The Forum > Other Topics

Jamack's "New LP640 Build" is missing

<< < (2/3) > >>

BigPines:
Thanks for the clarification.

That is a little rich for my blood but it is a totally legitimate option for someone.

Mike

LamboJayso:

--- Quote from: BigPines on May 18, 2013, 05:33:19 PM ---jamack, I personally don't think there is anything wrong with having a build diary here no matter what stage you are in. I wish you would reconsider and put it back up. We can be patient while you work through issues that come up. I too am very interested in your build as I am planning to go with an OEM spec body kit.

LamboJayso, wouldn't an OEM chassis cost way more than a NAERC chassis or something like it? It seems like an OEM chassis is unobtainium for the average builder. If there is a cheap way to get one, please do tell. :)

Mike

--- End quote ---

Yeaa for the average builder but I was speaking specifically to Jamack. He can afford it and it probably would have cost either the same or less overall.

There's an OEM Murcielago chassis on ebay right now going for $20k. & that includes some suspensions, steering shaft, brake pedal, gas pedal, and etc. Most of the essentials for operating a vehicle.

Not worth the $20k in my opinion but one would be better off going that route than building from scratch on a custom chassis.

BigPines:
jamack, I personally don't think there is anything wrong with having a build diary here no matter what stage you are in. I wish you would reconsider and put it back up. We can be patient while you work through issues that come up. I too am very interested in your build as I am planning to go with an OEM spec body kit.

LamboJayso, wouldn't an OEM chassis cost way more than a NAERC chassis or something like it? It seems like an OEM chassis is unobtainium for the average builder. If there is a cheap way to get one, please do tell. :)

Mike

LamboJayso:
Yeaa, building on a custom chassis is extremely time consuming and very expensive. Perhaps if you could have done it all over again, I'm sure you would have snagged an OEM chassis instead like John did. Which is the best route to go. You're this far into it though, might as well see it through.

jamack:
Jay thanks for the concern but I decided to remove my post until it gets to the status of your and other builds on the site, it hopefully will be at a point to go to paint soon but, like everything else relying on others when you have no control ruins some of the best schedules.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version