifies as a "build" as much as all of ours do on this forum...

I will research again regarding the number of kits but from what I knew from the IE days, and the info from Rob (whom i bought my kit from), and now that I know Tri-G sold 11 I'll think my G28 is #49 of the west coast mold set.

Murci-Me:

--- Quote from: am33r on May 07, 2013, 01:56:16 AM ---What about all these partially built cars?
http://m587.photobucket.com/albums/robthedog/
That's a lot of cars! His recent video has 5 builds so I don't see why 20 builds in total would seem like a myth!

--- End quote ---

Look at the timeframe of a regular/average build (just over 1 year). Rob has ben "building" (if you can call it that) for about 5 years. So, he is consistently turning out 4 finished cars per year, every year?
His video may show 5 builds, but they are not his builds and they were not all done in one year. Look at all the cars Supereplica's has built, and they cant even keep up with Robs progress!!!!!

BigPines:

--- Quote from: dratts on May 07, 2013, 05:50:13 PM ---I think that I have the only turbo ls4 Murci roadster in the world.  It's been licensed and driven for four years, but I always find more things to do on it.  Are they EVER finished?

--- End quote ---

I'd love to see pictures of your build. Are they available anywhere? I am particularly interested to see your motor/tranny setup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version