Author Topic: fixing an LS1 V8  (Read 5007 times)

670SV

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: fixing an LS1 V8
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 08:55:57 PM »
Yes, I see it now.

I saw this in a Camaro at Supercar Sunday today!

ronin

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 08:52:30 PM »
Because the project is in the very middle of it's "ugly duckling" stage and my past experience here has not been the best, I am not going to show any big pictures of the project in it's current stage at this time, but this is a more restricted/close up picture taken in the last 5 minutes. A close inspection reveals that the back hatch of a 97 Camaro is being used to fit the Lamborghini-style body to.

ronin

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 08:39:21 PM »
So you're making a mold of the aventador , and it's gonna fit onto a camaro?

No, I think he is making a mold of a Camaro, but the one he was looking at was in to bad of shape and had no motor and was sent to a junkyard.

That's only partially true. Late last year I bought a stripped Camaro to fit parts to. But because of local politics (same source I'm fighting with now) I had to get rid of it after a month. To make matters worse, I suffered a knee injury right before I bought it and; thinking it was no big deal, I let it get out of hand and wound up in the hospital and was crippled for almost 3 months. So in the end, I had no choice but to remove as much of the body as I could and part with the car. Basically, my rental agreement prohibits me from doing any major automotive work at my house and I have no garage to hide it in. So I got rid of the vehicle so that it's "technically" not automotive work.

I still have most of the exterior and am using that to fit the body parts to. But the shell is still a Lamborghini Aventador look alike. The only real differences between the one I am doing and the ones you guys are doing is my shell is a scratch build, it's not an exact copy and it's designed and built from ground up to be stuck on a specific car.

670SV

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 08:21:43 PM »

No, I think he is making a mold of a Camaro, but the one he was looking at was in to bad of shape and had no motor and was sent to a junkyard.

ronin

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
So what happened, did you get the car?

No. I spoke with the fellow and spoke with my mom's BF (who is a 30 something year auto mechanic) about them and found too many uncertainties as well as a very concerning story behind the vehicle (basically that it got dumped on the owner and he knows nothing about it.

If just getting a new Camaro was everything I might not mind, but facing all the potential issues with that car ON TOP of a kit car project? No thanks. Especially when I have someone willing to trade me a perfectly goo 97 6 cylinder Camaro for a copy of my shell when it's done.

Something like that.

Imagine if you got a scale model of a Lamborghini Aventador and customized the body with some of your own ideas. That's pretty much what I'm doing. The good news is that ALLOT of my variations from the stock design are being applied to some of the Aventador replicas some of you are doing. But some of them are also unique. For example, the vent the Gallardo has above it's rear wheel well is going on mine and I may be using a "video game inspired" spoiler. Little things like that. It'll basically look like a tricked out Lamborghini Aventador, though admittedly some of these variations are there mainly to further hide the fact that it's a front engine car.

Some areas have to be molded but for the most part I'm building it the way model makers scratch-build a model. Make each section individually and then glue/glass it all together. I MAY do some work on it tomorrow but for the most part It's on hold due to some local politics and financial issues.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:25:42 PM by ronin »

Transcend

• Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 07:55:45 PM »

ronin

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 07:06:55 PM »

No. I spoke with the fellow and spoke with my mom's BF (who is a 30 something year auto mechanic) about them and found too many uncertainties as well as a very concerning story behind the vehicle (basically that it got dumped on the owner and he knows nothing about it.

If just getting a new Camaro was everything I might not mind, but facing all the potential issues with that car ON TOP of a kit car project? No thanks. Especially when I have someone willing to trade me a perfectly goo 97 6 cylinder Camaro for a copy of my shell when it's done.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 10:08:08 PM »
 the car has been removed at junk yard and compressed into a little cube .

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »
LOL

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 09:54:05 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( ::zzzzz ::zzzzz :P

I think that he passed on the deal.  Too many unknowns.  He did say something like that somewhere on a post somewhere.  I think somewhere, yeah.  Somewhere.

Email to Canada is going up to $0.10 @ word.  Please write your congressman.  He lives in Toronto.  Thanks
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 09:59:19 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

670SV

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 07:35:10 PM »

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 04:17:52 PM »
>>>>>
I passed on the deal. Too many uncertainties.
<<<<<<

670SV

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 11:13:16 PM »
What year was the car?

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:12:10 PM »
The first thing you need to do is go to the auto parts store and pull all the codes that are stored. The person helping you can give some advise. Is it making an odd noise? A compression test is in order, pressurize the cooling system to 15psi and see if it holds pressure , this will check gasket integrity. I would have to see it to be sure.
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

satinta

• Liked: 12
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »
I would not pay more then $1000 in otherwise perfect condition but $500 might be closer in value IMO.
The LS in those cars is 75% of the value. That's why the earlier LT1 cars are so cheap