Author Topic: Warning!!!!! Scammers out there  (Read 1851 times)

Nitemare

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Warning!!!!! Scammers out there
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 11:50:02 AM »
Only thing I'd send to that address is a hitman

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 09:33:11 PM »
All payments are directly to a seller . There's no such thing as eBay escrow where ebay collects the money and holds it

Good thing you didn't send the money

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 08:52:26 PM »
I had something similar going on. U can always forward the message to ebay spoof account.. Spoof@ebay.com
If u don't receive anything in the eBay box then most likely it's spoof. If u receive an email on ure personal email from eBay and not on ure ebay account just send it to ebay spoof email and they will tell u right away if its real or not

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 08:22:26 PM »
Thanks for sharing.

Chris

jw9800

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Warning!!!!! Scammers out there
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 07:11:56 PM »
Not sure where to put this but I almost got scammed. A few weeks ago I bid on a lambo on Ebay and I was not the highest bidder. The other day I got a email supposedly from the seller saying he has lowered the price and I can buy it now if I want. He made it clear that we would have to go through Ebay vehicle Purchase Protection.

see below:
If you decide to buy it you should know that I want the transaction to be handled by eBay vehicle Purchase Protection. They will keep the money until you receive and inspect the car. You will have 5 days of inspection period. If the car is not like described or it has any issues you will have to ship it back on my expense (I'm 100% this won't be the case) and they will give you a full refund. This way, you will be able to inspect the car before committing to buy it and I know that you have  the money and you aren't just fooling around.
A few hours later I received a invoice from Ebay explaining to wire the money to this account:

Bank Name: Bank of America
Beneficiary:
Address:
 Sasson Oscar
11 Winter St.
Boston, MA 02114

Acct. Number: 004642121550
Routing Number: 026009593
Bank Address:  315 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02108
United States
Amount to be sent: $20,000.00

I didn't pay much attention until I got to the bank, then I was questioning why this was going to a person instead of a company. Once I checked the link I saw it was spoofed.

Everyone should be aware of this.