Author Topic: TH325-4L ( toronado, Riviera ) trans matted to a c-5 rear diff.  (Read 2687 times)

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Re: TH325-4L ( toronado, Riviera ) trans matted to a c-5 rear diff.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 09:42:34 AM »
The th325 is the weaker OD version of the th425. You will not be able to run a c5 diff off of it. The TH325/TH425 runs backwards at the output shaft of what a normal transmission runs. Also even if you was to flip the diff to get correct rotation the range of motion of the axles from suspension would smash into the oil pan.

I have done this with a LS3/TH425, there are a couple differentials that you can use to get it to work but it still has its problems. I still have this drivetrain semi-mocked up in my shop if you want some pics let me know...

aeauto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 33
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:28:14 PM »
If you are divorcing the differential from the transmission and using a short driveshaft then you can use any differential that you want to.  The older Corvette or the Ford 8.8  can be used as well as some others.  You just need one from an independent rear suspension.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 04:48:21 PM »
I have not heard of using this particular tranny with the C5 diff. However, the C5 diff connects directly to the tranny so I think you would need some kind of a conversion kit to connect it to a driveshaft instead. I am very interested to know if someone makes such a beast or if there is a part from another vehicle that can be used to do this. I have an application in mind myself where this may be used. ;)
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
TH325-4L ( toronado, Riviera ) trans matted to a c-5 rear diff.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:42:22 PM »
Does anyone have any knowledge of someone using a TH325-4L ( toronado, Riviera ) trans matted to a c-5 rear diff. I would think the vette diff would be much stronger. Thanks Lambo brothers.
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.