Author Topic: Aventador body  (Read 7277 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Aventador body
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 11:22:41 PM »
no worries, no offence taken  ::wave

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »
I didn't mean anything by the comment, I just thought it was interesting... You built a great looking replica but taking something with 150-200hp motor somewhere that works on 500+hp cars to change the oil just seemed odd to me.
It sounds like its a great way to network. I just havnt heard of a lot of mechanically talented people that out source their own oil service....

Murci-Me

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 05:24:31 PM »
I might have all the tools to build a whole car but I also take my car to others for oil change. If u think about it at the end it comes out to the same price. So at least I can spend my time doing other more productive things

Good point. I too have better things to do than lay under my car and change the oil. My hour of time is worth more to me than $30.

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »
I might have all the tools to build a whole car but I also take my car to others for oil change. If u think about it at the end it comes out to the same price. So at least I can spend my time doing other more productive things

Murci-Me

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »
Hey MM takes his cars their for oil changes because it looks like a real one. If I was driving one that looked perfect I would be hanging out at the lambo dealership to, getting to know these guy's good. Get a parts hook up at their prices to. Very smart Mike!!!

Exactly Rob, its not about changing the oil myself its more about making connections and being in the loop. Its also a lot easier to put it on a lift and work underneath, and I don't have to worry about disposing the used oil either. They charge the same as Jiffy Lube, so its a good deal.

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 11:35:34 AM »
They wouldn't be hard to build, I have a ton of pictures and the owner of the Lambo service shop by my house has an Aventador I can look at any time for reference and dimensioning.
That flyboard is crazy btw. Don't kill yourself with it.
Heres my car at the shop with some other lambo's. They do my oil changes and other service there. Do you guys recognize the yellow LP670?  One hint, it has a Polish license plate on it.............and its aftermarket 670 parts.
Anyway, back on topic dammit! (sorry Rob) lol.

You build a great Lambo kit car and you pay someone to change your oil? Just seems strange to me.....

Hehe, it may be illegal to change your own oil in your driveway or garage these days with California laws the way they are. 

Robslp640

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 10:41:26 AM »
Hey MM takes his cars their for oil changes because it looks like a real one. If I was driving one that looked perfect I would be hanging out at the lambo dealership to, getting to know these guy's good. Get a parts hook up at their prices to. Very smart Mike!!!

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 07:35:13 AM »
They wouldn't be hard to build, I have a ton of pictures and the owner of the Lambo service shop by my house has an Aventador I can look at any time for reference and dimensioning.
Heres my car at the shop with some other lambo's. They do my oil changes and other service there. Do you guys recognize the yellow LP670?  One hint, it has a Polish license plate on it.............and its aftermarket 670 parts.

You build a great Lambo kit car and you pay someone to change your oil? Just seems strange to me.....

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 02:49:25 AM »
Hey Rob. Thanks for the G28 Kit  ::headbang I'm almost done w my build.

Gear up the kit to work best with the Boxster - that's the future for these kits - and don't concern yourself with the interior much.

Lemme know when it's ready! I got a hookup on a 97 boxster

Robslp640

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 02:31:39 AM »
I've been trying to find a more accurate lp670 bumper. I like that body style

Murci-Me

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 12:26:27 AM »
Remember the guy who bought the FRP 670 parts and put them on his standard Murcie? He did a thread on the other forum, not MM the one that GMG shut down before this forum Anyway, its his car. Its the car I molded my front bumper and rear wing from. If you look at the pic you can see the car is missing the fender vents on top. It looks really good though in person.

Robslp640

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 12:17:57 AM »
That fly board is insane. Don't recognize the lp670??

Murci-Me

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 11:42:18 PM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:54:31 PM by Murci-Me »

Robslp640

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 11:39:21 PM »
Have not started on interior. Any ideas

Murci-Me

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 11:06:58 PM »