Author Topic: Prova Countach 5000s Project  (Read 10742 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: Prova Countach 5000s Project
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 08:46:20 AM »
Your 308 looks so close to being done, jump on it and finish it brother!  I really want to see that Prova, that will be an awesome build.
Pedro

Linlor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 05:26:12 PM »
Well, another year and I am still (not) working on the 308 to get it finished.  I have the front clip back on and putting final front piece on to finish the front end for the last time and then into the interior to wrap it up. 

I was hoping to have the 308 out of the garage this past summer but life took over and other priorities came up. Working to have it all wrapped by year end.... We will see if I actually make it....

Countach is patiently waiting in storage for me to get at it....

Linlor

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 11:53:51 AM »
I have started taking the Countach apart and get a better look at everything.  As with everything in life, a well laid out plan on the Ferrari has taken some turns on me.  I hope to have the Ferrari on the road in September this year and then the Countach comes into the garage. 

I pulled the engine and donated it to a young challenged man near me.  He was a star hockey player that might have made it to the NHL but he was blindsided into the boards and ended up with a brain injury and serious complications.  He had a 70 Malibu he was almost finished when he had his injury and now after 5 years of therapy and rehabilitation he is close to getting a modified license back.  The thought of driving the car again has sustained him throughout his recovery.  Very inspiring.  He needed an engine so I donated my V8 since I have the V12.

My Countach is now separated between frame and body.  Body will head off to dry storage for a year or so to help dry it out from many years out in the weather under a tarp and the frame will come in the garage.  The frame looks good but will need some cleanup as it is getting some rust.  Sand blast is needed and then start putting everything back together again.

I hope to be showing progress here regularly soon
Don

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 05:18:06 PM »
Hi Don did you ever get to work on this Countach?
Pedro

Linlor

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 05:48:59 PM »
Holy crap.... I can't believe it has been a year already.....

The 308 is still not complete.  I am in the middle of wiring sorting as the previous builder did some unusual stuff to it.  I have the front end pretty much complete, just waiting to complete interior wiring so I can install the dash and windscreen and then button up the front.

I have a solid two weeks of alone time in the house as my wife is travelling so can get out there a lot in the next bit to hopefully get it all done and driving and then on to the Countach....

A couple pics of the 308 to help give me ambition to finish it.....  ::toothy These were pics of the metal fender vents I made to match up to the headlight buckets and fender shapes.

Cheers
Don

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »
Your 308 is gorgeous !! Please post pics when fully completed

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 08:03:14 PM »
I will have a real 308 or 328 in my garage someday.... just waiting for the right car at the right price.  I came really close to picking up a black 328 about five years ago out of Chicago.  I did the background check on the car and spotted a big service gap.  I found out later that the car was involved in a heavy flood and "dried out".

Another one of my favorites!

Chris

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 05:17:18 PM »
That paint looks awesome!  Pretty soon you will be able to jump on the Countach.
Pedro

Linlor

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »
Off the Countach topic folks but I am pretty excited about my current build.  The 308 is nearing completion so i can start on the Countach this winter but I had to post a few pics of the current build as I am stoked....

Cheers
Don

Linlor

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »
Prova came to its new home last night.  Now I just need to finish of my Ferrari 308 replica in the next several weeks and then get into this one.

On the flat deck leaving the Previous Owner's place.  My cell phone looks like it kinda scrunched the Countach a bit...  Looks kinda stubby in these pics.....

Cheers
Don

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 08:38:55 PM »
Prova body's are the best. If I ever do this again I would like to build one.. Please keep us a build diary, can't wait to see more!

Linlor

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 05:20:50 PM »
I am looking forward to getting it home and seeing what needs to be cleaned up to get it back to where it was.

I will be keeping the existing V8 in it to start as it was fully built out and run for about 3 mins before it was stored.  This one will work to start the project as I will have lots of other stuff to spend my money on to get it ready to roll.... 8)  I do plan n a set of 180* headers built out as well though as I really like the sound it gives to the V8.  the headers on it now are just a set of shorties going into straight pipes into a couple glass packs....

Thanks for the comments and I will be asking some questions on parts as I go.

Cheers
Don

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 06:56:31 PM »
One of my all time favorites and the Prova was certainly the best of the breed.  You might want to consider updating that 350 to one of the newer aluminum V8's which will make the car handle much better but also give you better drivability, better fuel mileage and probably more horsepower for the money.

Thanks for sharing

Chris 

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »
I Love the Countach, that looks like a good project, congratulations!
Pedro

Linlor

Prova Countach 5000s Project
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »
Well,  I finally pulled the trigger on a Prova Countach project I have been back and forth on for almost two years now.   ::beers

Prova body, custom frame, Chev 350 mated to a G50 through a Kennedy adapter and custom axles.  Corvette C4 hubs and brakes on custom suspension.

The project was pretty much built and ready to finish up and the fellow put it into storage and then had to move it outside when the storage location closed.  It sat outside under a tarp for a couple years.  The drive train is Chev 350 with Kennedy adapter to G50 all rebuilt before storage.  The car was pretty much built at the point of work stoppage.

My job will be to take everything back to the frame and all the parts off to clean them up after sitting outside in the weather and then finish the project off.  I am guessing about one year to pull apart and clean and rebuild what needs it and then who knows how long to finish it.  If history serves as an indicator of how long it takes me to get the car done, I will be at it for many years......

There are a LOT of extra parts.  I scoped the engine cylinders and the heads are rusty but the cylinder walls and pistons look good.  I will pull the drive train out and pull the heads off and the lower end to confirm everything is still good and clean up what I need.

I pick the project up next Tuesday so more pics after I take a spray washer to it and clean the parts up.

Cheers
Don